Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe 07:05 - Jan 29 with 2143 viewslambchoppywaters

Too many teams on good runs of form of late and it will simply be too much for the squad to make up a bigger points deficit than already exists.
Lose or draw we need to up the Lambert Out Campaigning
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 07:46 - Jan 29 with 1474 viewsChrisd

How he is still in the job I really do not know? Beating Crewe makes no difference to us and PL’s managerial capability, it won’t suddenly make us promotion contenders. When you can’t beat any of the current top 7 and haven’t consistently over the last 18 months that should highlight enough to ME that we simply aren’t going anywhere with PL, clause or no clause. The way things are going I’m more concerned about those teams behind us, we’re even struggling against them and our general lack of goals and form is that of a team fighting the threat of relegation.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 8:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 07:51 - Jan 29 with 1455 viewsgordon

Yeah, think a few people underestimating the chances of play-offs from here, even with a competent manager. Very unlikely.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 08:26 - Jan 29 with 1387 viewsHerbivore

Our season is over so long as Lambert remains here. It's not terminal yet even if we lose at Crewe but our only chance of salvaging anything from this season is if we change manager as soon as possible. Every day he is here kills our chances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 08:30 - Jan 29 with 1383 viewsChondzoresk

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 07:46 - Jan 29 by Chrisd

How he is still in the job I really do not know? Beating Crewe makes no difference to us and PL’s managerial capability, it won’t suddenly make us promotion contenders. When you can’t beat any of the current top 7 and haven’t consistently over the last 18 months that should highlight enough to ME that we simply aren’t going anywhere with PL, clause or no clause. The way things are going I’m more concerned about those teams behind us, we’re even struggling against them and our general lack of goals and form is that of a team fighting the threat of relegation.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 8:12]

Doubt we will beat them. They will want to bounce back after their recent drubbing. Sooner Lambert goes the better.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 08:50 - Jan 29 with 1328 viewsitfcjoe

HOpefully the season begins tomorrow if we lose, with a new gaffer in charge.

If we do we'll have 35 points after 23 games - new guy would need 40 to get us in the play offs, 50 to push for automatic......not a Herculean task

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:15 - Jan 29 with 1267 viewsFoD_Blue

Since we last played Crewe we have played 14 games and lost 9.
The only teams we have been able to beat are:
Burton (twice)
Shrewsbury
Plymouth (after they went down to 10 men)

We weren't convincing when we beat Crewe at PR. Under the current regime I wouldn't be confident of us being able to beat anybody in this league, look at Swindon as an example of how low we have sunk.

Unless we have a massive turnaround in form, this season is already a write-off. The sooner we get rid of Lambert, the better chance we have of turning things around.

Lambert Out!
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:31 - Jan 29 with 1234 viewsjayessess

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 08:50 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

If we do we'll have 35 points after 23 games - new guy would need 40 to get us in the play offs, 50 to push for automatic......not a Herculean task

Might need a bit more than that - there are currently six teams in the division on target for 82 points or more and four looking at 86 points or more.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:33 - Jan 29 with 1227 viewsIP4_Blue

No plenty more points to play for new manager couple of wins things can change quickly
Login to get fewer ads

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:37 - Jan 29 with 1214 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:31 - Jan 29 by jayessess

Might need a bit more than that - there are currently six teams in the division on target for 82 points or more and four looking at 86 points or more.

It always settle down though, got to go back to 2010 for a seaosn where 75 points wasn't enough for at least 6th place....

Only takes a couple of defeats for those teams on course for 82 to be on course for 76/77

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 1197 viewsBloomBlue

I don't agree with that plenty of clubs have come from a worse position and made the playoffs. Many times you see a team sneak into 6th place and they haven't been in the top 6 at any stage previously in that season and then win the playoff. HOWEVER we need a manager to pick a team who can get into the form that will take us into the top 6
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 1193 viewsjayessess

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:37 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

It always settle down though, got to go back to 2010 for a seaosn where 75 points wasn't enough for at least 6th place....

Only takes a couple of defeats for those teams on course for 82 to be on course for 76/77

Sure, but equally there's another group of 6 teams for whom a couple of wins put them on course for 80+ as well.

I don't know if there's a general tendency for teams in the top half to score fewer points in the second half of the season? Maybe this is just going to be one of those weird seasons where points are unevenly distributed to the top half...
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 9:43]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 10:28 - Jan 29 with 1134 viewsgordon

The problem for a new manager coming in will be that we're going to be playing two games a week for two months, with lots of those away (of our last 24 games, 10 are at home, 14 away) so lots of travelling, little chance to take stock, put together a strategy, work on anything on the training ground etc. Just a slog to the end of the season.

