Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do I feel anger? 18:43 - Feb 27 with 3643 viewsPendejo

Back to back wins, should be ecstatic, but feel strangely angry.

I can't work out whether when Lambert was trying to get us promoted he was so inept we were where we were, but once he knew it's soon game over all of a sudden we either don't concede or if we do we still win. Why? How? Is there any logic to it?

If have the players found something extra within themselves since they became aware of potential changes... Shame on them, should always try their best.

I mean the challenge of reaching the play offs suddenly seems doable, we've beaten teams above us in the table after being pretty pathetic for weeks on end, not to mention the Phil situation...

Angry, confused but pleasantly pleased.

COYB!!!!!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Why do I feel anger? on 18:45 - Feb 27 with 3602 viewsTerra_Farma

Great tune
Why do I feel anger? on 18:57 - Feb 27 with 3494 viewsKeaneish

Bottom line is, Doncaster have come to Portman Toad and dominated the ball for 90 minutes. Irrespective of a win, that is why Lambert is leaving. We’re celebrating a win against a top six side; it should be them celebrating coming to PR and keeping the score down. This is how far expectations have fallen and how far we have to go to get back.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Why do I feel anger? on 19:48 - Feb 27 with 3346 viewsrattram

Why do I feel anger? on 18:57 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Bottom line is, Doncaster have come to Portman Toad and dominated the ball for 90 minutes. Irrespective of a win, that is why Lambert is leaving. We’re celebrating a win against a top six side; it should be them celebrating coming to PR and keeping the score down. This is how far expectations have fallen and how far we have to go to get back.

Why not accept that we defended very well. Their goal was even created by Flynn Downes.
Why do I feel anger? on 20:08 - Feb 27 with 3288 viewshabs

My thoughts exactly.

Obviously happy with the 6 points this week but it seems massively coincidental that it has come at the same time of the takeover. Why have the players only now started playing? Presumably to save their jobs but that’s completely farcical.
Why do I feel anger? on 20:54 - Feb 27 with 3154 viewsGarv

That's ridiculous.

Doncaster aren't a non league team. They beat us 3-2 at home in 2011, was that a sign of how far we'd fallen at the time?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why do I feel anger? on 21:55 - Feb 27 with 3038 viewsKeaneish

Why do I feel anger? on 20:54 - Feb 27 by Garv

That's ridiculous.

Doncaster aren't a non league team. They beat us 3-2 at home in 2011, was that a sign of how far we'd fallen at the time?

What’s ridiculous? Accepting that it’s OK for Doncaster to come to Portman road and have 70% possession? We’re a bigger club with a larger wage bill and better squad. Our expectations have slipped so much we seem to be happy to come out unscathed after a narrow 2-1 against a side above us who really shouldn’t be. Doncaster have never been higher than mid-table Chsmpionship in their history.

I’m happy with the win but if we’ve slipped to the level where we’re relieved to finally get a result against Donnie then standards and expectations are in a dire state.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 22:01]

Why do I feel anger? on 21:58 - Feb 27 with 3021 viewsKeaneish

Why do I feel anger? on 19:48 - Feb 27 by rattram

Why not accept that we defended very well. Their goal was even created by Flynn Downes.

I do accept we defended well but that’s exactly the point, we’re at home, we should never be in the situation where we’re dominated that much we have to rely on our defence like we did. It’s quickly becoming a hall mark of PLs management. The

Why do I feel anger? on 23:52 - Feb 27 with 2865 viewsGarv

Why do I feel anger? on 21:55 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

What’s ridiculous? Accepting that it’s OK for Doncaster to come to Portman road and have 70% possession? We’re a bigger club with a larger wage bill and better squad. Our expectations have slipped so much we seem to be happy to come out unscathed after a narrow 2-1 against a side above us who really shouldn’t be. Doncaster have never been higher than mid-table Chsmpionship in their history.

I’m happy with the win but if we’ve slipped to the level where we’re relieved to finally get a result against Donnie then standards and expectations are in a dire state.

We've won the FA and Uefa cups in our history. What does that tell us? That history doesn't mean a lot. Bournemouth hadn't done a lot during their history until they starting climbing the leagues and playing quality football.

