Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Existing shareholders 13:11 - Apr 7 with 3332 viewsnodge_blue

I never thought Id see a penny back from the shares I bought at the time. I just saw it as a way of keeping the football club afloat when we could have gone bust.

However......now that it looks like we will be made an offer I assume that the roughly 10% of shareholders will get offered roughly 10% of the 40 mil sale price?

Better than the piece of paper that I currently have in the lounge in a frame!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Existing shareholders on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2980 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It won't be £40m though. Some of that is to purchase the debt from ME.
The actual cost of the club somewhere closer to the £17.5m previously mentioned I'd imagine.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Existing shareholders on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2980 viewsWeWereZombies

On the strength of your post I am going to upgrade the written down assumed value of my £200 from £0.01 to £0.02...

It will be interesting to see what paperwork does come our way as a result of the takeover, the offer will have to a reasonable percentage of our initial investment to make it worthwhile parting with that emotional investment we made in the club.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Existing shareholders on 13:21 - Apr 7 with 2951 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Wouldn’t have thought it’d be 10% of 40m!

Evans’ 40m will be a mixture of payment for equity, payment in lieu of debt and that sort of thing so the value attributable to shares will be very small I expect.
Existing shareholders on 13:21 - Apr 7 with 2954 viewsSouperJim

I'm not a shareholder, but I think you'd be mad to cash in at this point. GC20 are about to pump money in and try to get us up the pyramid. The time to cash in will be when they sell the club on, surely?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Existing shareholders on 13:34 - Apr 7 with 2890 viewsWeWereZombies

Existing shareholders on 13:21 - Apr 7 by SouperJim

I'm not a shareholder, but I think you'd be mad to cash in at this point. GC20 are about to pump money in and try to get us up the pyramid. The time to cash in will be when they sell the club on, surely?

I think it depends on what offer they make, and I suspect they will offer a small premium on their actual worth so that they can mop up minority shareholdings that could become problematic should the already complex arrangements get even more convoluted and the minority somehow have a power to tip things one way or another. Also the removal of a maximum number of minority shareholders will reduce administration costs. Off the top of my head I would say that anything less than fifty quid will not be enough to make me part with the shareholding, just for the sentimental value.

Existing shareholders on 13:40 - Apr 7 with 2831 viewsDarth_Koont

Existing shareholders on 13:34 - Apr 7 by WeWereZombies

I think it depends on what offer they make, and I suspect they will offer a small premium on their actual worth so that they can mop up minority shareholdings that could become problematic should the already complex arrangements get even more convoluted and the minority somehow have a power to tip things one way or another. Also the removal of a maximum number of minority shareholders will reduce administration costs. Off the top of my head I would say that anything less than fifty quid will not be enough to make me part with the shareholding, just for the sentimental value.

Same here.

It’s always been symbolic apart from when the initial response to raise a few million could have made a difference.

I presume this is really about the individuals who put in much more than the minimum where it’s obviously not a gesture.

Pronouns: He/Him

Existing shareholders on 13:41 - Apr 7 with 2828 viewsRyorry

Existing shareholders on 13:34 - Apr 7 by WeWereZombies

Likewise - sentimental value is worth far more atm than withdrawing relatively small amount of ££ from nearest ATM!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Existing shareholders on 15:05 - Apr 7 with 2731 viewsWeWereZombies

Existing shareholders on 13:41 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Likewise - sentimental value is worth far more atm than withdrawing relatively small amount of ££ from nearest ATM!

Thanks for the uppie, but as I was hoping for someone to take my fifty quid and raise by saying that they would definitely not sell for less than a hundred...
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 22:12]

Login to get fewer ads

Existing shareholders on 15:08 - Apr 7 with 2718 viewsBluefish

Just out of interest are you allowed to sell to me if you were looking to sell?

(As in me not Marcus Evans)

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Existing shareholders on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 2699 viewsBloomBlue

Well when Stan Kroenke (American) purchased Arsenal he had to pay approx £8,500 per share so as our new owners are American I'm expecting them to offer me around £8,500 for each of my shares and I will probably sell
Existing shareholders on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 2682 viewsPJH

Existing shareholders on 15:14 - Apr 7 by BloomBlue

Well when Stan Kroenke (American) purchased Arsenal he had to pay approx £8,500 per share so as our new owners are American I'm expecting them to offer me around £8,500 for each of my shares and I will probably sell

Let me think, 75 x £8500 set against the dividends I would get every time that we win The Super Bowl.

Difficult decision.
Existing shareholders on 15:20 - Apr 7 with 2665 viewsWeWereZombies

Existing shareholders on 15:08 - Apr 7 by Bluefish

As the shares in Ipswich Town plc are not listed on an exchange I think sales are purchase have to be matched so on the face of it I cannot see any of the restrictions on trading that happen during takeovers in markets such as the LSE. But I doubt anyone in their right mind will sell until they see what Gamechanger 20 put on the table.

Existing shareholders on 15:28 - Apr 7 with 2622 viewsKievthegreat

HODL!

