Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery 16:39 - Jan 6 with 1831 viewsBluefish

I decided to make a stand and have cancelled my membership of Prime. I did about 90% + of my Christmas shopping on Amazon because it was so easy but I can't continue to destroy the economy and make an obscenely rich man even richer

I wonder how long I will last

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 1773 viewsKeno

was it cos the delivery driver didn't make a pass at you?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 1763 viewsBluefish

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:44 - Jan 6 by Keno

was it cos the delivery driver didn't make a pass at you?

Of course they did, you have seen me?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:51 - Jan 6 with 1739 viewsMonkeyAlan

I applaud you. But l will continue making him rich. Because 9 times out of 10 they are cheaper than anywhere else. So l have to think about my pocket too.
I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:53 - Jan 6 with 1733 viewsDanTheMan

Doesn't matter at this point, genuinely.

AWS is so ridiculous for them now. If everyone on the planet stopped buying from them they'd still be making obscene amounts of money.

The only real way to stop it at this point is to split it up. Remove AWS from it, then boycotting will do something.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 16:53]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 1697 viewsHalf_Idiot

I only using them as a last resort now, for when I can't find what I want elsewhere and/or need it asap.

It's a difficult choice to make as typically it's much cheaper than most places, but I'd rather part with a couple of extra £ here and there knowing the money has more chance going back into the economy than into Bezos' already overflowing pockets.
I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 1695 viewsKeno

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:45 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

Of course they did, you have seen me?

To be fair Fishers I would

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:58 - Jan 6 with 1695 viewsBluefish

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:53 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

Doesn't matter at this point, genuinely.

AWS is so ridiculous for them now. If everyone on the planet stopped buying from them they'd still be making obscene amounts of money.

The only real way to stop it at this point is to split it up. Remove AWS from it, then boycotting will do something.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 16:53]

My stance is trivial and probably more about me but it is more to do with keeping other businesses in business than putting Amazon out of business

The wealth of Jeff Bezos should be shown to everyone with Amazon accounts. What happens when they are the only show in town and the world's money sits in his account while his robots fulfill the services?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:59 - Jan 6 with 1690 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55228999

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 1667 viewsSteve_M

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:58 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

My stance is trivial and probably more about me but it is more to do with keeping other businesses in business than putting Amazon out of business

The wealth of Jeff Bezos should be shown to everyone with Amazon accounts. What happens when they are the only show in town and the world's money sits in his account while his robots fulfill the services?

"My stance is trivial and probably more about me but it is more to do with keeping other businesses in business than putting Amazon out of business"

Yes, this is key. Look at what happened to the high street nationally and realise what just taking the easiest option will do eventually. I try and avoid Amazon but sometimes it's just so easy, books though I make a real effort to buy from a real bookshop.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:08 - Jan 6 with 1649 viewsBent_double

Good for you. I haven't bought anything directly from them for a few years now, although I do use ebay a lot, and a few of the orders from there pre-Christmas actually came in Amazon boxes.

Bezos is soon to be - or already is - the worlds first trillionaire, isn't he? Ridiculous.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:10 - Jan 6 with 1640 viewsDanTheMan

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 16:58 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

That's a good point. I try and find stuff on basically anything other than Amazon.

However I still have Prime as they've got good TV. Not a brilliant reason but there we go.

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:10 - Jan 6 with 1638 viewsDanTheMan

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:07 - Jan 6 by Steve_M

"My stance is trivial and probably more about me but it is more to do with keeping other businesses in business than putting Amazon out of business"

Yes, this is key. Look at what happened to the high street nationally and realise what just taking the easiest option will do eventually. I try and avoid Amazon but sometimes it's just so easy, books though I make a real effort to buy from a real bookshop.

For bookshops:
https://uk.bookshop.org/

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 1636 viewsN2_Blue

For the first time ever I didn't use Amazon at all this Xmas for presents etc. You can generally find everything that Amazon sells elsewhere, it's just a bit more time spent browsing and admittedly their delivery is top notch, but by ensuring I ordered everything by 1st week of December, my xmas shopping went very smoothly and hopefully I helped a few indies in the process.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:15 - Jan 6 with 1617 viewsLord_Lucan

If we got Amazon to send out the vaccine we would all be done and dusted by Monday, or even tomorrow if you had Prime.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 1597 viewsBlueBadger

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:15 - Jan 6 by Lord_Lucan

If we got Amazon to send out the vaccine we would all be done and dusted by Monday, or even tomorrow if you had Prime.

Nah, it's Aldi check out girls you want, for speed of work.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 1590 viewsjaykay

well the company could be forced to pay more tax. to put a bit more back in the economy.
oh we cant do that, something about free enterprise and they will leave the country and lose all them jobs or things along those lines

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:18 - Jan 6 with 1594 viewswkj

Pretty much take your pick of which obscenely rich people we make richer at this point.

If its amazon, obviously

Familiar brands of store, the ilk of Ashley and Green

Local Brands. Cut throat landlords applying crippling overheads

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:23 - Jan 6 with 1572 viewshomer_123

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:07 - Jan 6 by Steve_M

Whilst true Steve - I've never understood how 'shopping became a pastime' in this Country.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:28 - Jan 6 with 1550 viewsGlasgowBlue

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:23 - Jan 6 by homer_123

Whilst true Steve - I've never understood how 'shopping became a pastime' in this Country.

I miss browsing in the shops, with a spot of lunch and a couple of glasses of wine at the midway point.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:41 - Jan 6 with 1494 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:10 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

That's a good point. I try and find stuff on basically anything other than Amazon.

However I still have Prime as they've got good TV. Not a brilliant reason but there we go.

I took it out purely for the Grand Tour, but they only release 1 per year now!
I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:45 - Jan 6 with 1479 viewsDanTheMan

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:28 - Jan 6 by GlasgowBlue

I miss browsing in the shops, with a spot of lunch and a couple of glasses of wine at the midway point.

Just out for lunch is missed at this point...

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:16 - Jan 6 with 1303 viewsGlasgowBlue

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:45 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

Just out for lunch is missed at this point...

Yeah. That a a night out for a meal.TWTD.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:23 - Jan 6 with 1285 viewsstonojnr

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 17:11 - Jan 6 by N2_Blue

For the first time ever I didn't use Amazon at all this Xmas for presents etc. You can generally find everything that Amazon sells elsewhere, it's just a bit more time spent browsing and admittedly their delivery is top notch, but by ensuring I ordered everything by 1st week of December, my xmas shopping went very smoothly and hopefully I helped a few indies in the process.

how do you know these indies you used werent just placing your order via Amazon...as alot of Ebayers do, who then charge RRP and make the difference as profit for doing nothing more than "click & collect".
I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:24 - Jan 6 with 1279 viewsDanTheMan

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:16 - Jan 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. That a a night out for a meal.TWTD.

That is one of the things I miss most. Couple of bottles of wine, good food.

Still, not too much longer.

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:30 - Jan 6 with 1255 viewsBluefish

I am shortly due to receive my last Amazon delivery on 19:24 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

That is one of the things I miss most. Couple of bottles of wine, good food.

Still, not too much longer.

I'm not missing wine, I've gone through gallons but I am missing having it with company in a restaurant

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024