Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Terror. 14:44 - Mar 12 with 1522 viewsMattinLondon

Seen some trailers for this on iPlayer. Is it worth watching?
Thanks.
The Terror. on 14:49 - Mar 12 with 1502 viewscooperd5

I watched it on AMC last year, it's not bad, starts really well but Peters out a bit. And is probably 3 hours/episodes too long.
The Terror. on 15:09 - Mar 12 with 1448 viewsElephantintheRoom

No - not really. Sat through three episodes while the family watched it, each progressively worse than the previous. Then they gave up watcching. - as did I.

On the other hand I've been discovering series I never bothered to watch at the time, having haad better things to do. At present I am sitting through the non-stop action of 24 - and thinking of applying for a job at CTU

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The Terror. on 15:22 - Mar 12 with 1436 viewsBlueNomad

It draws you in, but is bonkers! We watched all ten episodes in a week. Had some weird dreams on those nights!
The Terror. on 15:24 - Mar 12 with 1422 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep.

Very entertaining, and agree whoever said it's probably a little longer than it needs to be.
The Terror. on 15:25 - Mar 12 with 1415 viewsBlueNomad

The Terror. on 15:09 - Mar 12 by ElephantintheRoom

No - not really. Sat through three episodes while the family watched it, each progressively worse than the previous. Then they gave up watcching. - as did I.

On the other hand I've been discovering series I never bothered to watch at the time, having haad better things to do. At present I am sitting through the non-stop action of 24 - and thinking of applying for a job at CTU

Where can you access 24? I never saw it at the time.
The Terror. on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 1418 viewsCoastalblue

Been watching it the last week or so, it's a bit of a mixed bag in many ways. Cast are great, you can really tell the Ridley Scott influence as the atmosphere is there and early on it has a terrific feel to it. I have one or two episodes left and would agree with others that it slips a bit as it goes on, particularly if you're familiar with the background and know there's an inevitable outcome.

It's worth a try though, while I wouldn't say it's an 'awesome must watch' it is enjoyable.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The Terror. on 15:31 - Mar 12 with 1396 viewsfergalsharkey

it aint wish you were here, but some nice snow scenes.

Poll: Cook out?

The Terror. on 15:44 - Mar 12 with 1366 viewswkj

Watch "The Missing" instead if you never had.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

The Terror. on 16:05 - Mar 12 with 1334 viewsCaptainAhab

I thought it was great, but if you're so inclined try and read the book first, that was fantastic, really captured the bleakness of the expedition
The Terror. on 16:15 - Mar 12 with 1313 viewsChiefXL

The Terror. on 16:05 - Mar 12 by CaptainAhab

I thought it was great, but if you're so inclined try and read the book first, that was fantastic, really captured the bleakness of the expedition

Equally on the same subject matter, Michael Palin's Erebus is superb.
The Terror. on 08:16 - Mar 13 with 1069 viewsbadadski

The Terror. on 15:25 - Mar 12 by BlueNomad

24 and x files are on Disney plus now. 24 is amazing for binging.
The Terror. on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 1025 viewsWeWereZombies

I've been wondering the same. Looking for something to replace 'Man From Room 301' (viewed on the iPlayer from late February and is around for a year), which managed to throw an awful lot into its six short episodes.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 9:58]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Terror. on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 998 viewsBlueNomad

The Terror. on 08:16 - Mar 13 by badadski

24 and x files are on Disney plus now. 24 is amazing for binging.

Thanks!
The Terror. on 11:25 - Mar 13 with 964 viewsRomeo4

Perhaps won’t make my top 5 box sets ever but I enjoyed The Terror. Based on real events but with a fair amount of license taken to build in a supernatural element along with some conjecture as to what took place.

The story behind the expedition is a real life mystery. As covered by the books mentioned above.

It was well acted and visually really good. Plenty of twists along the way. Definitely worth a watch in my opinion. Season 2 is best avoided by all accounts.
The Terror. on 11:50 - Mar 13 with 938 viewsIpswichKnight

I quite enjoyed it. I agree it was probably 2/3 episodes too long. I liked that we have no real way of finding out what really happened and I know one of the theories about what happened played out in this series.
The Terror. on 14:44 - Mar 13 with 867 viewsElephantintheRoom

The Terror. on 15:25 - Mar 12 by BlueNomad

24 is on Netflix at the moment.... I'm waiting for them to take it down before I have finished watching it.... just like they did with Schitt's Creek

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024