Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saka coming in for Sancho... 09:05 - Jul 7 with 2229 viewsunstableblue

... I support this

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Will we are Foden at some point? on 09:17 - Jul 7 with 2130 viewsunstableblue

I really thought Foden would be a starter this tournament - but on reflection he’s too similar to Sterling! And Sterling is on fire.

As such Sancho, Saka and Grealish are ahead of him

Shows the depth of the team that someone of his talent is not playing

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 09:39 - Jul 7 with 2050 viewsitfcjoe

Makes sense, that Danish left back Maehle is very good and Saka much better going backwards to look after him without lsoing much goign forwards

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I love the fact that..... on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 1902 viewsBloots

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 09:39 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Makes sense, that Danish left back Maehle is very good and Saka much better going backwards to look after him without lsoing much goign forwards

....you slipped into speaking Danish at the end there.

You are so cosmopolitan Joe.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I love the fact that..... on 10:24 - Jul 7 with 1848 viewsitfcjoe

I love the fact that..... on 10:17 - Jul 7 by Bloots

....you slipped into speaking Danish at the end there.

You are so cosmopolitan Joe.

I've picked up a few words chatting to my old mate Jonas about the good times under Mick McCarthy

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:25 - Jul 7 with 1845 viewsOsborneOneNil

Will we are Foden at some point? on 09:17 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

I really thought Foden would be a starter this tournament - but on reflection he’s too similar to Sterling! And Sterling is on fire.

Foden isn’t too similar to Sterling. Completely different type of player.
Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 1808 viewsSimonds92

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:25 - Jul 7 by OsborneOneNil

Foden isn’t too similar to Sterling. Completely different type of player.

Agreed, i think the issue is how rigid you have to be in that rw role. He likes to play the free role in the 10 and drift accross left or right but you can't really afford that luxury.

Having said that, with 2 sitters you could probably have:
Sterling Foden Saka
Kane

But then you're losing Mount.
Saka coming in for Sancho... on 10:33 - Jul 7 with 1779 viewsBathBlue

Where have you got this from? Haven’t seen any sign of a leaked lineup yet
Saka coming in for Sancho... on 10:36 - Jul 7 with 1762 viewsclive_baker

Would've gone for Sterling - Kane - Foden myself, but happy enough with Saka. Foden / Grealish are better on the ball for me, but Saka's pace can definitely cause them some problems.

We'll have more of the ball, question is can we use it effectively and break them down. An early goal a la Ukraine would be the dream.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:39 - Jul 7 with 1739 viewsblueislander

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:30 - Jul 7 by Simonds92

Agreed, i think the issue is how rigid you have to be in that rw role. He likes to play the free role in the 10 and drift accross left or right but you can't really afford that luxury.

Sterling Foden Saka
Kane

It really is fantastic that we have 5 really good candidates for only two places, given that Sterling must play on the left side to continue his partnership with Shaw. I would say that there is little difference between Saka and Sancho , Foden is slightly different , but hasn't really done enough to earn the spot. Mount is different again , and is a more rounded player , and does offer more.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:44]
Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:40 - Jul 7 with 1735 viewsOsborneOneNil

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:30 - Jul 7 by Simonds92

Sterling Foden Saka
Kane

It’s such a tough call. In the past I could name an England best XI with no bother at all, not now.

Foden and Grealish are 2 of my favourite players. One hasn’t played since the opening game and the other, despite being involved in 3 of our first 4 tournament goals, can’t get a start and missed the QF.

Superb depth.
Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 1698 viewsitfcjoe

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:39 - Jul 7 by blueislander

It really is fantastic that we have 5 really good candidates for only two places, given that Sterling must play on the left side to continue his partnership with Shaw. I would say that there is little difference between Saka and Sancho , Foden is slightly different , but hasn't really done enough to earn the spot. Mount is different again , and is a more rounded player , and does offer more.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:44]

Saka offers a lot more defensively, he's played wing back for England previously and a lot for Arsenal

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 10:48 - Jul 7 with 1675 viewsJ2BLUE

Really impressed with Saka, not just in the Euros, but last season in the Premier League.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:56 - Jul 7 with 1611 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:40 - Jul 7 by OsborneOneNil

It’s such a tough call. In the past I could name an England best XI with no bother at all, not now.

Foden and Grealish are 2 of my favourite players. One hasn’t played since the opening game and the other, despite being involved in 3 of our first 4 tournament goals, can’t get a start and missed the QF.

Superb depth.

Foden played against Scotland too, although if it hadn’t been for his Gazza look you’d barely have noticed

Strangely though people seemed to be miffed when he was taken off and thought it should have been Sterling, despite the latter at least threatening to offer something even if he wasn’t quite putting it together that night. Unsurprisingly
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:56]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Will we are Foden at some point? on 11:05 - Jul 7 with 1553 viewsclive_baker

Will we are Foden at some point? on 10:56 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Foden played against Scotland too, although if it hadn’t been for his Gazza look you’d barely have noticed

Strangely though people seemed to be miffed when he was taken off and thought it should have been Sterling, despite the latter at least threatening to offer something even if he wasn’t quite putting it together that night. Unsurprisingly
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 10:56]

I thought they were both poor against Scotland. Mount was the biggest culprit, that was arguably he's worst game in an England shirt.

