Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The odd thing about that ref last night 09:12 - Feb 17 with 654 viewsDubtractor

Until the Judge incident I thought he'd actually been decent, had a control on the game, no bad decisions that I remember.

So the Judge incident seemed to come from nowhere. Had there been some verbals going on prior to that that I'd missed? Or did he simply melt down at a fairly routine claim for a penalty? I don't think it was a penalty FWIW, but any team would claim for it.

Also, BBC are now showing the Downes red as a straight red for violent conduct?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 9:13]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:14 - Feb 17 with 625 viewsbluefunk

Add to that the Downes booking for pushing him away when it was their player who was actually the one manhandling him away from Judge. Unprecedented.
The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:15 - Feb 17 with 615 viewsWickets

I agree . i have only seen the incident live but my first thoughts where thats a Pen ! But we were terrible until we went 442 for the last ten minutes or so .
The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 576 viewsEdwardStone

I thought the ref had a fair game, although he seemed very pernickety about the exact position for the ball for free kicks and the exact position for throw-ins

Always a bad sign when the ref is pernickety....'t is a sign of instability, doncha know
The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:23 - Feb 17 with 521 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:18 - Feb 17 by EdwardStone

I thought the ref had a fair game, although he seemed very pernickety about the exact position for the ball for free kicks and the exact position for throw-ins

Always a bad sign when the ref is pernickety....'t is a sign of instability, doncha know

I thought that he possibly let a couple of challenges go that should have been carded but nothing that had me screaming at the screen.

The bit that I don’t understand is if he has reacted to something that Judge has said,why not simply give him a red card rather than bring in his head towards the player, which was clearly confrontational. I think that when the dust settles on this the ref could be quite a bit of trouble.

Poll: Our final position

The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:35 - Feb 17 with 462 viewsBloomBlue

I didn't notice him that much in the game up to that point which I always think is a good thing for a ref. I certainly thought it was penalty when it was shown live and the replay but to react how he did I think he will be in trouble.
The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 429 viewsSteve_M

Yes, overall control of the game was markedly good. A few odd decisions - not booking Mills for kicking Parrott in the head and letting Kenlock get away with two fouls in a row - but far better than the dross we normally get. Then he lost it.

Worth noting that D'Urso was good at the overall control thing, before following it up with some ridiculous decision - sending McGreal off, pointing to the penalty spot against Swansea before changing his mind etc etc.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The odd thing about that ref last night on 11:36 - Feb 17 with 336 viewsWickets

The odd thing about that ref last night on 09:18 - Feb 17 by EdwardStone

To be fair the first Pernickedy bit he could do very little about as he put the white line down and Northampton did try take the kick a yard away from it , if he had allowed play to continue and they had scored !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024