Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. 21:24 - Apr 19 with 1657 viewstrulyblue

Phil's match preview states that Town have never previously played at Sixfields. Now forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm 99% certain that I've watched us play in a friendly there, so I can only assume that he means in a league or cup match. I'm not sure what year it was although I don't think the stadium had been built very long, maybe somebody with a better memory than me can shed some light?

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:33 - Apr 19 with 1595 viewsJ2BLUE

Reserves have played there several times including in a friendly in 2004

Cobblers Game Confirmed 17th Jun 2004 11:49
Northampton have confirmed that the Town reserve friendly at Sixfields will take place on Monday, August 2nd. 0

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:38 - Apr 19 with 1578 viewschevblue

We played the Cobblers in a friendly at Sixfields in August, 1996 ...

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&day=6&month=8&am

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:45 - Apr 19 with 1554 viewsronnyd

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:38 - Apr 19 by chevblue

Haha, a 0-0 draw. That's a surprise
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 22:21 - Apr 19 with 1504 viewsPhilTWTD

I had a feeling we might have played them in a friendly when I wrote that but couldn't recollect precisely when. I'll amend to competitive match!
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 22:27 - Apr 19 with 1467 viewstrulyblue

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:38 - Apr 19 by chevblue

That'll be the one.... Maybe I'm not as old and senile after all 😃

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 22:44 - Apr 19 with 1420 viewsmonty_radio

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 21:45 - Apr 19 by ronnyd

Haha, a 0-0 draw. That's a surprise

I was there though you had me doubting it Phil

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 22:54 - Apr 19 with 1404 viewsITFC_Forever

I’ve seen competitive match there.

Northampton v Exeter in the late 90s. The highlight was a half-time competition where a fan had to try and kick a ball into the boot of hatchback parked by the corner flag from the centre spot.
Fan stepped up and pinged it straight in to win the car.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:14 - Apr 19 with 1340 viewsBluefish

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 22:21 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

I had a feeling we might have played them in a friendly when I wrote that but couldn't recollect precisely when. I'll amend to competitive match!

More importantly, when did we last play a competitive match?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:35 - Apr 19 with 1329 viewsIllinoisblue

I vaguely recall seeing highlights on Anglia TV of us winning at their old (cricket?) ground sometime in the late 80s in the league cup. Graham Harbey era.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:39 - Apr 19 with 1318 viewsAlanG296

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:35 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

I vaguely recall seeing highlights on Anglia TV of us winning at their old (cricket?) ground sometime in the late 80s in the league cup. Graham Harbey era.

Little open terrace in front of the remains of a main stand, got soaking wet, surreal looking across to a cricket pavilion in semi darkness beyond the far touchline.
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:43 - Apr 19 with 1309 viewsIllinoisblue

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:39 - Apr 19 by AlanG296

Little open terrace in front of the remains of a main stand, got soaking wet, surreal looking across to a cricket pavilion in semi darkness beyond the far touchline.

Did we win? I want to say 4-2.

62 - 78 - 81

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:48 - Apr 19 with 1301 viewsAlanG296

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:43 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

Yes it was, after extra time. 5-3 on aggregate, League Cup 2nd round.
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:52 - Apr 19 with 1302 viewsrgp1

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:43 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

I was there that night in the side stand. Unfortunately due to the stand next to it you couldn't see the bottom corner of the pitch. Mitch Davray scored a couple that night.
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:54 - Apr 19 with 1286 viewsIllinoisblue

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:48 - Apr 19 by AlanG296

Yes it was, after extra time. 5-3 on aggregate, League Cup 2nd round.

Winning a cup game. Those really were the days.

62 - 78 - 81

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 00:18 - Apr 20 with 1256 viewsrgp1

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 23:54 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

Winning a cup game. Those really were the days.

It was a great atmosphere from what I remember around about 8 or 9000 in the ground which for Northampton was a decent crowd. Trevor Morley scored early days for them with Harbey equalizing in the 2nd half. I seemed to remember we steam rollered them in extra time
Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 00:57 - Apr 20 with 1207 viewsIllinoisblue

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 00:18 - Apr 20 by rgp1

It was a great atmosphere from what I remember around about 8 or 9000 in the ground which for Northampton was a decent crowd. Trevor Morley scored early days for them with Harbey equalizing in the 2nd half. I seemed to remember we steam rollered them in extra time

You were right, over 8k there: https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=7&am

62 - 78 - 81

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 983 viewsBlueandTruesince82

If however get the chance the current cricket ground is delightful.

Got free tickets for England v South Africa A a couple of years ago and thought it was a charming place to watch cricket.

Tempted to go and watch the match tonigjt, there is a spot where you can see into about 3 quarters of the ground from outside the stadium but given the likelihood of us actually scoring in non existent it doesnt seem worth it.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 09:32 - Apr 20 with 979 viewsRadlett_blue

I don't think they ever found the missing £10m associated with the Sixfields development. The dodgy developers, Cardoza & Grossman, approached my local tennis club around that time with a redevelopment scheme involving indoor courts and some associated sheltered housing development. We did a little investigation & quickly showed them the door.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 09:48 - Apr 20 with 958 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 09:32 - Apr 20 by Radlett_blue

I don't think they ever found the missing £10m associated with the Sixfields development. The dodgy developers, Cardoza & Grossman, approached my local tennis club around that time with a redevelopment scheme involving indoor courts and some associated sheltered housing development. We did a little investigation & quickly showed them the door.

They didn't.... Not sure if things have now ground to a halt there but there was some sort of attempt at a trial. No explanation as to where the money went though....in someone s pocket is about as close as they got

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 11:22 - Apr 20 with 875 viewsGeoffSentence

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 00:18 - Apr 20 by rgp1

I was there too, sat in that marquee they had set up. A rope along the touchline with standing supporters lined up against it. It was truly 'unique' place to watch football.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 17:18 - Apr 20 with 784 viewshoppy

Many a time I have run round to the County Tavern to catch last orders, as I used to live about 3 minutes away for 2 years when I was there at college. Would often sneak in to catch the latter parts of some of their evening games too. I never saw Town play there though.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 17:51 - Apr 20 with 741 viewsPinewoodblue

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 17:18 - Apr 20 by hoppy

Many a time I have run round to the County Tavern to catch last orders, as I used to live about 3 minutes away for 2 years when I was there at college. Would often sneak in to catch the latter parts of some of their evening games too. I never saw Town play there though.

Doubt that you thought ITFC would play a league game there

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 18:37 - Apr 20 with 691 viewshoppy

Town's previous visit to Sixfields. on 17:51 - Apr 20 by Pinewoodblue

Doubt that you thought ITFC would play a league game there

That was at their old County Ground, not Sixfields.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 18:38]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024