Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game 12:00 - Mar 24 with 994 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/39977/dozzell-i-should-be-looking-to-add

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 12:19 - Mar 24 with 954 viewstextbackup

a shot would be nice, from anyone, from distance, maybe

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 13:32 - Mar 24 with 900 viewsArnieM

I’d ask Dozzell to concentrate on just being “visible” for the whole 90 mins of each game first and foremost. Ever since he’s been in the team, he flatters to deceive and is largely anonymous. Doing the occasional eye catching pass as he looks the opposite way isn’t enough frankly.

I mean, just what is his role in the team anyway? What does he REALLY bring to the team, week in week out?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 14:04 - Mar 24 with 887 viewsjayessess

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 13:32 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

I’d ask Dozzell to concentrate on just being “visible” for the whole 90 mins of each game first and foremost. Ever since he’s been in the team, he flatters to deceive and is largely anonymous. Doing the occasional eye catching pass as he looks the opposite way isn’t enough frankly.

I mean, just what is his role in the team anyway? What does he REALLY bring to the team, week in week out?

Makes chances more regularly than any other ITFC midfielder, even playing deep (24th in the league and most of those above him are forwards/wingers/number 10s).
Makes interceptions more regularly than any other ITFC midfielder (6th in the league).
Of our centre mids, only Downes makes more tackles.

At 21, he's still learning but he's already our best midfielder. He's only 7 months older than McGavin, who you were declaring "the future" the other day, despite Brett contributing a fraction of what Dozz has.

Sometimes we don't deserve good young players, we really don't.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 14:18 - Mar 24 with 883 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Stop making stupid fouls and giving away free kicks first and foremost.
Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 14:33 - Mar 24 with 872 viewsPositivelyPortman

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 13:32 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

......not a lot!

These interviews amuse me. The players sit there and pontificate about their abilities and what they can do and hope to do, as if they’re at the top of the league awaiting their promotion to the Premiership.
It’s the same old tosh regurgitated week in week out. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:09 - Mar 24 with 854 viewsArnieM

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 14:04 - Mar 24 by jayessess

Makes chances more regularly than any other ITFC midfielder, even playing deep (24th in the league and most of those above him are forwards/wingers/number 10s).
Makes interceptions more regularly than any other ITFC midfielder (6th in the league).
Of our centre mids, only Downes makes more tackles.

At 21, he's still learning but he's already our best midfielder. He's only 7 months older than McGavin, who you were declaring "the future" the other day, despite Brett contributing a fraction of what Dozz has.

Sometimes we don't deserve good young players, we really don't.

You have to wonder how McGavin would have faired if he’d been given the same first team exposure as Dozzell?

Guess having a famous dad goes a long way in the game eh !

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:10 - Mar 24 with 853 viewsArnieM

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 14:33 - Mar 24 by PositivelyPortman

......not a lot!

These interviews amuse me. The players sit there and pontificate about their abilities and what they can do and hope to do, as if they’re at the top of the league awaiting their promotion to the Premiership.
It’s the same old tosh regurgitated week in week out. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Exactly.... and it’s DIVISION THREE , we’re talking about !!

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:23 - Mar 24 with 842 viewsjayessess

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:09 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

You have to wonder how McGavin would have faired if he’d been given the same first team exposure as Dozzell?

Guess having a famous dad goes a long way in the game eh !

You have to wonder whether people like yourself would even make a comparison between our best midfielder and a lad who can't get a game for Ayr if it weren't for a tedious obsession with who his dad is.

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:42 - Mar 24 with 831 viewsArnieM

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:23 - Mar 24 by jayessess

You have to wonder whether people like yourself would even make a comparison between our best midfielder and a lad who can't get a game for Ayr if it weren't for a tedious obsession with who his dad is.

Do you think Dozzell does enough 8n the games then ?

