Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just 12000 covid positives today 16:36 - Feb 9 with 619 viewschrismakin

Really promising.

I know lockdown isnt great but hope they dont lift things to quickly again when we are moving in the right direction.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just 12000 covid positives today on 16:49 - Feb 9 with 569 viewsMercian

It is promising but still high. I'm guessing that the infection rate would have to drop into the hundreds before restrictions are eased. Deaths are still high but are a result of the very high infection rate in mid to late January. The last time restrictions were lifted one of the governments top medical advisors said we were now in a penalty shootout with the virus, a shootout that was lost.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:52]
Just 12000 covid positives today on 17:10 - Feb 9 with 521 viewsEastTownBlue

Just 12000 covid positives today on 16:49 - Feb 9 by Mercian

It is promising but still high. I'm guessing that the infection rate would have to drop into the hundreds before restrictions are eased. Deaths are still high but are a result of the very high infection rate in mid to late January. The last time restrictions were lifted one of the governments top medical advisors said we were now in a penalty shootout with the virus, a shootout that was lost.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:52]

Yes, still high but a drop of 4,000 compared to last Tuesday. Not sure if we are seeing the results of the targeted postcode areas that they are testing yet.
Just 12000 covid positives today on 17:25 - Feb 9 with 474 viewsChurchman

Just 12000 covid positives today on 17:10 - Feb 9 by EastTownBlue

Yes, still high but a drop of 4,000 compared to last Tuesday. Not sure if we are seeing the results of the targeted postcode areas that they are testing yet.

The testing in this country is huge now. More than 600k per day, more than double that of Germany per million of people and way more than France. In theory, that means that targeting an area unless you throw all testing at it shouldn’t make any real difference.

I gather track and trace is more effective now (at long last) which means that with testing, border control and vaccination there’s a chance that when infection rate drops enough, there will be a chance of managing it.

I think things like hospitality will open up in April. I hope so. I’m gagging for a pint in a proper pub!
We've literally done more tests than..... on 18:01 - Feb 9 with 397 viewsBloots

Just 12000 covid positives today on 17:25 - Feb 9 by Churchman

The testing in this country is huge now. More than 600k per day, more than double that of Germany per million of people and way more than France. In theory, that means that targeting an area unless you throw all testing at it shouldn’t make any real difference.

I gather track and trace is more effective now (at long last) which means that with testing, border control and vaccination there’s a chance that when infection rate drops enough, there will be a chance of managing it.

I think things like hospitality will open up in April. I hope so. I’m gagging for a pint in a proper pub!

....there are people in the country, by about 10 million.

If anyone thinks that the number of positive tests is ever going to get anywhere near zero they are going to be disappointed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We've literally done more tests than..... on 18:12 - Feb 9 with 368 viewsChurchman

We've literally done more tests than..... on 18:01 - Feb 9 by Bloots

....there are people in the country, by about 10 million.

If anyone thinks that the number of positive tests is ever going to get anywhere near zero they are going to be disappointed.

The population of Germany is 82m, the U.K. 68m and France 65m. The testing stats I was comparing was per million of population.

As for positive tests, I agree. I doubt it’ll get anywhere near zero. Nobody thinks that. It’s about getting it low enough to be manageable and having mechanisms in place to do just that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024