Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start 08:38 - Jan 12 with 658 viewsdavblue

Before the Doncaster game
played 6 - Goals For 13

after and including the Doncaster game
P 13 - Goals For 12

Green shoots and all that Marcus. This isn't about personnel, it's deeper rooted than that.

It's complete and utter garbage and we are still being peddled the 'green shoots' line.

I've always thought Marcus was reasonably sensible in regards to Managers probably a bit too late to pull the trigger but this is actually beyond contempt the way he's running the club at the moment.

There's absolutely nothing to hang our or his hat on with Lambert, what he see's in him i have no idea but the club is being let to drift and rot.
I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:42 - Jan 12 with 628 viewsHerbivore

This season is a repeat of last season, except our fast start lasted half as long. Basically in the early games our extra quality and a largely settled squad/side had enough to beat mostly lesser third division sides. That's happened two years in a row now. Once other sides start to settle and Lambert starts to tinker, albeit with a bit less tinkering this year, we start to struggle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:55 - Jan 12 with 570 viewsdavblue

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:42 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

This season is a repeat of last season, except our fast start lasted half as long. Basically in the early games our extra quality and a largely settled squad/side had enough to beat mostly lesser third division sides. That's happened two years in a row now. Once other sides start to settle and Lambert starts to tinker, albeit with a bit less tinkering this year, we start to struggle.

The lack of goalscoring and chances created has been going on since Lambert walked in the door. In the Championship we had the ball a lot but didn't look threatening, it's been a theme of Lamberts managerial career here and i would put money on it not changing, even with the players being back.
I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:59 - Jan 12 with 559 viewsHerbivore

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:55 - Jan 12 by davblue

The lack of goalscoring and chances created has been going on since Lambert walked in the door. In the Championship we had the ball a lot but didn't look threatening, it's been a theme of Lamberts managerial career here and i would put money on it not changing, even with the players being back.

This is true, particularly against anyone half decent. As poor as we were against Swindon we scored twice and Judge missed a sitter first half, we have enough individual quality against the poor sides to still create a few decent chances and usually to get a goal or two. Against anyone midtable upwards we struggle much more because the gap in quality is less and is more than overcome by the opposition actually being coached and having a clear structure to their play.

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:03 - Jan 12 with 544 viewsChrisd

Swindon did what most sides do against us now at PR and set up two lines of 4 in front of their penalty area and then ask us to break through it. We’re so slow and laboured in moving the ball, invariably we struggle to break sides down and we show we lack ideas to counter this tactic and ultimately look toothless. Soon as the opposition regain the ball they attack with purpose, pace and incisive passing which further exploits our own deficiencies in the attacking third. I’m just amazed that an ECL winner and his coaching staff can’t see that for themselves and more importantly done little to counter that particular issue over the last season and a half.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 11:00]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:04 - Jan 12 with 524 viewsdavblue

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 08:59 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

This is true, particularly against anyone half decent. As poor as we were against Swindon we scored twice and Judge missed a sitter first half, we have enough individual quality against the poor sides to still create a few decent chances and usually to get a goal or two. Against anyone midtable upwards we struggle much more because the gap in quality is less and is more than overcome by the opposition actually being coached and having a clear structure to their play.

just garbage isn't it?

It's just so obvious to everyone apart from our owner and that's what concerns me most.
I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:14 - Jan 12 with 502 viewsitfcjoe

In the last 24 games of last season we only scored more than 1 goal on 3 ocassions.

It's utter rubbish, and there is not one good reason for him still to be our manager. Rest assured when he goes down he'll go down swinging as well and will attempt to disrupt our future. Needs to be done ASAP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:16 - Jan 12 with 486 viewsGuthrum

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:03 - Jan 12 by Chrisd

Swindon did what most sides do against us now at PR and set up two lines of 4 in front of their penalty area and then ask us to break through it. We’re so slow and laboured in moving the ball, invariably we struggle to break sides down and we show we lack ideas to counter this tactic and ultimately look toothless. Soon as the opposition regain the ball they attack with purpose, pace and incisive passing which further exploits our own deficiencies in the attacking third. I’m just amazed that an ECL winner and his coaching staff can’t see that for themselves and more importantly done little to counter that particular issue over the last season and a half.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 11:00]

A lot of the time we don't even try to break through. Instead just pass the ball to our defence and try to wear the opposition down through old age.

However, occasionally, we do actually try something. Suddenly it looks good and is effective - at least until we shoot wide or lose the ball. But then we retreat back into the shell again. If we did it more often, then some of the chances might yield fruit, altho we would also have to handle more counterattacks. It would put the opposition on the back foot, rather than having all the time in the world to organise themselves and work out what they want to do next.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:16 - Jan 12 with 485 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've no idea who Green is, but I wish our other players would shoot!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:17 - Jan 12 with 485 viewsHerbivore

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:14 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

In the last 24 games of last season we only scored more than 1 goal on 3 ocassions.

It's utter rubbish, and there is not one good reason for him still to be our manager. Rest assured when he goes down he'll go down swinging as well and will attempt to disrupt our future. Needs to be done ASAP

ME undoubtedly takes too long to make decisions when it comes to changing managers, Hurst aside, but this is a whole new level. He should have gone a year ago at least, and nothing that's happened since then has shown anything to suggest that we could improve under Lambert. Holding on to a failing manager for this long is just utterly bizzare and wouldn't happen at any other club.

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:20 - Jan 12 with 476 viewsdavblue

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:14 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

It's becoming negligent ownership.

I really don't see what Evans is getting from keeping hold of him apart from saving himself money in the short term. Longer term it's hard to see how this is going to affect him with wage caps.

What have you heard then Joe? If you don't want it on the forum feel free to PM in private.
I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 11:01 - Jan 12 with 379 viewsChrisd

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 09:20 - Jan 12 by davblue

It's becoming negligent ownership.

I really don't see what Evans is getting from keeping hold of him apart from saving himself money in the short term. Longer term it's hard to see how this is going to affect him with wage caps.

What have you heard then Joe? If you don't want it on the forum feel free to PM in private.

You’ve answered your own question there Davblue.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I've just been looking at goals scored after our fast start on 11:20 - Jan 12 with 347 viewsSteve_M

"In the last 24 games of last season we only scored more than 1 goal on 3 occasions"

That can't quite be right, I started thinking that in one of them we conceded five but there were also Accrington, Tranmere and Burton.

The general trend is obvious though, a side shrinking into itself and getting worse over the season.

Evans will drag this out a lot longer I suspect although, I agree, it needs to be now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024