Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shameful from the Georgia Republicans 22:42 - Mar 8 with 841 viewsStokieBlue

They have voted to repeal no-excuse absentee voting (a law which they originally created and defended) because Democrats and Black voters started using it in large numbers.

Simply awful, undemocratic and designed to try and limit Democrat and minority voting, something which will hopefully backfire horribly for them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 07:40 - Mar 9 with 643 viewsGuthrum

The only hope Republicans have of winning is to limit the vote to their own supporters as much as possible. So, naturally, they're going to try doing that.

After all, if they came up with broadly popular policies, like political parties used to do, they wouldn't be what "Republican" has now come to mean any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 08:49 - Mar 9 with 571 viewsChurchman

That’s dreadful. It certainly seems a case of literally tailoring voting laws to suit themselves.

What surprises me is that it seems that voting laws/procedures are not uniform across the US, which seems odd to me. The difference between state and federal law?
Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 09:13 - Mar 9 with 536 viewsDanTheMan

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 08:49 - Mar 9 by Churchman

That’s dreadful. It certainly seems a case of literally tailoring voting laws to suit themselves.

What surprises me is that it seems that voting laws/procedures are not uniform across the US, which seems odd to me. The difference between state and federal law?

"The difference between state and federal law?"

Precisely.

From what I've read as well, the Republicans love a bit of gerrymandering as well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 10:20 - Mar 9 with 497 viewstractordownsouth

It’s a shameful (but simple) strategy. The Republicans make it harder for people to vote and create disenfranchisement, and then get a demagogue to come along and take advantage of the disenfranchisement.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 10:22 - Mar 9 with 494 viewsElderGrizzly

Shameful from the Georgia Republicans on 07:40 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

The only hope Republicans have of winning is to limit the vote to their own supporters as much as possible. So, naturally, they're going to try doing that.

After all, if they came up with broadly popular policies, like political parties used to do, they wouldn't be what "Republican" has now come to mean any more.

In more positive news, Trump is undermining the GOP by asking all donations to be sent directly to him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024