Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain to me please 07:12 - Apr 10 with 941 viewsgtsb1966

how this was offside last night. I just can't see how. Isn't it about time we went back to the clear daylight option for offside. This decision from last night has to be the most ridiculous one yet.
https://www.givemesport.com/1673247-fulham-v-wolves-willian-jose-denied-goal-by-
Can someone explain to me please on 07:16 - Apr 10 with 912 viewsbluelagos

No. For me, when you can't tell with the naked eye if it's offside, then in old talk, it's level.

Ridiculous that VAR has morphed into something that gives decisions like the one you highlight.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can someone explain to me please on 07:21 - Apr 10 with 889 viewsgtsb1966

Can someone explain to me please on 07:16 - Apr 10 by bluelagos

No. For me, when you can't tell with the naked eye if it's offside, then in old talk, it's level.

Ridiculous that VAR has morphed into something that gives decisions like the one you highlight.

So no lines then, just look at the screen and if you can't decide in an instance then it's not offside. Good shout that.
Can someone explain to me please on 07:24 - Apr 10 with 872 viewsbluelagos

Can someone explain to me please on 07:21 - Apr 10 by gtsb1966

So no lines then, just look at the screen and if you can't decide in an instance then it's not offside. Good shout that.

Hang on, it's 2021 on Twtd. That's not much of an argument :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can someone explain to me please on 07:26 - Apr 10 with 866 viewsgtsb1966

Can someone explain to me please on 07:24 - Apr 10 by bluelagos

Hang on, it's 2021 on Twtd. That's not much of an argument :-)

Wait until 4.50pm and the Cook Out brigade surface.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 7:28]
Can someone explain to me please on 09:13 - Apr 10 with 753 viewsPendejo

Can someone explain to me please on 07:21 - Apr 10 by gtsb1966

Until VAR who knew that a millimetre of body part that can be legally used to score a goal caused a person to be offside?

I personally like the clear daylight version, but surely describing a player as offside denotes most of their body is ahead of the last defender? Otherwise where did the mantra alongside is onside come from?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Can someone explain to me please on 09:24 - Apr 10 with 733 viewsZXBlue

Can someone explain to me please on 09:13 - Apr 10 by Pendejo

Until VAR who knew that a millimetre of body part that can be legally used to score a goal caused a person to be offside?

I personally like the clear daylight version, but surely describing a player as offside denotes most of their body is ahead of the last defender? Otherwise where did the mantra alongside is onside come from?

Clear daylight doesn't work because you just get the same arguments about a milimetre of "daylight".

Its easy and simple. You only over turn the decision if its a clear and obvious error. If its close, then it is umpire's call.

Also you get rid of the ridiculous phases of play nonsense, and the absurdity of linesman being told to wait until someone touches the ball.
Can someone explain to me please on 09:25 - Apr 10 with 732 viewschrismakin

looking forward to Automated offsides next season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can someone explain to me please on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 710 viewsDeano69

Can someone explain to me please on 09:24 - Apr 10 by ZXBlue

Clear daylight doesn't work because you just get the same arguments about a milimetre of "daylight".

Its easy and simple. You only over turn the decision if its a clear and obvious error. If its close, then it is umpire's call.

Also you get rid of the ridiculous phases of play nonsense, and the absurdity of linesman being told to wait until someone touches the ball.

This! Phases of play are nonsense, as is ‘not interfering with play’, well get off the pitch then.

Plus, I can’t understand why a part of your body that isn’t allowed to be used in scoring a goal can be deemed offside.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain to me please on 09:40 - Apr 10 with 702 viewschrismakin

Can someone explain to me please on 09:37 - Apr 10 by Deano69

This! Phases of play are nonsense, as is ‘not interfering with play’, well get off the pitch then.

Plus, I can’t understand why a part of your body that isn’t allowed to be used in scoring a goal can be deemed offside.

I think with the speed of football as it is, it should be based on 1 ft

is the attacker a clear 1 ft closer to the goal than the last defender, if yes, offside, anything closer and it's onside.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can someone explain to me please on 09:42 - Apr 10 with 697 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Plus, I can’t understand why a part of your body that isn’t allowed to be used in scoring a goal can be deemed offside."

It can't

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Can someone explain to me please on 09:42 - Apr 10 with 697 viewsZXBlue

Whilst we are at it, return the handball law to how it was. It was simple fair and worked. If its not deliberate, its not handball, and the Ref has to use his judgment on that. Something essential to being a ref generally and well within their capacity. Arm position can be part of that consideration, without it being written hard and fast into the rules.
Can someone explain to me please on 09:45 - Apr 10 with 688 viewsN2_Blue

Can someone explain to me please on 09:40 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

I think with the speed of football as it is, it should be based on 1 ft

is the attacker a clear 1 ft closer to the goal than the last defender, if yes, offside, anything closer and it's onside.

That just silly as doesn't help with the interpretation of the rule does it. You would have exactly the same problem.

Off side has been given because VAR says the attacked was 1ft and 0.0001 inch clear of the defender

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Can someone explain to me please on 09:54 - Apr 10 with 674 viewsDeano69

Can someone explain to me please on 09:42 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Plus, I can’t understand why a part of your body that isn’t allowed to be used in scoring a goal can be deemed offside."

It can't

Does that photo show a partial Hand as the reason for offside?

Can someone explain to me please on 09:56 - Apr 10 with 672 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can someone explain to me please on 09:54 - Apr 10 by Deano69

Does that photo show a partial Hand as the reason for offside?

No, Wolves are playing in Portugal colours.

It was ruled offside for an armpit. Genuinely.

Can someone explain to me please on 10:00 - Apr 10 with 657 viewsDeano69

Can someone explain to me please on 09:56 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, Wolves are playing in Portugal colours.

It was ruled offside for an armpit. Genuinely.

I stand corrected. Apologies

You never forget the first goal you score with your armpit....

It’s become an utter farce. I understand the logic/sense of goal line technology but disapprove of VAR in that we have tried it and it adds nothing to the game. Can’t be replicated at all levels (not even in the same competition) and there’s seems no more honesty from the game because of it.

Can someone explain to me please on 10:06 - Apr 10 with 638 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can someone explain to me please on 10:00 - Apr 10 by Deano69

It’s become an utter farce. I understand the logic/sense of goal line technology but disapprove of VAR in that we have tried it and it adds nothing to the game. Can’t be replicated at all levels (not even in the same competition) and there’s seems no more honesty from the game because of it.

Its massaging Mike Riley's ego and thats really what it all boils down to. "We've decided to use it for marginal decisions and we're sticking to it now, or all those previous decisions are going to be questioned"

Without ever giving the slightest consideration to the fact it is absolutely killing the game as a spectator sport.

We're the only league in Europe that uses it like this, elsewhere it's there to assist the ref, not to make his decisions for him. Hence why here, the ref never checks the pitch side monitor. Very different in other countries.

Can someone explain to me please on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 575 viewsScuzzer

Just scrap VAR.
But they wont because its cost them a stupid amount of dosh to install so they feel that they've got to persevere with it. Cut your losses I say...ditch it.

Established 1968

Can someone explain to me please on 13:07 - Apr 10 with 544 viewsstonojnr

Can someone explain to me please on 10:00 - Apr 10 by Deano69

guarantee if you scored a goal with an armpit, VAR would rule it out for handball :)

crazy decision
Can someone explain to me please on 16:04 - Apr 10 with 449 viewsDeano69

Take a look at the Firmino disallowed goal today. Ridiculous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024