Definitely not impossible, but a really big ask.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:11 - Jan 29 with 1083 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 10:28 - Jan 29 by gordon

The problem for a new manager coming in will be that we're going to be playing two games a week for two months, with lots of those away (of our last 24 games, 10 are at home, 14 away) so lots of travelling, little chance to take stock, put together a strategy, work on anything on the training ground etc. Just a slog to the end of the season.

Definitely not impossible, but a really big ask.

Our run of 10 points in last 10 games, includes picking up 3 points from 7 home games

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 1051 viewsParky

He isn’t going anywhere, is he? If Evans is still backing him with trying to get loan signings he wants, I highly doubt it means he’s about to get the boot.

Club is a shambles.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:23 - Jan 29 with 1047 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Worth also highlighting that we have played Sunderland twice but are yet to play Northampton or Wimbledon so realistically our second half of fixtures are slightly more favourable.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:31 - Jan 29 with 1032 viewsfarkenhell

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 09:15 - Jan 29 by FoD_Blue

Since we last played Crewe we have played 14 games and lost 9.
The only teams we have been able to beat are:
Burton (twice)
Shrewsbury
Plymouth (after they went down to 10 men)

We weren't convincing when we beat Crewe at PR. Under the current regime I wouldn't be confident of us being able to beat anybody in this league, look at Swindon as an example of how low we have sunk.

Unless we have a massive turnaround in form, this season is already a write-off. The sooner we get rid of Lambert, the better chance we have of turning things around.

Lambert Out!

Your first paragraph says it all.
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:54 - Jan 29 with 985 viewstractordownsouth

We'll likely be 6 points off the top 6 with half the season to go. With a competent manager we'd have a good chance of getting there.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 979 viewsBramidan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 11:23 - Jan 29 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Worth also highlighting that we have played Sunderland twice but are yet to play Northampton or Wimbledon so realistically our second half of fixtures are slightly more favourable.

Hold on even if we made the play offs do you think we would be capable of beating the other teams?
Us fannying about owning the ball whilst they attack with purpose?
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:02 - Jan 29 with 959 viewsStokieBlue

Am slightly worried that he's still out looking at getting loans in and is looking to loan out players.

I know that doesn't actually mean anything but it could mean something.

I can't take anymore of the nonsense to be honest. He needs to go today, I don't even care if it's a day before a match. We are likely to lose the match anyway so doesn't make a difference.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 943 viewstractordownsouth

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:02 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

Am slightly worried that he's still out looking at getting loans in and is looking to loan out players.

I can't take anymore of the nonsense to be honest. He needs to go today, I don't even care if it's a day before a match. We are likely to lose the match anyway so doesn't make a difference.

SB

I don't think Evans will let him get anyone else in. That's not based on any def info, I just can't see it - even Evans wouldn't do that.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:09 - Jan 29 with 934 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:02 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

SB

The earliest he'll be sacked is Sunday, and the transfer window closes Monday night.

If a new man is appointed on Monday, then they have no time to get a transfer in - so these are club deals being done, not manager deals.

I wouldn't worry too much about them as having any bearing on long term future

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:14 - Jan 29 with 915 viewshype313

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:09 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

The earliest he'll be sacked is Sunday, and the transfer window closes Monday night.

If a new man is appointed on Monday, then they have no time to get a transfer in - so these are club deals being done, not manager deals.

The one thing I'm clinging onto in this case is that it's the potential new manager pulling the strings, i.e Yep, need a striker or back up LB etc.

I know that sounds implausible, but that's all I've got in desperation.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:20 - Jan 29 with 897 viewsitfcjoe

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:14 - Jan 29 by hype313

The one thing I'm clinging onto in this case is that it's the potential new manager pulling the strings, i.e Yep, need a striker or back up LB etc.

I know that sounds implausible, but that's all I've got in desperation.

I think a lot of the recruitment is done centrally at the club rather than being manager led in it's entirity

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:25 - Jan 29 with 879 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:09 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

Sacked on Sunday if we win?
Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:27 - Jan 29 with 870 viewshype313

Season ends tomorrow if we can’t win at Crewe on 12:20 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

I think a lot of the recruitment is done centrally at the club rather than being manager led in it's entirity

That potentially bodes well then, and it's also not a big sign of Marcus backing Lambert per se.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024