Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true 08:13 - Feb 17 with 1903 viewsSimonds92

Ultimately the club is rotten throughout. I cant see that just changing the manager will get us back to being where we need to be (To clarify we do absolutely need a change of manager).
We've had Keane, McCarthy, Hurst and now Lambert criticise how the club operates. I have no idea specifically what they are referring to and in this league we definitely havent been underfunded on the playing side either. This squad is more than capable of winning this league. Clearly there is something drastically wrong behind the scenes.

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:22 - Feb 17 with 1834 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He was right on some points.

However, that doesn't excuse the terrible job he has done.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:22 - Feb 17 with 1839 viewsChrisd

Got my fingers crossed that a few things come out in the wash.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:25]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:24 - Feb 17 with 1825 viewsSitfcB

Well yes I think we all know that but he’s deflecting it now. Totally changed tact.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:26 - Feb 17 with 1800 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Yes there are far more issues at the club than just Lambert but he still has a good squad for this league. He sets up the team and tactics.it's his job to motivate the players. Sorry but he has to go. We're stuck with Evans unless someone buys him out and that's highly unlikely
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:30 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewsDubtractor

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:24 - Feb 17 by SitfcB

Well yes I think we all know that but he’s deflecting it now. Totally changed tact.

Exactly this.

Just a failing manager desperately flinging blame elsewhere.

Clearly there are issues at the club, we all know that, but Lambert is by far the biggest one right now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:33 - Feb 17 with 1741 viewsbobbyramsey

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:30 - Feb 17 by Dubtractor

Exactly this.

Just a failing manager desperately flinging blame elsewhere.

Clearly there are issues at the club, we all know that, but Lambert is by far the biggest one right now.

And now he's trying to blame ME which won't go down too well......
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 8:33]
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:34 - Feb 17 with 1719 viewsjayessess

It's very easy to stand up and gesture vaguely at non-specific underlying problems that explain your own personal failings.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:40 - Feb 17 with 1681 viewsHerbivore

He's been here 2 and a half years and what changes has he helped to make? He came in saying the club was a mess and what was his grand solution? More blue at the training ground and free pints for ST holders. Evans is not unwilling to spend on the club but it's pretty clear neither he or anyone currently at the club know where that money needs to be spent.

I fully expect that Lambert's frustration is that he's not had even more money to spend on the playing squad. He's just lashing out to deflect from the fact he's been utterly hopeless and trying to limit the damage to his reputation in the hope some other mugs might give him a job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:54 - Feb 17 with 1617 viewsdirtyboy

What's wrong then?

Not enough money? He knew the gig, as did Hurst as did McCarthy...

Can't moan about that....plenty of teams with less money and resources doing much better than we are.

I think we know for a fact that our academy is very well funded and still well thought of. So surely that's not an issue.

Scouting network....possibly work to be done there.

Ultimately.

Lambert picks the team.
Lambert motivates the players.
Lambert decides the tactics.

I've seen nothing in the three most important aspects of a game of football that aren't the responsibility of the manager.

We were totally awful first half last night, really bad.

Some decent individual performances 2nd half, Bishop and Judge get their heads up and play, Norwood is crude at times, but he's so effective. He might still be lacking fitness, so some slack cut there, but he's a top player and proved he can score goals.

I bet another manager would play Norwood and Parrott/Jackson up top....play to your strengths...as Lambert would say, it's a simple game. Irony.
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:12 - Feb 17 with 1546 viewsSimonds92

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:54 - Feb 17 by dirtyboy

What's wrong then?

Not enough money? He knew the gig, as did Hurst as did McCarthy...

Can't moan about that....plenty of teams with less money and resources doing much better than we are.

I think we know for a fact that our academy is very well funded and still well thought of. So surely that's not an issue.

Scouting network....possibly work to be done there.

Ultimately.

Lambert picks the team.
Lambert motivates the players.
Lambert decides the tactics.

I've seen nothing in the three most important aspects of a game of football that aren't the responsibility of the manager.

We were totally awful first half last night, really bad.

Some decent individual performances 2nd half, Bishop and Judge get their heads up and play, Norwood is crude at times, but he's so effective. He might still be lacking fitness, so some slack cut there, but he's a top player and proved he can score goals.

I bet another manager would play Norwood and Parrott/Jackson up top....play to your strengths...as Lambert would say, it's a simple game. Irony.