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:57 - Mar 24 with 820 viewsArnieM

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:42 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

Ps. Don’t get me wrong . I do happen think he has great potential, but we rarely see what he can do for 90mins in a game . You get the odd glimpse but for me ( and many others I’ve spoken to about his game ), he spends most of his time getting done for petty fouls , shirt pulling, badly toned tackles ( often giving away needless free kicks in dangerous positions defensively for us). He has more bookings than the more harder midfielders . Yes the occasional defence splitting pass , but generally he comes across as very lightweight . Does this not make him a sheer luxury in this team that we can I’ll afford right now ?

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:59 - Mar 24 with 818 viewsjayessess

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:42 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

I think he's currently doing more than any other midfielder at the club, contributing well in general (given the circumstances) and showing good progress for a 21-year-old in his first season as a regular starter.

I'd also expect a player in his position to only really hit their peak as they gain experience and learn to read the game a bit better, so a bit of patience with his flaws is important.

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 16:07 - Mar 24 with 797 viewsjayessess

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 15:57 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

Ps. Don’t get me wrong . I do happen think he has great potential, but we rarely see what he can do for 90mins in a game . You get the odd glimpse but for me ( and many others I’ve spoken to about his game ), he spends most of his time getting done for petty fouls , shirt pulling, badly toned tackles ( often giving away needless free kicks in dangerous positions defensively for us). He has more bookings than the more harder midfielders . Yes the occasional defence splitting pass , but generally he comes across as very lightweight . Does this not make him a sheer luxury in this team that we can I’ll afford right now ?

Luxury compared to who?

Our other fit centre midfielders right now are Teddy Bishop, whose defensive contributions are minuscule in comparison to Dozzell's and Cole Skuse, who could barely trap a ball in his one start. The luxury would be deciding we can do without Dozzell, the only midfielder who's consistently getting involved and contributing at both ends of the pitch, simply because he has a few flaws to iron out.

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 07:35 - Mar 25 with 690 viewsArnieM

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 16:07 - Mar 24 by jayessess

Luxury compared to who?

Our other fit centre midfielders right now are Teddy Bishop, whose defensive contributions are minuscule in comparison to Dozzell's and Cole Skuse, who could barely trap a ball in his one start. The luxury would be deciding we can do without Dozzell, the only midfielder who's consistently getting involved and contributing at both ends of the pitch, simply because he has a few flaws to iron out.

You speak about him like he’s a very young player . He’s 21. And has been in it around the first team for several years now. 21 is not “ young “ in today’s game is it .

His flaws are not few and far between . They are regular and the same flaws , indicating he doesn’t learn . For a player playing a position that is supposed to instrumental in making things happen in a game , I’d say he’s often awol. As I stated right at the start of this thread , he has undoubted skills and can influence, but we don’t see enough of it . He’s a “ relative luxury “ in division 3, where the game is not about silky passes ( sadly). It’s about winning the battles individually and collectively in a game . Dozzell doesn’t . Downes does . I know they’re different types of MF, n us more effective at this level the other isn’t - hence my term luxury!

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 10:34 - Mar 25 with 641 viewsjayessess

Dozzell: I Should Be Looking to Add More Goals to My Game on 07:35 - Mar 25 by ArnieM

You speak about him like he’s a very young player . He’s 21. And has been in it around the first team for several years now. 21 is not “ young “ in today’s game is it .

His flaws are not few and far between . They are regular and the same flaws , indicating he doesn’t learn . For a player playing a position that is supposed to instrumental in making things happen in a game , I’d say he’s often awol. As I stated right at the start of this thread , he has undoubted skills and can influence, but we don’t see enough of it . He’s a “ relative luxury “ in division 3, where the game is not about silky passes ( sadly). It’s about winning the battles individually and collectively in a game . Dozzell doesn’t . Downes does . I know they’re different types of MF, n us more effective at this level the other isn’t - hence my term luxury!

21 is young, especially for a centre midfielder given such an instrumental position. Who else in the division is getting that sort of responsibility at his age and doing better? If we aren't prepared to persist with players like Dozzell because they're still learning at 21 we seriously might as well shutter the academy.

He influences the game more than any other midfielder at the club, which will do for me at this stage. You've mentioned one other midfielder he's supposedly a "luxury" compared to, but Downes is injured, contributed less than Dozzell this season when he did play and can happily play alongside him anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024