Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those lucky enough to still have mums, what did you get them for Mother's Day? 22:17 - Mar 14 with 2197 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The reason I ask is mine's birthday's on Wednesday, and it's a nightmare thinking of ONE present, let alone two in a couple of days (I have this issue every year and it never gets easier).

I sent flowers for today (slightly different than your bog standard as they had bulbs with them so she can grow her own as well, thus making it longer lasting than flowers normally are. She thought they were lovely, and it was a great idea about the longevity).

But now what? It needs to be something not plant-based! Help me TWTD!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 12:50]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 1375 viewsjeera

You've peaked, it's all downhill from here.

I sent mum some flowers and a card. Not a great deal else I can from here but I know she wanted some flowers being a bit of a traditionalist .

Does she live alone? Does she have a favourite food?

Is there a local restaurant or something that is delivering through this lockdown? I say that because there's one or two places here that are offering a decent service.

Maybe send her/them round a nice meal with a bottle of wine?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:53 - Mar 14 with 1342 viewsTangledupin_Blue

What does she like doing?

DIY? - Get her an electric sander. (If she already has one then get her a jigsaw)
Making things? - How about a potter's wheel? Or candle making stuff?
Is she adventurous? - How about booking her on a balloon flight? (something to look forward to if she has been on lockdown)
Does she have DAB radio in every room, yet?
How about one of those microscope jobbies that plug into PC?
Has she learnt to play guitar yet? Would she like to?
Telescope? Scrabble? Mah-jong set? Scented oil diffuser? Footstool? Stereo speakers for laptop? Jigsaw puzzle?
Michael Booblay cd? (I haven't heard his music but, apparently, all women of a certain age love him)

The world is her scampi...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:55 - Mar 14 with 1333 viewsJ2BLUE

She'd probably just like a nice simple meal.

Send her £90.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:59 - Mar 14 with 1313 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing. She’s dead.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:59 - Mar 14 with 1324 viewsgainsboroughblue

I get this with my mum in December. Trying to find something original for Christmas, only to have to do it again for her birthday four days later is a continual pain. Especially when she doesn't particularly do anything or have much in the way of interests!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:03 - Mar 14 with 1315 viewsjeera

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:59 - Mar 14 by gainsboroughblue

I get this with my mum in December. Trying to find something original for Christmas, only to have to do it again for her birthday four days later is a continual pain. Especially when she doesn't particularly do anything or have much in the way of interests!

Ha.

My mum's birthdays is on the 28th Dec.

Like you say, it's not an easy one.

Although this year gone I spent extra money on one item and said that's for the 2 occasions together!

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:07 - Mar 14 with 1293 viewsgainsboroughblue

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:03 - Mar 14 by jeera

Ha.

My mum's birthdays is on the 28th Dec.

Like you say, it's not an easy one.

Although this year gone I spent extra money on one item and said that's for the 2 occasions together!

Oooh. I'm not sure I'd get away with that one.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:13 - Mar 14 with 1275 viewsjeera

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:07 - Mar 14 by gainsboroughblue

Oooh. I'm not sure I'd get away with that one.

Don't you remember as a kid when you got an extra special present it was 'for both'?

Just remind them of that!

Login to get fewer ads

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:14 - Mar 14 with 1269 viewsJ2BLUE

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:13 - Mar 14 by jeera

Don't you remember as a kid when you got an extra special present it was 'for both'?

Just remind them of that!

My birthday is in August so I never got that thankfully.

Bloody hate birthdays. I think we should be able to swap it for a second Christmas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:15 - Mar 14 with 1266 viewshoppy

Has she got a nice smart suit outfit?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:18 - Mar 14 with 1259 viewseireblue

Not plant based...hmmmm.....a small pony....not an edible one......I don’t know.....why are you asking a vegan....crikey.....there was only just over a week between my Mothers birthday and Mother’s Day,.....this is a level of pressure I really wasn’t expecting for another year, .....Lego?
Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:19 - Mar 14 with 1249 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:18 - Mar 14 by eireblue

Not plant based...hmmmm.....a small pony....not an edible one......I don’t know.....why are you asking a vegan....crikey.....there was only just over a week between my Mothers birthday and Mother’s Day,.....this is a level of pressure I really wasn’t expecting for another year, .....Lego?

