Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... 09:07 - Jun 22 with 2249 viewsbluelagos

Who wants the Scots to win tonight?

Edit - As 4 points would put them through. A draw is likely to mean they are out...

[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 10:16]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:17 - Jun 22 with 1362 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Definitely....I am quarter Scottish I'll have you know.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:18 - Jun 22 with 1356 viewschicoazul

No.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It just makes me want them to lose even more. (n/t) on 09:21 - Jun 22 with 1338 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:22 - Jun 22 with 1326 viewsbluelagos

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:17 - Jun 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Definitely....I am quarter Scottish I'll have you know.

Explains a lot ;-)

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:24 - Jun 22 with 1317 viewstextbackup

nope, lose about 4-0, 3 games, no goals, after waiting 633 years to be at a major tournament

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:25 - Jun 22 with 1311 viewsBlueBadger

It'll definitely make their failure to reach the knock-outs funnier.

Scotland are the Norwich City of international football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:42 - Jun 22 with 1255 viewsBloomBlue

No, nothing would be better than seeing the Scots eliminated
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:43 - Jun 22 with 1251 viewsclive_baker

Will there 0-0 win from Friday not be enough to see them through anyway?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:47 - Jun 22 with 1232 viewsabracaDOBRA_

wait, I thought they won Friday?
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:47 - Jun 22 with 1231 viewsDJR

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:22 - Jun 22 by bluelagos

Explains a lot ;-)

With two Scottish parents, what does that make me!
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:47 - Jun 22 with 1225 viewsChurchman

Not me. I hope they finish rock bottom and the only team not to score a goal in the Euros.
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:48 - Jun 22 with 1220 viewsIpswichKnight

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:43 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

Will there 0-0 win from Friday not be enough to see them through anyway?

If your Scottish then it’s enough for a bye to the final and an automatic 3-0 head start.

I hope they lose and lose in the last minute due to us winning or something like that.
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:50 - Jun 22 with 1211 viewspointofblue

Third in the group will only go through if there’s a winner between Scotland and Croatia - they’ll both go out if the match finishes as a draw.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:50 - Jun 22 with 1205 viewsBlueBadger

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:47 - Jun 22 by abracaDOBRA_

wait, I thought they won Friday?

They certainly had an Improved Performance...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:52 - Jun 22 with 1192 viewsNazemariner

Not a chance. I'm hoping for a new record winning margin for Croatia.
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:56 - Jun 22 with 1164 viewstractordownsouth

Not overly fussed, I just want Croatia out any which way possible. Still haven't forgiven the b@stards for 3 years ago.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:57 - Jun 22 with 1152 viewsReuser_is_God

Absolutely not.

Them crashing out of the tournament 4 days after winning the "We got a 0-0 draw with England" will be quite funny.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:03 - Jun 22 with 1121 viewsChurchman

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 09:57 - Jun 22 by Reuser_is_God

Absolutely not.

Them crashing out of the tournament 4 days after winning the "We got a 0-0 draw with England" will be quite funny.

Yes, but that means they can hold the open top bus parade on Saturday and have a Bank Holiday on Monday to celebrate hammering England 0-0.

If they fail, I can’t wait to see the look on ‘I’m not biased against England’ Sourness’ face.
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:05 - Jun 22 with 1117 viewsHighgateBlue

Are you SURE that the third placed team in our group definitely makes it? Cos I'm not.

Four of the 3rd placed teams go through, right?

If we beat the Czechs, and Scotland draw with Croatia, then Croatia will finish third on 2 points with a goal difference of -1.

Switzerland, FInland and the Ukraine all have more than 2 points. They are all through. Three teams in group F already have more than 2 points. Therefore I cannot see how 2 points will be enough to see a team through from our group.

Maybe you meant "Now that 3rd in our group defo makes it, if and only if there is a winner in the Scotland-Croatia game".

But in any event, I don't want Scotland to win. They get very excited when we lose, they take up a ridiculous amount of political bandwidth for a place with the population of 10 Bradfords, they get a lot more money per capita from the exchequer than the average UK citizen, their MPs get to vote on English laws but not vice versa, etc etc. On the other hand, we can't really blame them for Braveheart, and they do have some beautiful scenery...
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:08 - Jun 22 with 1103 viewsIpswichKnight

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:05 - Jun 22 by HighgateBlue

Are you SURE that the third placed team in our group definitely makes it? Cos I'm not.

If we beat the Czechs, and Scotland draw with Croatia, then Croatia will finish third on 2 points with a goal difference of -1.

Switzerland, FInland and the Ukraine all have more than 2 points. They are all through. Three teams in group F already have more than 2 points. Therefore I cannot see how 2 points will be enough to see a team through from our group.

Maybe you meant "Now that 3rd in our group defo makes it, if and only if there is a winner in the Scotland-Croatia game".

But in any event, I don't want Scotland to win. They get very excited when we lose, they take up a ridiculous amount of political bandwidth for a place with the population of 10 Bradfords, they get a lot more money per capita from the exchequer than the average UK citizen, their MPs get to vote on English laws but not vice versa, etc etc. On the other hand, we can't really blame them for Braveheart, and they do have some beautiful scenery...

Yes 100% sure it’s been confirmed by every media outlet and by the FA.
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:11 - Jun 22 with 1089 viewsRyorry

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:05 - Jun 22 by HighgateBlue

Well I was about to post that I didn't get the hatred for Scotland, but thanks for enlightening me!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:14 - Jun 22 with 1073 viewsbluejacko

Nope
Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:15 - Jun 22 with 1064 viewsbluelagos

'''''''''''''''''
Yeah, clearly a draw means both the Scots & Croats are pretty much out. 4 pts is defo now good enough.

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:16 - Jun 22 with 1061 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:08 - Jun 22 by IpswichKnight

Yes 100% sure it’s been confirmed by every media outlet and by the FA.

The poster is right, Croatia and Scotland will both be out if they draw

What the media have confirmed is that England are guaranteed to go through even if we finish third, and that Scotland will be guaranteed to go through if they win tonight (even if they finish third)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:17 - Jun 22 with 1047 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Now that 3rd in our group defo makes the last 16... on 10:15 - Jun 22 by bluelagos

'''''''''''''''''
Yeah, clearly a draw means both the Scots & Croats are pretty much out. 4 pts is defo now good enough.

A draw means they’re definitely out, as only one other group can potentially have a 3rd placed team on less than 3 points

I hope they draw 3-3 having been 3-0 up, with Croatia equalising in the 97th minute
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 10:18]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024