For tonight I think if he stays with a back 4 then that picks itself, and remains unchanged. Same for the midfield 3 of Rice & Phillips in the 'double pivot' with Mount ahead. Kane obviously starts, as does Sterling on the left. So really he only has 1 choice to make, which is who he goes with on the right out of Saka, Sancho or Foden and to be honest, they're all quality and offer something slightly different.

We need to take the game to them, as we did against Ukraine. We're at home, to a side who have looked tidy and well organised, but are yet to really be tested. People talk about our run, but Denmark have beaten a dog sh1t Russia, a poor Wales and Czech Rep AET. We can't let them get comfortable and grow into the game, we need to get at them from the off.

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:15 - Jul 7 with 1338 viewsBluedanW

Will we are Foden at some point? on 11:05 - Jul 7 by clive_baker

I thought they were both poor against Scotland. Mount was the biggest culprit, that was arguably he's worst game in an England shirt.

For tonight I think if he stays with a back 4 then that picks itself, and remains unchanged. Same for the midfield 3 of Rice & Phillips in the 'double pivot' with Mount ahead. Kane obviously starts, as does Sterling on the left. So really he only has 1 choice to make, which is who he goes with on the right out of Saka, Sancho or Foden and to be honest, they're all quality and offer something slightly different.

We need to take the game to them, as we did against Ukraine. We're at home, to a side who have looked tidy and well organised, but are yet to really be tested. People talk about our run, but Denmark have beaten a dog sh1t Russia, a poor Wales and Czech Rep AET. We can't let them get comfortable and grow into the game, we need to get at them from the off.

They beat the Czech's in 90 minutes. 2 up at half time
Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:21 - Jul 7 with 1315 viewsclive_baker

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:15 - Jul 7 by BluedanW

They beat the Czech's in 90 minutes. 2 up at half time

You're right. Had it in my head it was 2-2 after 90. I thought Czech were the better side tbh, but that was probably more due to Denmark putting themselves 2 in front and having something to protect, so that's the way the 2nd half went.

Either way, I don't think they've really been tested against a top side yet. Arguably the only one they have played in Belgium beat them, and most of their main men started on the bench.

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:29 - Jul 7 with 1281 viewsGeoffSentence

Will we are Foden at some point? on 09:17 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

The Dane's have a lot of strength in depth at left back. There are some very good ones who didnt make the squad.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:32 - Jul 7 with 1264 viewsfooters

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:29 - Jul 7 by GeoffSentence

The Dane's have a lot of strength in depth at left back. There are some very good ones who didnt make the squad.

Uh oh!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here is latest on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 1110 viewsunstableblue

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 10:33 - Jul 7 by BathBlue

Where have you got this from? Haven’t seen any sign of a leaked lineup yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51198755

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 15:16 - Jul 7 with 1016 viewsElephantintheRoom

So that will be 36 games since Sir Gareth picked the same team two games running.

Clearly it is very fashionale to leave your matchwinners on the bench - even Spain tried it last night.

One can only hope it ends well - and those pesky Danes run out of steam

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 15:30 - Jul 7 with 986 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Completely agree with Southgate if this is true.
In the matches he’s played Saka has been tremendous and as others have said, offers more over the pitch than Sancho and Foden, who are clearly incredible attacking talents.

I said before the tournament that Walker at RB worries me and he was a bit suspect at times against Ukraine. In the matches before he looked a lot more at ease and offered something in the middle third.. this is in part due to the relationship that’s building with Saka and Walker.
When you look down our left Shaw and Sterling have been very very good. Saka allows Walker to try and do the same down the right so makes the team as a whole stronger.
Agreed (n/t) on 15:36 - Jul 7 with 968 viewsunstableblue

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 15:30 - Jul 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Completely agree with Southgate if this is true.
In the matches he’s played Saka has been tremendous and as others have said, offers more over the pitch than Sancho and Foden, who are clearly incredible attacking talents.

I said before the tournament that Walker at RB worries me and he was a bit suspect at times against Ukraine. In the matches before he looked a lot more at ease and offered something in the middle third.. this is in part due to the relationship that’s building with Saka and Walker.
When you look down our left Shaw and Sterling have been very very good. Saka allows Walker to try and do the same down the right so makes the team as a whole stronger.

Will we are Foden at some point? on 19:12 - Jul 7 with 828 viewsclive_baker

Will we are Foden at some point? on 13:29 - Jul 7 by GeoffSentence

Shame he’s not playing.

I say that as an England fan of course.

Saka coming in for Sancho... on 19:15 - Jul 7 with 810 viewsOldboy

Almost identical to the team I picked. Glad Gareth got my fax.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024