"Not an edible one." Lolled

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:21 - Mar 14 with 1251 viewsfactual_blue

My mother died over thirty years ago. I only cope because thoughtful companies give me the opportunity to opt out of Mothers' Day marketing e-mails.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:51 - Mar 14 with 1182 viewsDebsyAngel

A card (which made her cry!), Billy Ocean best of CD, and some face powder she loves, and some money in her card. Mine is notoriously difficult to buy for! Are there any CDs or DVDs she would like??
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 23:52]
Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 23:57 - Mar 14 with 1165 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Penge-Papers-Brian-Wright/dp/0285627074

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 07:13 - Mar 15 with 1056 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:22 - Mar 14 by jeera

You've peaked, it's all downhill from here.

I sent mum some flowers and a card. Not a great deal else I can from here but I know she wanted some flowers being a bit of a traditionalist .

Does she live alone? Does she have a favourite food?

Is there a local restaurant or something that is delivering through this lockdown? I say that because there's one or two places here that are offering a decent service.

Maybe send her/them round a nice meal with a bottle of wine?

No she lives with my dad, they never get takeaways and she doesn't really have a particular favourite food. She suffers with IBS so tends to eat fairly safe/non-adventurous food, so not sure that's quite right for them.

In terms of booze she loves brandy but I've got that so many times before.

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 07:18 - Mar 15 with 1051 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 22:53 - Mar 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

What does she like doing?

DIY? - Get her an electric sander. (If she already has one then get her a jigsaw)
Making things? - How about a potter's wheel? Or candle making stuff?
Is she adventurous? - How about booking her on a balloon flight? (something to look forward to if she has been on lockdown)
Does she have DAB radio in every room, yet?
How about one of those microscope jobbies that plug into PC?
Has she learnt to play guitar yet? Would she like to?
Telescope? Scrabble? Mah-jong set? Scented oil diffuser? Footstool? Stereo speakers for laptop? Jigsaw puzzle?
Michael Booblay cd? (I haven't heard his music but, apparently, all women of a certain age love him)

The world is her scampi...

Some decent suggestions in there. She loves diffusers but I've got her a few over the years. The missus and I got them both a jigsaw puzzle of our own faces to do during lockdown, and that was fun apparently. The other one that's interesting is the DAB radio.

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 07:32 - Mar 15 with 1036 viewsnoggin

I reckon you're over thinking things. Most mothers I know would be delighted with a phone call and to hear that you are doing ok.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 07:58 - Mar 15 with 1017 viewsGuthrum

Don't do presents on Mothering Sunday (we still call it that in the family). And for birthday presents, usually tokens, so she can get something she wants/needs (used to do Homebase, but now she's given up driving and can't get out so easily, Amazon).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:01 - Mar 15 with 1008 viewsKropotkin123

This isn't a poll. It is a thread.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:03 - Mar 15 with 1008 viewsGeminiblue

How about getting afternoon tea delivered to her on her birthday? Tends to be several places offering this now.
Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:07 - Mar 15 with 1005 viewsDanTheMan

Flowers / Chocolates and a card for mothers day.

For birthdays, usually something Labrador related.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:13 - Mar 15 with 999 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 07:58 - Mar 15 by Guthrum

Don't do presents on Mothering Sunday (we still call it that in the family). And for birthday presents, usually tokens, so she can get something she wants/needs (used to do Homebase, but now she's given up driving and can't get out so easily, Amazon).

Tokens is a good shout. She's itching to get to the shops again when they properly open.

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:14 - Mar 15 with 993 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:03 - Mar 15 by Geminiblue

How about getting afternoon tea delivered to her on her birthday? Tends to be several places offering this now.

That sounds good, not heard of it being delivered.

EDIT: I found these guys;

https://www.delimann.co.uk/product-category/afternoon-and-cream-tea-hampers/

Looks like this could be the winner. Excellent shout! She loves stuff like this, particularly from Devon (and especially as no-one can travel at the moment, this is bringing Devon to her!)
[Post edited 15 Mar 2021 8:29]

Quick poll - what did you all get your mums for Mother's Day? on 08:16 - Mar 15 with 985 viewsdickie

My Mum kicked the bucket when I was 23 so until recently I hadn't given Mother's Day much thought except for mild annoyance at all the targeted ads on Facebook but since having kids I just get them to make cards, choose flowers in the florists (luckily this year they only chose a £17.50 bunch!), and this year we ordered afternoon tea from Cult Cafe on the Waterfront (at my wife's suggestion as she was working in CCU yesterday). We're not really huge on gifts for card company occasions anyway, we tend to buy "doing" things for each other - meals out, B&B stay, courses - astronomy, pottery, curry class etc. That way we don't end up with a load of unwanted tat in the house!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024