Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I already love o'leary 20:13 - Apr 7 with 2411 viewschrismakin

And it's only been a 15 minute interview no actual soundbites more genuine recognition of the club. Realism of football and realism of the pitfalls of running a club and what can go wrong.

Feels nice to know what have someone who has that knowledge first hand.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I already love o'leary on 21:07 - Apr 7 with 2028 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I already love o'leary on 21:10 - Apr 7 with 1993 viewsTrequartista

I would think he will only be a figurehead once the CEO is in place.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I already love o'leary on 21:10 - Apr 7 with 1991 viewsbilllm

I have to agree on that, a gentleman,
I already love o'leary on 21:14 - Apr 7 with 1942 viewsBluesky

He sounds like a cross between Murray Walker and Alan Whicker. Seems a nice man let’s hope he has knowledge like Murray without the bloopers. The club feels to be in empathetic and competent hands now.
I already love o'leary on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 1889 viewsParky

Apologies if I am being stupid here, but what is Mike O’Leary’s actual involvement and job?

From his interview he mentions how Gamechanger is made up of 90% from the pension fund, 5% Three Lions (Brett & Co) the other 5% Marcus Evans. Therefore O’Leary isn’t actually invested from my understanding.

O’Leary then goes on to say that they will be appointing a CEO to do all of the day-to-day running of the club. I’ve been impressed with his interview(s) but what is he actually doing?
I already love o'leary on 21:24 - Apr 7 with 1840 viewschicoazul

I already love o'leary on 21:20 - Apr 7 by Parky

Apologies if I am being stupid here, but what is Mike O’Leary’s actual involvement and job?

From his interview he mentions how Gamechanger is made up of 90% from the pension fund, 5% Three Lions (Brett & Co) the other 5% Marcus Evans. Therefore O’Leary isn’t actually invested from my understanding.

O’Leary then goes on to say that they will be appointing a CEO to do all of the day-to-day running of the club. I’ve been impressed with his interview(s) but what is he actually doing?

He’s the Chairman, the bridge between the Yanks and the club. The CEO will run the club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I already love o'leary on 21:25 - Apr 7 with 1841 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hasn't he been appointed Chairman?

Isn't this all indicative of the vacuum there has been at the top with ME in charge in absentia while LON attempted to fulfil multiple roles and wait for ME to sign off anything he did agree?

I thought O'Leary sounded like some wise member of the MCC talking about running England cricket. Sounded very professional and clear.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I already love o'leary on 21:25 - Apr 7 with 1831 viewschrismakin

Basically. He is chairman. He will answer to gamechanger so will run the club for them. In turn. He will employ a CEO like we had in Bowden to actually manage the club as it should be but someone with football experience. Not a PE teacher.

We will basically have people on charge of each important area of the club

First team.. cook
Recruitment... ceo/recruitment team
Supporters... prob lee o Neil
Club matters. CEO
Performance management of all of the above... o leary

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

I already love o'leary on 21:27 - Apr 7 with 1799 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:24 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

He’s the Chairman, the bridge between the Yanks and the club. The CEO will run the club.

I guess my question is more, what does a chairman actually do and the need for a chairman?

Seems as though he’s in charge of everyone else’s money and presumably getting paid to do so. Helluva gig.
I already love o'leary on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1795 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

I already love o'leary on 21:25 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

Basically. He is chairman. He will answer to gamechanger so will run the club for them. In turn. He will employ a CEO like we had in Bowden to actually manage the club as it should be but someone with football experience. Not a PE teacher.

First team.. cook
Club matters. CEO

Mostly this. The Chair's primary role in a corporation is to oversee the performance of the executive team.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I already love o'leary on 21:28 - Apr 7 with 1782 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I already love o'leary on 21:27 - Apr 7 by Parky

I guess my question is more, what does a chairman actually do and the need for a chairman?

Seems as though he’s in charge of everyone else’s money and presumably getting paid to do so. Helluva gig.

And yet clubs that have them appear to be better run than those without them.

It might be a question to ask Sheepy. What did a chairman ever do for a club?

I already love o'leary on 21:29 - Apr 7 with 1771 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:25 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hasn't he been appointed Chairman?

Isn't this all indicative of the vacuum there has been at the top with ME in charge in absentia while LON attempted to fulfil multiple roles and wait for ME to sign off anything he did agree?

I thought O'Leary sounded like some wise member of the MCC talking about running England cricket. Sounded very professional and clear.

