Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… 22:01 - Aug 9 with 2523 viewsKieran_Knows

… we really have screwed them over. Offered a far more superior financial package. Although of course the deal isn’t inked here yet.

[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 22:02]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:03 - Aug 9 with 2422 viewschrismakin

Superior offer could £5 more.

Cowleys pssed as they decided to spend £10 mill on the stadium and he hasnt got a pot to pss in. Hes been making it known for months

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:05 - Aug 9 with 2382 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't that simply the nature of transfer dealings?

Players listen to offers, clubs offer what they think is right for the player within their own budget. There may be some tooing and froing but then the player signs for the best overall package.

How many times have we been beaten to a player? Isn't it nice to be able to compete and not to pay outrageous sums above what a player is worth?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:15 - Aug 9 with 2134 viewsborge

Morrell is going there rather than here according to his parents.
Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:20 - Aug 9 with 2022 viewsSomethingBlue

Played the best football of his career under Cowley so I do wonder if it’s quite as sure a thing as people think. Lad needs a good home at this point and he will both trust Cowley and know he’s first choice there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:21 - Aug 9 with 1987 viewspointofblue

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:20 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Played the best football of his career under Cowley so I do wonder if it’s quite as sure a thing as people think. Lad needs a good home at this point and he will both trust Cowley and know he’s first choice there.

That’s where are issue lies, of course - how can we promise him first team football over Evans and Harper?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:21 - Aug 9 with 1977 viewschrismakin

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:15 - Aug 9 by borge

I would be surprised if he came here. No way would he be first choice. And despite knowing we will change things up over the season. He can have it easy at pompy.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:25 - Aug 9 with 1875 viewsITFC_RDM

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:15 - Aug 9 by borge

I could well see that. Obviously the money is a huge thing, but I think Morrell knows he's at a stage in his career where he needs to start playing regularly if he wants to carry on his international career. He seems a pretty grounded lad. I think Pompey would offer him more guarantee of playing regular.

I really hope he does come to us though. Solid player, especially at this level.
Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 1768 viewspointofblue

Are you the poster who said they knew Morrell’s dad earlier? Otherwise, is there proof of this please?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 1646 viewsitfcjoe

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:20 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

He also took a big pay cut to leave Bristol City as was desperate for first team football so is someone who seems to know what is important to his career - of the back of a wasted season at Luton

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 07:42 - Aug 10 with 959 viewsborge

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:31 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Are you the poster who said they knew Morrell’s dad earlier? Otherwise, is there proof of this please?

I think you'll find there is proof now 😜
Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 07:52 - Aug 10 with 864 viewsITFCBlues

Bit more on ours (and Portsmouth’s) pursuit of Joe Morrell in here… on 22:38 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He also took a big pay cut to leave Bristol City as was desperate for first team football so is someone who seems to know what is important to his career - of the back of a wasted season at Luton

I suspect this may well of been a key factor in his decision. He'd have come here as 3rd choice at best? I sususpect Harper and Evans will be first choice - at least for now. More chance of first team football there.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024