Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club 17:26 - Jul 26 with 4680 viewsBluearmy71

So bloody grateful to gamechanger etc etc for the new ownership and bringing in people who know how to run the club and to Ashton Et Al thank you for running this club the way a club like Ipswich deserves to be run!

I know lots of Town fans will agree the hope we know have for this coming season is a feeling of how we have not experienced for so long, I think it a case before now of saying we had new hope for the start of every previous new season the difference now being we actually believe we have it, the new owners and staff truly making us believe again, thank you!!

So buzzing for this season to start!!
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:29 - Jul 26 with 3422 viewssaffers12

It's so refreshing that they are doing what they said they would

Whilst running this morning thought if Evans in charge still how many and who would we be buying ?
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:36 - Jul 26 with 3344 viewsRegencyBlue

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:29 - Jul 26 by saffers12

It's so refreshing that they are doing what they said they would

Whilst running this morning thought if Evans in charge still how many and who would we be buying ?

Under Evans we would still be shopping in Poundland and heading for the Fourth Division!
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 3332 viewsJ2BLUE

To think there were people who wanted Evans to stay just in case the new owners were bad. I think Evans has been exposed even more since the new owners came in for what an utter shambles his time as owner really was.

Hopefully everyone now sees sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:38 - Jul 26 with 3329 viewssaffers12

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:36 - Jul 26 by RegencyBlue

Under Evans we would still be shopping in Poundland and heading for the Fourth Division!

Ward would have had a contract extension
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 3220 viewsHighgateBlue

I agree that it's wonderful to have some positivity back, and fresh blood, and on paper our transfer dealings look good. My only reservation is that I felt similar optimism under Hurst and I was very wrong then, so I don't trust myself! Hopefully the results will be commensurate with the vibe that's been generated, and the work that's been done.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:58 - Jul 26 with 3132 viewschrismakin

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:38 - Jul 26 by saffers12

Ward would have had a contract extension

Chambers would have signed a 4 year deal.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:00 - Jul 26 with 3117 viewssaffers12

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:58 - Jul 26 by chrismakin

Chambers would have signed a 4 year deal.

Nome of the players we have signed would have been on the radar
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:02 - Jul 26 with 3096 viewsJ2BLUE

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:00 - Jul 26 by saffers12

Nome of the players we have signed would have been on the radar

We would have gone for Mullin, lost out and then LON would have said we can't compete with Wrexham.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:11 - Jul 26 with 3015 viewsChurchman

The difference is that every season for years have shut my eyes and hoped for the best. The season after the play off attempt I thought ‘maybe’ until we were given a hiding by Brighton in about the 5th game. With Evans it was hope the manager could dig us out of the Championship before the next set of empty promises and cuts.

This season I am totally relaxed about it. Whether we smash this rubbish League or struggle, the club is getting stronger for the first time in 20 years. With a strong organisation success will come.

The owners appear to be delivering everything they said they would.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 18:40]
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:20 - Jul 26 with 2948 viewsRyorry

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:49 - Jul 26 by HighgateBlue

I agree that it's wonderful to have some positivity back, and fresh blood, and on paper our transfer dealings look good. My only reservation is that I felt similar optimism under Hurst and I was very wrong then, so I don't trust myself! Hopefully the results will be commensurate with the vibe that's been generated, and the work that's been done.

It's the *structural* changes that I see as most important. I really like the way we look to be getting a decent Sports Science dept. in place - the lack of that was a massive failing by Evans over 13 years and quite possibly at the root of our woes.

We've just appointed Ivan Mukandi as head of strength and conditioning. I don't know the guy, but he has an ace CV & looks like an excellent appointment - it's no use having great players if they're spending most of their time in the treatment room or having to be subbed at h/t simply because they're cream-crackered.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:17 - Jul 26 with 2721 viewsMattinLondon

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 18:02 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

We would have gone for Mullin, lost out and then LON would have said we can't compete with Wrexham.

Is LON still at the club?
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:23 - Jul 26 with 2690 viewsBluearmy71

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:17 - Jul 26 by MattinLondon

Is LON still at the club?

He is, I heard or saw him mentioned the other day!
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:29 - Jul 26 with 2658 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

I'm not numbers crunching at this point, but to me it seems like we have not spent much money with some shrewd transfers in and out. Plus we have got rid of nearly all of last years 50+ player squad.
Just think how big those balls are to do what the new owners and manger has done.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:31 - Jul 26 with 2640 viewsOldboy

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:36 - Jul 26 by RegencyBlue

Under Evans, Chambers would be player manager.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:38 - Jul 26 with 2586 viewschrismakin

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:37 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

To think there were people who wanted Evans to stay just in case the new owners were bad. I think Evans has been exposed even more since the new owners came in for what an utter shambles his time as owner really was.