Im not making excuses for Lambert,i'm just concerned thatwhen the next guy comes in we will end up in a similar scenario. As mentioned, this squad should have enough to win the league comfortably. There is no direction, pattern of play, cohesive pressing. We've all been able to see this for about 18 months - 2 years. He is absolutely not tactically good enough.
We have made cuts upon cuts behind the scenes, the morale around the place has not been good for at least 10 - 15 years. Our recruitment/ scouting is really poor, there's nothing progressive about the club, the level of injuries we've had is ridiculous. The mentality of the club is so fragile as well. You see the likes of Chambers looking helpless when things are going against us. There's no belief that we can turn things around. That's not a Lambert thing, its been there since we were playing really poorly under McCarthy and Hurst.
I just think there is a lot more deep rooted issues which will prevent the next manager from being successful. We could be promoted with the right man in the job but im then concerned about what will happen from there.
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:22 - Feb 17 with 1491 viewsjayessess

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:12 - Feb 17 by Simonds92

Im not making excuses for Lambert,i'm just concerned thatwhen the next guy comes in we will end up in a similar scenario. As mentioned, this squad should have enough to win the league comfortably. There is no direction, pattern of play, cohesive pressing. We've all been able to see this for about 18 months - 2 years. He is absolutely not tactically good enough.
We have made cuts upon cuts behind the scenes, the morale around the place has not been good for at least 10 - 15 years. Our recruitment/ scouting is really poor, there's nothing progressive about the club, the level of injuries we've had is ridiculous. The mentality of the club is so fragile as well. You see the likes of Chambers looking helpless when things are going against us. There's no belief that we can turn things around. That's not a Lambert thing, its been there since we were playing really poorly under McCarthy and Hurst.
I just think there is a lot more deep rooted issues which will prevent the next manager from being successful. We could be promoted with the right man in the job but im then concerned about what will happen from there.

The only person who can fix the deep rooted issues is a good first team manager.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:24 - Feb 17 with 1477 viewsreusersfreekicks

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 08:40 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

He's been here 2 and a half years and what changes has he helped to make? He came in saying the club was a mess and what was his grand solution? More blue at the training ground and free pints for ST holders. Evans is not unwilling to spend on the club but it's pretty clear neither he or anyone currently at the club know where that money needs to be spent.

I fully expect that Lambert's frustration is that he's not had even more money to spend on the playing squad. He's just lashing out to deflect from the fact he's been utterly hopeless and trying to limit the damage to his reputation in the hope some other mugs might give him a job.

Precisely
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:28 - Feb 17 with 1450 viewsdirtyboy

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:12 - Feb 17 by Simonds92

To clarify, I know you're not making excuses and merely looking to see if there are other issues to be addressed.

I'm sure there are, but this squad, this budget is more than capable of being in the top 6 and that's on Lambert.
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 1411 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:24 - Feb 17 by reusersfreekicks

Precisely

Isn't there something in this though? "Losing mentality" as a shorthand perhaps? Complacency? Ready acceptance of defeat? The players effort on match day seems adequate but after the game do they really care if they have won or not? Does anyone apart from the fanbase?

Is that the sort of thing Keane and even Hurst were also banging on about?

I have no idea of course hence all the questions but is it all part of the "comfy little Ipswich" thing?

Even if this was what Lambert meant when he arrived and has referenced again now he must go but, as others have said, until the culture/structure in the club changes a new manager will only help to slow the rate of decline.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:35 - Feb 17 with 1392 viewsHerbivore

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:34 - Feb 17 by You_Bloo_Right

Isn't there something in this though? "Losing mentality" as a shorthand perhaps? Complacency? Ready acceptance of defeat? The players effort on match day seems adequate but after the game do they really care if they have won or not? Does anyone apart from the fanbase?

Is that the sort of thing Keane and even Hurst were also banging on about?

I have no idea of course hence all the questions but is it all part of the "comfy little Ipswich" thing?

Even if this was what Lambert meant when he arrived and has referenced again now he must go but, as others have said, until the culture/structure in the club changes a new manager will only help to slow the rate of decline.

Lambert has signed or re-signed virtually this entire squad. If the issue is the attitude of the players that is on him too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 1356 viewsdirtyboy

For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:35 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Lambert has signed or re-signed virtually this entire squad. If the issue is the attitude of the players that is on him too.

This is key isn't it?

He's had long enough to make enough changes to point us in the right direction and yet, we're further off course now than we've ever been.

I've seen nothing of that great influx of enthusiam he brought when he came in, the consistency is not there. The one consistent is the inability to adapt and be stubborn.

I'm all for stubborness in the right places, and believing in your methods is important, but there's a time to question yourself and he should very much be doing that right now.
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:46 - Feb 17 with 1333 viewsMonkeyAlan

He was right on a lot of things. Doesn't alter the fact that he is clueless and so are his coaching staff.
For a change, a lot of what Lambert said last night is true on 09:51 - Feb 17 with 1312 viewsParky

Whilst I get there are numerous things wrong with this club and the way it’s run, I strongly believe any competent manager would not have us in the mess we’re in now.

Let’s not forget Lambert had 31 games left to play in the Championship where we were 4 points off safety when he took over. We finished that season below Bolton.

Before people then say “well he inherited Hurst’s team” - Lambert has now had 5 transfer windows to build his own squad.

Again, I don’t think Evans is the perfect owner; far from it. He has the highest paid manager in League One, the largest playing squad and definitely one of the most expensive. Those loan signings wouldn’t have been cheap either.

As a summary, whilst I think there definitely should be some questions around Evans’ decision making and general running of club I.e who decided to let our best players go under Hurst - Lambert IS to blame for where we are now.

Any decent competent manager would lick their lips at our squad and get us at least competing in this awful league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024