Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it 10:59 - May 6 with 1885 viewsKeno

in 1978 we had a really, really good team, so good in fact that we finished in the top 4 of the top division something like 9 years out of 10 and in the 'bad year' this happened

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 11:02 - May 6 with 1663 viewsmo_itfc

I was born in 1987... I find this very hard to believe!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 11:05 - May 6 with 1648 viewshoppy

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 11:02 - May 6 by mo_itfc

It's true... just ask 12th man to fill you in on all our historic moments...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:33 - May 6 with 1549 viewsKeno

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 11:05 - May 6 by hoppy

It's true... just ask 12th man to fill you in on all our historic moments...

and if you ask him really nicely he'll get you tickets for it

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:38 - May 6 with 1528 viewsMattinLondon

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 11:02 - May 6 by mo_itfc

Not having it.

Next the oldies on here will be telling us that one of the three stars that are on the shirt is for winning the league.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:40 - May 6 with 1512 viewsjaykay

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:38 - May 6 by MattinLondon

Not having it.

Next the oldies on here will be telling us that one of the three stars that are on the shirt is for winning the league.

not just any league though

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:45 - May 6 with 1491 viewshammo56

Yep take one of those stars off as VAR has just ruled that Bobby Gould was onside and therefore we were knocked out in the 5th round.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:47 - May 6 with 1474 viewsjeera

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:38 - May 6 by MattinLondon

Not having it.

That's just what they tell people.

Really it was for working their way up to the fries counter and being allowed to handle hot things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:52 - May 6 with 1458 viewsbluefunk

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:45 - May 6 by hammo56

Yep take one of those stars off as VAR has just ruled that Bobby Gould was onside and therefore we were knocked out in the 5th round.

but add two back for VAR decisions on allowing the goal Clive Thomas ruled out in the semi final v WHU in '75 (we would have beaten Fulham in the final) and for the sending off of Gerry Gow for a straight red in '81, which would have meant another semi final win and an easy win v Spurs in the final
Login to get fewer ads

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:56 - May 6 with 1447 viewshammo56

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:52 - May 6 by bluefunk

but add two back for VAR decisions on allowing the goal Clive Thomas ruled out in the semi final v WHU in '75 (we would have beaten Fulham in the final) and for the sending off of Gerry Gow for a straight red in '81, which would have meant another semi final win and an easy win v Spurs in the final

I still have nightmares about the 75 semi final replay.
The most gutted I've ever felt coming out of a ground.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:59 - May 6 with 1428 viewsbluefunk

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:56 - May 6 by hammo56

I still have nightmares about the 75 semi final replay.
The most gutted I've ever felt coming out of a ground.

I think I'm right in saying Clive Thomas neer refeed another Town game, and he hated SBR apparently
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:01 - May 6 with 1422 viewsPhilTWTD

Here's a bit I did with Warky last year:

Wark: We Could Have Scored Six or Seven 6th May 2020 06:00
Today marks the 42nd anniversary of Town’s 1-0 1978 FA Cup final victory over Arsenal at Wembley and TWTD caught up with Blues legend John Wark to hear his memories of that great day. 18

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:19 - May 6 with 1379 viewshammo56

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:59 - May 6 by bluefunk

I think I'm right in saying Clive Thomas neer refeed another Town game, and he hated SBR apparently

He was the ref for our semi final against West Brom in 78.
I was far happier coming out of the ground that day.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:24 - May 6 with 1365 viewsbluefunk

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:19 - May 6 by hammo56

He was the ref for our semi final against West Brom in 78.
I was far happier coming out of the ground that day.

I missed that, and it was a far happier experience wasnt it!!
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:30 - May 6 with 1340 viewshammo56

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:24 - May 6 by bluefunk

I missed that, and it was a far happier experience wasnt it!!

Yep, I actually celebrated more when we won the semi final than the final.
I had my doubts if we could beat West Brom but once we reached the final was convinced that we were going to win it.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:32 - May 6 with 1330 viewsKeno

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 12:59 - May 6 by bluefunk

I read somewhere that Mick Mills refused to shake hands with them before matches or at official functions

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:36 - May 6 with 1314 viewsChurchman

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:30 - May 6 by hammo56

I had my doubts if we could beat West Brom but once we reached the final was convinced that we were going to win it.

I think everybody did, strangely. I think there was such relief after what happened in 75, plus a really tense game against a good side. Wark kills the game with ‘that’ header and everyone went completely bananas.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:42 - May 6 with 1286 viewsKeno

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:36 - May 6 by Churchman

I think everybody did, strangely. I think there was such relief after what happened in 75, plus a really tense game against a good side. Wark kills the game with ‘that’ header and everyone went completely bananas.

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 14:43 - May 6 with 1175 viewssolemio

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:30 - May 6 by hammo56

Me too. And I felt just the same in our play off year. If anything I thought Bolton were at least as good as us or even perhaps a bit better. No worries about the final though.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:49 - May 6 with 1088 viewsjaykay

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 13:42 - May 6 by Keno

my mate on the way to the game ,told me he had done a silly correct score with the bookies. it was town to win 4 one. he never forgave robin turner for not making it 4 one.
by missing a sitter after wark made it 3 one

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:50 - May 6 with 1086 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:51 - May 6 with 1083 viewsKeno

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:50 - May 6 by BryanPlug

I think he would make an excellent and informative radio summariser

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:54 - May 6 with 1074 viewshoppy

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:51 - May 6 by Keno

I think he would make an excellent and informative radio summariser

You know, I think he would too.

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 17:06 - May 6 with 1045 viewsChurchman

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:49 - May 6 by jaykay

my mate on the way to the game ,told me he had done a silly correct score with the bookies. it was town to win 4 one. he never forgave robin turner for not making it 4 one.
by missing a sitter after wark made it 3 one

He did too. He wasn’t much of a player, but the goal was gaping, he couldn’t miss! But he made a right dogs of it. Nobody cared at that stage bar one person, clearly.

I’m probably being harsh on Turner given he scored to save the game at a snowy, frozen Bristol Rovers, but he wasn’t the best.
For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 17:14 - May 6 with 1027 viewsBryanPlug

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 16:54 - May 6 by hoppy

You know, I think he would too.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 17:20 - May 6 with 1012 viewshoppy

For any of our younger fans who may not realise it on 17:14 - May 6 by BryanPlug

Sorry, what was that you were saying?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024