What sort of poster would have been against it....................... ;)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:43 - Jul 26 with 2561 viewsIllinoisblue

It may yet go wrong on the pitch and let’s face it, we literally have an entire new team to gel together - but how nice it is to see people in defined roles and us generally acting like a professional football club instead of winging it and being served up piles of spin and sheeite from Evans every few years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 20:08 - Jul 26 with 2438 viewsMattinLondon

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:38 - Jul 26 by chrismakin

What sort of poster would have been against it....................... ;)

Some were defending, and even praising Evans well into last season. Bizarre.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 20:45 - Jul 26 with 2320 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:43 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

It may yet go wrong on the pitch and let’s face it, we literally have an entire new team to gel together - but how nice it is to see people in defined roles and us generally acting like a professional football club instead of winging it and being served up piles of spin and sheeite from Evans every few years.

Although that could all be meaningless if our CEO isn’t allowed to decorate the turnstiles...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 20:54 - Jul 26 with 2275 viewsElderGrizzly

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 19:43 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

Clearly the new owners are keeping to their word so far 3 months in, but then so did Evans when he joined with the signings.

The difference now is we have experienced people running the club who know how to work on a budget and put the right structure in place. Both backroom staff and strategy for the club.

The real test for the new owners will of course be when something goes wrong (which it will) and how much they want to throw at it to make it right? Will they make quick decisions (unlike Evans)?

Our owners are relatively inexperienced at this level of the game, so they will heavily rely on Ashton and O'Leary to continue to run it how they need to.

And the end game - how long until the pension fund asks for a return/profit?
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 20:58 - Jul 26 with 2252 viewsReuser_is_God

Indeed.

Made me laugh early in the summer when people were saying “we’re signing so many staff when what we need is players”

The reality is that those staff were required as well due to the Evans’ neglect.

On that note, I hope the new S&C bloke has a zoom account.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 21:16 - Jul 26 with 2172 viewsChurchman

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 20:54 - Jul 26 by ElderGrizzly

Clearly the new owners are keeping to their word so far 3 months in, but then so did Evans when he joined with the signings.

The difference now is we have experienced people running the club who know how to work on a budget and put the right structure in place. Both backroom staff and strategy for the club.

The real test for the new owners will of course be when something goes wrong (which it will) and how much they want to throw at it to make it right? Will they make quick decisions (unlike Evans)?

Our owners are relatively inexperienced at this level of the game, so they will heavily rely on Ashton and O'Leary to continue to run it how they need to.

And the end game - how long until the pension fund asks for a return/profit?

I don’t think there are many similarities of the first three months of Evans with the first three of the new owners.

Differences include their willingness to communicate, the fact that they are investing more in the stadium in 3 or 4 months than Evans managed in 14 years. They have retained a manager with a track record, Evans employed a clueless madman sacked by his previous club. GC have appointed an experienced Chairman and CEO, followed by the appointment of 21st century support team. Evans appointed an idiot whose crowning achievement was a tin of paint for the turnstile. Ashton is setting up a recruitment team. Evans got mugged off by agents and clubs trying their luck on clueless managers.

The owners have invested a lot in this. They know they’re not going to get any return until we make the PL. I think they know what they’ve got themselves into and I don’t think it’s an Evans style fast buck quick flip attempt.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 02:24 - Jul 27 with 1933 viewsIPS_wich

The thing that's so different this time is we have square pegs in square holes.

We all fell in love with Lambert because he was the face of the club and did all of the PR stuff we lapped up. It's only once we realised he was a sh1te manager that things went sour - after all, that's all he was employed to do.

We now have PR people doing the PR, recruiting people doing recruitment and the manager managing. We don't need Cook to be doing everything - we need him coaching and then picking the right team to play the game style he has coached.

It's not rocket science, most good businesses have the right people in the right roles doing a job they are qualified to do.
What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 05:52 - Jul 27 with 1831 viewsBondiBlue

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 17:37 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

I'm sorry, but the new owners have done nothing yet except spend more money. I'm reserving judgement until we're back in the championship and/or financially sustainable.

Poll: Which would you accept?

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 06:40 - Jul 27 with 1756 viewsLeoMuff

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 05:52 - Jul 27 by BondiBlue

I'm sorry, but the new owners have done nothing yet except spend more money. I'm reserving judgement until we're back in the championship and/or financially sustainable.

I don’t agree, there is clearly a structure and plan going on with our recruitment which is refreshing. Previously we would chase our target for months until the window nearly closed only to miss out and end up with a loan, we seem to get it done or move on now, and we seem to be getting in players with re sale value and potential to improve to a higher level.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 07:07 - Jul 27 with 1678 viewsBluearmy71

What a bloody difference it makes having football people running the club on 06:40 - Jul 27 by LeoMuff

I don’t agree, there is clearly a structure and plan going on with our recruitment which is refreshing. Previously we would chase our target for months until the window nearly closed only to miss out and end up with a loan, we seem to get it done or move on now, and we seem to be getting in players with re sale value and potential to improve to a higher level.

He's either stupid or a troll, or that's what he's coming across as with such a comment, I think the later but both reasons are good enough not to bother answering such a silly comment!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024