I completely agree, a proper structure at the club is what we have been crying out for. I guess I didn’t word my question properly and it was more intended to actually say what does a chairman’s role actually consist of?
I already love o'leary on 21:33 - Apr 7 with 1716 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I already love o'leary on 21:29 - Apr 7 by Parky

I completely agree, a proper structure at the club is what we have been crying out for. I guess I didn’t word my question properly and it was more intended to actually say what does a chairman’s role actually consist of?

If that's really what you meant then you need to delete or completely reword your second sentence "Seems as though he’s in charge of everyone else’s money and presumably getting paid to do so. Helluva gig."

I already love o'leary on 21:37 - Apr 7 with 1665 viewsunstableblue

He stated his role is part time at Ipswich as with many chairman’s

He Stated the real responsibility for running the football and non-football sides of the business was with the CEO

So understanding who the CEO is going to be... is quite important!!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I already love o'leary on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 1653 viewsOldsmoker

In love?
Get a room.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I already love o'leary on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 1644 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:33 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

If that's really what you meant then you need to delete or completely reword your second sentence "Seems as though he’s in charge of everyone else’s money and presumably getting paid to do so. Helluva gig."

I don’t need to do anything. If you don’t want to answer the question, then move on.
I already love o'leary on 21:41 - Apr 7 with 1618 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:37 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

He stated his role is part time at Ipswich as with many chairman’s

He Stated the real responsibility for running the football and non-football sides of the business was with the CEO

So understanding who the CEO is going to be... is quite important!!!!

He seems quite confident that gap will be filled soon, so fingers crossed it’s the right man.

As posted above, I guess part of my question / intention was to try understand what a chairman’s role actually consists of.
I already love o'leary on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 1580 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:25 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

First team.. cook
Club matters. CEO

Thanks Chris. The CEO appointment really is an important one then, definitely seems as though O’Leary has someone lined up.
I already love o'leary on 21:50 - Apr 7 with 1540 viewsunstableblue

I already love o'leary on 21:41 - Apr 7 by Parky

He seems quite confident that gap will be filled soon, so fingers crossed it’s the right man.

As posted above, I guess part of my question / intention was to try understand what a chairman’s role actually consists of.

Chairman’s typically help organisations set strategy and then provide oversight and governance that the plan to meet the strategy is being executed - they are not always full time

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I already love o'leary on 21:54 - Apr 7 with 1505 viewschrismakin

I already love o'leary on 21:50 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

Chairman’s typically help organisations set strategy and then provide oversight and governance that the plan to meet the strategy is being executed - they are not always full time

Put simply

Chairmans delegate

The was M.E's biggest failure. He never did.

I already love o'leary on 21:55 - Apr 7 with 1498 views66notout

I already love o'leary on 21:28 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

And yet clubs that have them appear to be better run than those without them.

It might be a question to ask Sheepy. What did a chairman ever do for a club?

If O’Leary isn’t investing it will be the same as Sheepy won’t it?
I already love o'leary on 22:01 - Apr 7 with 1454 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 21:50 - Apr 7 by unstableblue

Thank you. I do find it interesting having somebody at the forefront and in an extremely high role that isn’t actually invested into the club. (I.e if it all goes wrong, O’Leary won’t exactly be worse off) all other parties of Gamechanger must have a lot of faith in him, which can only be a positive.
I already love o'leary on 22:04 - Apr 7 with 1429 viewschrismakin

I already love o'leary on 22:01 - Apr 7 by Parky

Thank you. I do find it interesting having somebody at the forefront and in an extremely high role that isn’t actually invested into the club. (I.e if it all goes wrong, O’Leary won’t exactly be worse off) all other parties of Gamechanger must have a lot of faith in him, which can only be a positive.

Its actually alot easier that way

With Evan's he was very withdrawn and refused to spend anymore of 'his' money on things 'he' didnt feel were a priority... like the ground etc

Having someone not invested will mean he will look at what's best for the club not what's best for his own bank balance.

I already love o'leary on 22:09 - Apr 7 with 1387 viewsParky

I already love o'leary on 22:04 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

Its actually alot easier that way

With Evan's he was very withdrawn and refused to spend anymore of 'his' money on things 'he' didnt feel were a priority... like the ground etc

Having someone not invested will mean he will look at what's best for the club not what's best for his own bank balance.

For the record, I completely agree and have been very impressed with his early interviews and promises of a proper structure. I was just intrigued, that is all.
I already love o'leary on 22:09 - Apr 7 with 1381 viewsBlueBadger

Still, it's nice to know that, as a fanbase we've learnt to judge people from actions and not how they come across in a presser.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024