Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the club care about the fans? 10:13 - Jan 14 with 1135 viewsGeorge25

Saw someone point out of Twitter that club are almost forcing fans to continue to pay for their ST in order to retain their seat. I shows how disconnected the club are that they haven’t brought out a retention program that other clubs have done during Covid , where you pay a small fee to retain you’re seat for next or future season. That way fans that fancial can’t continue to pay or don’t want to continue can stop paying for a ST but are guaranteed their seat back for following season.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 10:13]
Does the club care about the fans? on 11:24 - Jan 14 with 982 viewsBasuco

No one is being forced to do anything by the club, some are able and happy to keep paying for their ST's, others have cancelled direct debits, it is all personal choice. If you decide to give up your seat then it is open to be sold, this cannot be seen as unreasonable. Personal circumstances will dictate what is right for each of us as individuals, I like to think my money will help keep our club going so that when it is safe to do so I can return to Portman Road. But I understand that I may not always be able to do this and others may not be able to do it at all.
Does the club care about the fans? on 12:36 - Jan 14 with 906 viewsRegencyBlue

I think it’s fair to say the disconnect between the club and the fans has never been greater, not in my lifetime anyway.

Nobody is forced to pay for a season ticket though. If you cancel, the chances of getting your old seat back if you decide to renew in the future are quite high I would imagine. With the way things are generally, and the club in particular, I can’t see demand for tickets doing anything but falling off a cliff!
Does the club care about the fans? on 12:56 - Jan 14 with 854 viewsParsley

Are people that attached to having a particular seat? We have a large stadium and getting a ticket when fans return won't be an issue, not like some premier league clubs for example where there are long waiting lists for season tickets
Does the club care about the fans? on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 749 viewsBLUEBEAT

I like my seat but there are plenty more to choose from.

Will probably be my last ST for a while anyway, all things club-wise and world-wise considered...

Poll: W or W

Does the club care about the fans? on 13:35 - Jan 14 with 738 viewsVaughan8

It was only a few years ago they were still charging £35 for casual fans to watch a game!

The club has been so out of touch for so many years. I said it years ago that they are damaging the younger fan base when they were making it very expensive for not very good football, in the 2nd tier.

I'm guessing our average age of fans would be relatively high.

Regarding the season ticket, people must have known at the start of the season you wouldn't see many games. Some poeple just seem to not have the ability to not renew. I suppose people would say they are loyal haha
As someone said above, I don't think its unreasonable for the club to resell your seat if someone wanted it. However, I would imagine that is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon. I should imagine the take up of STs at the moment is nil.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 13:37]
Does the club care about the fans? on 13:43 - Jan 14 with 696 viewsChurchman

Not a jot. The supporters are there as a captive milk cow to extract as much from for as long as they can any way they can.
Does the club care about the fans? on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 477 viewsGarv

Fans have a choice. They're not being forced to do anything.

There's an incredible amount of entitlement going on at the minute. If we were top of the league I'm fairly sure posts like yours wouldn't exist.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024