Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Squad is too good for league one 18:56 - Mar 6 with 1659 viewsBelsteadCav

I think that’s well and truly blown out of the water

Could easily get rid of most of them for next season

Who would you keep?

I think I’d keep

Norwood
Jackson
Wilson
Judge
Bishop
Downes

That’s it.... rest can go and play else where in division 3 and 4

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 1621 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

Add Dobra, El Miz, Lankester, Dozzell, woolf, Nydam, KVY, Edwards to that at the very least.

There is so much over reaction on here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:02 - Mar 6 with 1611 viewsjayessess

I don't think they're "too good for League One", but I'm not sure getting mugged by a physical side in a transitional sort of game is enough to define them all permanently as career failures.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:08 - Mar 6 with 1542 viewsMrTown

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:00 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

Add Dobra, El Miz, Lankester, Dozzell, woolf, Nydam, KVY, Edwards to that at the very least.

Edwards can’t control a football which isn’t ideal, often plays in moments. They’ve been few and far between since his return, happy for him to leave.

Dobra, El Miz, Lankester done nothing in senior football yet. Woolf been garbage this year. Dozzell I like.

Nydam and KVY need to get playing.

Squad isn’t that good, no better than any other top 10 side, and hasn’t been coached in 2 years, oversized.

Needs a clear out

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:09 - Mar 6 with 1542 viewsBelsteadCav

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:00 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

I forgot about KVY . Woolf and Lancaster

But I’m right about the rest

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:10 - Mar 6 with 1522 viewsBelsteadCav

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:02 - Mar 6 by jayessess

I don't think they're "too good for League One", but I'm not sure getting mugged by a physical side in a transitional sort of game is enough to define them all permanently as career failures.

Really?

You’ve forgotten about last season already

Serious failures

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 1493 viewsallezlesbleus

Squad is way too big.

Trim the numbers down, so the manager knows his best starting 11. Have a few "more experienced" players as squad members, plus a few promising youngsters. 25 max. Keeps players keen and hungry.

We have around 50. Absolute joke. Clear out 25......invest their wages on a couple of better players. Job done.
This Squad is too good for league one on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 1472 viewsjayessess

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:10 - Mar 6 by BelsteadCav

Really?

You’ve forgotten about last season already

Serious failures

Happy to see how they get on with a competent first team manager.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 1406 viewsjas0999

Not sure I’d keep judge or Wilson. The latter has been okay, but very average. One good block today but part of a very poor defence. Judge - more bad games than good.
Login to get fewer ads

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:31 - Mar 6 with 1381 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:31 - Mar 6 with 1369 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:09 - Mar 6 by BelsteadCav

I forgot about KVY . Woolf and Lancaster

But I’m right about the rest

Considering you forgot about those 3, I'll take your view with a pinch of salt.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 1258 viewsBelsteadCav

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:31 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Considering you forgot about those 3, I'll take your view with a pinch of salt.

Of course

You should take everyone’s view like that. I don’t work for Ipswich and neither do you

This Squad is too good for league one on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 1191 viewsTheBoyBlue

When they've been at their best they've been too good for teams. Even when we haven't been at our bet, we've still been too good for many teams. Problem is, we haven't done it anywhere near enough and today we were so far off it again. Paul Cook needs to get to the bottom of why and rectify it ASAP if we're going to go up this season.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

This Squad is too good for league one on 08:23 - Mar 7 with 882 viewsPositivelyPortman

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:50 - Mar 6 by BelsteadCav

Of course

You should take everyone’s view like that. I don’t work for Ipswich and neither do you

He thinks he does, don’t tell him otherwise.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

This Squad is too good for league one on 08:34 - Mar 7 with 841 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you think Downes will still be here if we don’t get promoted?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This Squad is too good for league one on 09:00 - Mar 7 with 785 viewsChurchman

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:31 - Mar 6 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I think it’s a mistake to focus on the three games won. You have to look particularly at this season and last as a whole and we are a deservedly mid table League One team. Some of the players have the ability to overcome the poorer teams but by and large any team that is physical and organised will trample all over our faint hearts. Lincoln will be relishing Tuesday. We don’t win games, we pinch them. Blackpool away apart this season and Bolton when has an opposing team been out of the game against us in the last couple of years?

They are used to losing and are ok with it because that’s the culture of the club. Too many players have picked up a good living shining their rear ends or going through the motions or are simply not good enough. I can’t agree there are enough players to get out of this league. There are a few that would be effective if the team had a spine, but it doesn’t.

Not in this order, immediate priorities are finding players to build a spine, changing the culture of pliant mediocrity, shipping out the deadwood, hasbeens and loanees ASAP. If they can’t find another club to take on contracted dross, put them on ‘reserve’ a bit like NFL teams do and get them training separately. Lots has to change and Cook’s task is monumental, particularly with Dementor Evans owning the club.
This Squad is too good for league one on 09:06 - Mar 7 with 763 viewsTractorWood

This Squad is too good for league one on 19:02 - Mar 6 by jayessess

Agree or equally that Judge has done enough after 3 decent games in 3 years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024