Tractor Boys to the Moon!
Existing shareholders on 15:31 - Apr 7 with 2611 viewsnodge_blue

Existing shareholders on 15:08 - Apr 7 by Bluefish

Im not sure to be honest. I think there is the ability to transfer shares to a different named person. Do you fancy a punt on the long term prospects of the club then? Or just want that bit of paper!

Existing shareholders on 15:32 - Apr 7 with 2600 viewsBluefish

Existing shareholders on 15:31 - Apr 7 by nodge_blue

Im not sure to be honest. I think there is the ability to transfer shares to a different named person. Do you fancy a punt on the long term prospects of the club then? Or just want that bit of paper!

I just wish I had the bit of paper

Existing shareholders on 16:03 - Apr 7 with 2548 viewsnodge_blue

Existing shareholders on 15:32 - Apr 7 by Bluefish

I just wish I had the bit of paper

Well thats very noble. I paid £1000 for that bit of paper 20 years ago. Theres been times since when I thought I should have had the holiday. But I genuinely (pre Evans) thought we were on the cusp of folding and wanted to do what I could for something that had given me alot of fun over the years.

When Evans took over I then thought it was a bit of a waste as he would have taken on the debt etc regardless of my little contribution.

Ive long written it off. I may keep them. I may sell.

I would still rather the club was back on the hands of the fans and we were all shareholders.

But who knows. Maybe this will work.

Existing shareholders on 16:30 - Apr 7 with 2481 viewsBluefish

Existing shareholders on 16:03 - Apr 7 by nodge_blue

Well thats very noble. I paid £1000 for that bit of paper 20 years ago. Theres been times since when I thought I should have had the holiday. But I genuinely (pre Evans) thought we were on the cusp of folding and wanted to do what I could for something that had given me alot of fun over the years.

When Evans took over I then thought it was a bit of a waste as he would have taken on the debt etc regardless of my little contribution.

Ive long written it off. I may keep them. I may sell.

I would still rather the club was back on the hands of the fans and we were all shareholders.

But who knows. Maybe this will work.

I'd like just to be a part of the club but would be hard to place a value on something worthless in that way if not doing it to try and save the club

I was just too young for it to be an issue last time round

Existing shareholders on 16:48 - Apr 7 with 2424 viewszebra

I've still got my Town silk scarf plus the signed Replica Shirt. I spent the gift voucher eons ago. I never have looked at the shares as an investment - as people have already said, they were bought and kept for sentimental value. I'll be very interested though to see what we will be offered.
Existing shareholders on 17:46 - Apr 7 with 2364 viewsnodge_blue

Existing shareholders on 16:30 - Apr 7 by Bluefish

I'd like just to be a part of the club but would be hard to place a value on something worthless in that way if not doing it to try and save the club

I was just too young for it to be an issue last time round

The altruistic spirit of how I initially approached it has gone. The club is now owned by a US pension fund. Im more inclined to just take any money offered as thats basically all the fund will be doing in future.

Existing shareholders on 17:50 - Apr 7 with 2348 viewshappybeingblue

what about if you have a brick on the walkway in the pioneer stand is that worth much now
Existing shareholders on 17:53 - Apr 7 with 2331 viewsnodge_blue

Existing shareholders on 17:50 - Apr 7 by happybeingblue

what about if you have a brick on the walkway in the pioneer stand is that worth much now

It is to you!

I quite fancied a brick at the time. Got the bit of paper instead.

Existing shareholders on 19:59 - Apr 8 with 2179 viewshappybeingblue

Existing shareholders on 17:53 - Apr 7 by nodge_blue

It is to you!

I quite fancied a brick at the time. Got the bit of paper instead.

i have my name on the brick and the certificate as well :) it was something to show my children and hopefully the future generations of itfc fans,seemed like a bit of fun at the time but im quite proud of it now,to have shares would have been good though.
Existing shareholders on 20:05 - Apr 8 with 2159 viewsPJH

Existing shareholders on 19:59 - Apr 8 by happybeingblue

i have my name on the brick and the certificate as well :) it was something to show my children and hopefully the future generations of itfc fans,seemed like a bit of fun at the time but im quite proud of it now,to have shares would have been good though.

I have got a brick with my son's and my name on. I never remember exactly where it is but the nearest player brick to it is Paul Cooper so when I find Paul Cooper I find ours.

I have got shares too, it never was an either or, was it?
Existing shareholders on 20:28 - Apr 8 with 2097 viewshappybeingblue

Existing shareholders on 20:05 - Apr 8 by PJH

I have got a brick with my son's and my name on. I never remember exactly where it is but the nearest player brick to it is Paul Cooper so when I find Paul Cooper I find ours.

I have got shares too, it never was an either or, was it?

no dont think it was one of my old work colleagues had shares he was a die hard home and away back in the day, i never had much of a business mind back then ,mines near tony mowbray
Existing shareholders on 20:45 - Apr 8 with 2061 viewsnoggin

Have the new owners said they want to buy supporters shares? I won't be selling unless it's at least 10 x face value.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 21:40]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024