Right now Donny are above us. Whether you're relieved or simply happy we're gaining ground on a promotion rival, whatever. Whether we're a bigger club than them, whatever that means, is irrelevant. We're bigger than some Championship clubs, doesn't mean we should be beating them.

I also don't think our wage bill is a particularly good barometer when it's been spent on the players it has, when we were a championship club.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Why do I feel anger? on 08:07 - Feb 28 with 2607 viewsclive_baker

‘it should be them celebrating coming to PR and keeping the score down’.

1978 wants its logic back.

Why would Doncaster celebrate keeping the score down against Holy, Wilson, Toto, Kenlock, Drinan et al? We should be decent at this level, top 4 minimum I would say and really in or around the top 2, but we’re not peak Brazil. Let’s get real.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why do I feel anger? on 08:15 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsKeaneish

Why do I feel anger? on 08:07 - Feb 28 by clive_baker

‘it should be them celebrating coming to PR and keeping the score down’.

1978 wants its logic back.

Why would Doncaster celebrate keeping the score down against Holy, Wilson, Toto, Kenlock, Drinan et al? We should be decent at this level, top 4 minimum I would say and really in or around the top 2, but we’re not peak Brazil. Let’s get real.

That’s the point, we’re not performing anywhere close to our potential with the squad we have.

Why do I feel anger? on 08:19 - Feb 28 with 2551 viewsBlueySwede

Why do I feel anger? on 21:55 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Ffs. We have had loads of posession this season, I think even Lambert has figured out it is what you do with the ball that is important. Why do some fans think there must be a conspiracy behind everything like players not trying before? Maybe we have found the right team and formation?
Why do I feel anger? on 08:27 - Feb 28 with 2507 viewsChrisd

The thing I find bizarre, days (hopefully) before the winds of change sweep through our club PL has completely abandoned the style of play he so stubbornly defended for so long and now we’re getting results. Why has it taken until he’s going down the exit route for this to happen? A few weeks ago, I was completely exasperated about our situation, a bottom half finish looked a real possibility, but the rumours of the takeover and PL’s imminent exit have really helped to lift that dark cloud and taken my frustrations away. 1 defeat in 7 and two big wins this week also helps. 😉

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why do I feel anger? on 08:30 - Feb 28 with 2497 viewsKeaneish

Why do I feel anger? on 08:19 - Feb 28 by BlueySwede

Ffs. We have had loads of posession this season, I think even Lambert has figured out it is what you do with the ball that is important. Why do some fans think there must be a conspiracy behind everything like players not trying before? Maybe we have found the right team and formation?

Again, the point is being missed. We’ve been out played for large periods at home. Defensively it’s more solid but only because we have two stoppers as defenders. We’ve got two ball playing centre backs not even on the bench at the moment. If you’re happy with scratching out a narrow win at home to Donnie in this manner then fair enough. I see large failings at a coaching level under PLs management and it’s left us feeling grateful for scratching out a win at home against a side above us because we so infrequently get wins like this.

The bigger picture is that it needs major improvement and I welcome a new change of ideas from Cook with open arms.

Why do I feel anger? on 08:36 - Feb 28 with 2473 viewstractorboy1978

Why do I feel anger? on 08:30 - Feb 28 by Keaneish

Again, the point is being missed. We’ve been out played for large periods at home. Defensively it’s more solid but only because we have two stoppers as defenders. We’ve got two ball playing centre backs not even on the bench at the moment. If you’re happy with scratching out a narrow win at home to Donnie in this manner then fair enough. I see large failings at a coaching level under PLs management and it’s left us feeling grateful for scratching out a win at home against a side above us because we so infrequently get wins like this.

The bigger picture is that it needs major improvement and I welcome a new change of ideas from Cook with open arms.

