Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... 12:51 - Jan 14 with 1107 viewsBloots

....and joined Braga.

Lucas Paizon.

10 years.

7 loans.

1 league appearance.

Modern football is rubbish.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 1061 viewshomer_123

To be fair to him, his loan spells were typically season long and he's actually played a lot of football.

He was certainly 'earmarked' as a potentially excellent player. Just didn't quite get to that level and there were too many ahead of him at Chelsea.

As you say, not ideal but at least he played a fair few matches.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 13:25 - Jan 14 with 966 viewsTJS

I wouldn't mind the entire loan system scrapped.
Perhaps footballers would then have to sign for a club that matches their actual ability or not play at all.
Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:29 - Jan 14 with 843 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Wonder how much Chelsea made from loaning him out?
Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:37 - Jan 14 with 820 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:29 - Jan 14 by PrideOfTheEast

Wonder how much Chelsea made from loaning him out?

Was going to post similar - they paid upwards of £5m for him but have almost certainly made a healthy profit long before now!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:41 - Jan 14 with 802 viewsDubtractor

I signed him on loan for Ipswich on one of my Football Manager games.

He didn't do much of note.

Just thought I'd share that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:43 - Jan 14 with 789 viewsStokieBlue

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 12:55 - Jan 14 by homer_123

To be fair to him, his loan spells were typically season long and he's actually played a lot of football.

He was certainly 'earmarked' as a potentially excellent player. Just didn't quite get to that level and there were too many ahead of him at Chelsea.

As you say, not ideal but at least he played a fair few matches.

Yeah, he played 20+ games nearly every season and still only 26.

Chelsea and their approach to loans is ridiculous of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:59 - Jan 14 with 747 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This is why Chelsea are clever.... they have a stable of players who they know won't ever make the 1st team...but send them out on loan they may get 15 to 20 mil out of player who cost them peanuts and that all goes to offset Romans outlay.....

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 15:05 - Jan 14 with 722 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:59 - Jan 14 by BlueandTruesince82

This is why Chelsea are clever.... they have a stable of players who they know won't ever make the 1st team...but send them out on loan they may get 15 to 20 mil out of player who cost them peanuts and that all goes to offset Romans outlay.....

You say Matt, I say Miazga

And then occasionally they get a ridiculous offer and sell them like Papy Djilobodji

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 16:39 - Jan 14 with 594 viewsallezlesbleus

There should be some sort of "tax" that kicks in on any profit made in circumstances like this, where the player makes so few appearances for his parent club. A percentage of any transfer profit should go to the club where the player started his career / initial selling club and another % should go to aid grass roots football.
Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 16:56 - Jan 14 with 563 viewsBluefish

Chelsea's longest serving player has left..... on 14:41 - Jan 14 by Dubtractor

I signed him on loan for Ipswich on one of my Football Manager games.

He didn't do much of note.

Just thought I'd share that.

Good managers get the beat out of players apparently. Not seen it happen myself though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024