I think we just need wins now - and particularly whilst we are in this 'interim' phase before the new manager comes in. But even Cook (assuming it is him and he comes in asap) is going to have to be fairly pragmatic through to the end of this season with how thick and fast games are coming and limited time on the training pitch.
Why do I feel anger? on 08:46 - Feb 28 with 2441 viewsHerbivore

Why do I feel anger? on 08:27 - Feb 28 by Chrisd

The thing I find bizarre, days (hopefully) before the winds of change sweep through our club PL has completely abandoned the style of play he so stubbornly defended for so long and now we’re getting results. Why has it taken until he’s going down the exit route for this to happen? A few weeks ago, I was completely exasperated about our situation, a bottom half finish looked a real possibility, but the rumours of the takeover and PL’s imminent exit have really helped to lift that dark cloud and taken my frustrations away. 1 defeat in 7 and two big wins this week also helps. 😉

Which makes you wonder whether others might be having more input into how we're setting up?

What we're doing now is basically what we did at the start of last season. 4-4-2, keep it fairly tight, nick a goal or two. It means our extra quality will tell most times because we're not gifting the opposition chances and we have enough about us to create a few chances a game and take one of them. It's not hugely exciting, it's like Mick but with less tactical nous behind it, but it is effective and until Lambert goes and we get a proper manager is the priority is getting points however we can get them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why do I feel anger? on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 2440 viewsKeaneish

Why do I feel anger? on 08:36 - Feb 28 by tractorboy1978

I think we just need wins now - and particularly whilst we are in this 'interim' phase before the new manager comes in. But even Cook (assuming it is him and he comes in asap) is going to have to be fairly pragmatic through to the end of this season with how thick and fast games are coming and limited time on the training pitch.

Completely agree and given we’ve become pragmatic to stop the flow of defeats and played a settled side, I wonder what influence someone else is having as both of these things are very in Lambert like.

I’m all for it if it’s a foundation to stop the rot but that’s it. We have to have greater ambition and show more intent, especially at home. We’ve begun looking at average sides in this league with fear.

One last point about PL, what did he do to sort out the midfield issue yesterday? Nothing. Fair enough we won but tactically we were at sea across that midfield four and never had any passages of play in 90 minutes. Again, I can’t ever remember that being the case at PR even in the relegation season we’d typically have little spells. Still, we’re back in contention for the play-offs and someone has a better foundation to work with than two-weeks ago.

Why do I feel anger? on 09:04 - Feb 28 with 2407 viewsBLUEBEAT

The Doncaster possession element shouldn’t be that much of an issue.

We have obtained high possession percentages in many games this season and lost.

It’s all about what you do with the ball when you’ve got it.

I am very happy after yesterday’s match.

February has seen us average 2 points per game.

I will take that.

Poll: W or W

Why do I feel anger? on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2356 viewsBlueySwede

Why do I feel anger? on 08:30 - Feb 28 by Keaneish

Don´t think we were outplayed, ok, maybe possession wise, but all other stats are decent.
We have dominated many games this season (with little end product), but the bottom line is we need to get wins. And to think we should outplay the opposition in every game, even in this division, is a very big ask and one I think even Paul Cook will struggle with.
Why do I feel anger? on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2355 viewseasynote

You’re easily confused
Why do I feel anger? on 09:51 - Feb 28 with 2315 viewsMonkeyAlan

Why do I feel anger? on 20:08 - Feb 27 by habs

My thoughts exactly.

Obviously happy with the 6 points this week but it seems massively coincidental that it has come at the same time of the takeover. Why have the players only now started playing? Presumably to save their jobs but that’s completely farcical.

Just what lve been thinking. Suddenly worried they might get booted out. I've said before some of them have had it too comfy over the last few years. Now they might just be in for a shock. About time to if that's the case.
Why do I feel anger? on 09:58 - Feb 28 with 2294 viewsitfcjoe

Why do I feel anger? on 09:51 - Feb 28 by MonkeyAlan

Just what lve been thinking. Suddenly worried they might get booted out. I've said before some of them have had it too comfy over the last few years. Now they might just be in for a shock. About time to if that's the case.

The players have started playing because we've gone to a style that suits them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why do I feel anger? on 10:10 - Feb 28 with 2267 viewsRomeo4

Not sure I’d call it anger but I am very annoyed that we’ve potentially wasted such a great opportunity to get out of this league this season. It’s a poor division.

As the last 3 games have shown, it doesn’t take much to find a more effective way to play. Any semblance of consistency and we could (and should) be right in the mix for automatic promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024