Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? 11:06 - Aug 21 with 4062 viewsOldboy

Last I heard his house had had a fire and he was kipping with family or friends. Hope all is ok with him. He is a controversial lad and a bit of a wind up merchant, but brought a bit of humour to the forum.
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:37 - Aug 21 with 2110 viewsJ2BLUE

He quit the forum.

I believe there was a fundraiser for him which he very kindly asked to be donated to charity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:41 - Aug 21 with 2096 viewsVic

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:37 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

He quit the forum.

I believe there was a fundraiser for him which he very kindly asked to be donated to charity.

He quit after a fundraiser?

Must have been something that was said/done during the meltdown we experienced on here a few weeks ago.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:47 - Aug 21 with 2055 viewsbluelagos

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:41 - Aug 21 by Vic

Must have been something that was said/done during the meltdown we experienced on here a few weeks ago.

Don't think the two were related. Was some weeks inbetween and there was no issues with the fundraiser which he generously refused to take.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:48 - Aug 21 with 2054 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:41 - Aug 21 by Vic

I didn't mean to make it sound like that.

I think he was being loyal to Spruce. There was a big split in the board and I don't think he liked some of the stuff said about Spruce.

I was on the other side but i'm trying to be completely neutral with how i'm describing what happened.

Truly impaired.

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsVic

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:48 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

I think he was being loyal to Spruce. There was a big split in the board and I don't think he liked some of the stuff said about Spruce.

I was on the other side but i'm trying to be completely neutral with how i'm describing what happened.

Yep, you’re right. He was very grateful and humble about the fundraiser. It was just a bit sad that he bit the dust on here so soon afterwards, but as far as I was concerned he and Sprucey were getting fairly argumentative and dismissive of almost anyone who differed from their opinion. This place has generally been a better place the last few weeks, IMHO.

Footers was a decent enough lad.... on 11:59 - Aug 21 with 1978 viewsBloots

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:48 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

....he was just led astray by the bigger boys.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:21 - Aug 21 with 1912 viewswkj

I know him well, and the short and polite version was he had grown frustrated by some goings ons and individuals on the board and decided to no be a part of it anymore. Not being influenced by others who had made similar decisions, as speculated on this post already.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:29 - Aug 21 with 1843 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:21 - Aug 21 by wkj

I know him well, and the short and polite version was he had grown frustrated by some goings ons and individuals on the board and decided to no be a part of it anymore. Not being influenced by others who had made similar decisions, as speculated on this post already.

Is it not fair to say the debate about Spruce lit the spark?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:30 - Aug 21 with 1830 viewsVic

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:29 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Crumbs, don’t bring Sparks into it as well!

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:31 - Aug 21 with 1828 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I miss the dear chap on here.
Give him my best wishes.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

bloots is ok. on 12:31 - Aug 21 with 1820 viewsjaykay

Footers was a decent enough lad.... on 11:59 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....he was just led astray by the bigger boys.

except he is a poor fishers tribute act.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 1810 viewswkj

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:31 - Aug 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

I miss the dear chap on here.
Give him my best wishes.

He called you a haslet muncher - though I assume that is a good thing to be called by those who engage in the devil's food.

I am planning to have lunch with him in Camden Market soon, so I fear I am now going to be subjected to this abomination.

Crybaby

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:36 - Aug 21 with 1805 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, he clearly had his own mind, which was often in stark contrast to those who got agitated by him.

Give him my best wishes and hope to see him back someday.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:39 - Aug 21 with 1784 viewsleitrimblue

That's a real shame, he always came over as a complete gent. Send him my regards, him an Jeera are both a big loss to the board
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 1750 viewswkj

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:39 - Aug 21 by leitrimblue

That's a real shame, he always came over as a complete gent. Send him my regards, him an Jeera are both a big loss to the board

Indeed. I am obviously biased in this case - but I do often say that losing people on the board is rarely a benefit overall, especially when they're good conversationalists. I do hope to see Jeera come back soon myself, as he would often send a reassuring PM during the witching hour when life was going pretty sh*t.

Crybaby

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:49 - Aug 21 with 1721 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:35 - Aug 21 by wkj

He called you a haslet muncher - though I assume that is a good thing to be called by those who engage in the devil's food.

I am planning to have lunch with him in Camden Market soon, so I fear I am now going to be subjected to this abomination.

We do indeed share a love of the for mentioned comestible.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:56 - Aug 21 with 1674 viewsGuthrum

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:35 - Aug 21 by wkj

Convey him my best wishes also.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:57 - Aug 21 with 1672 viewsKeno

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:29 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Do you have any evidence for that?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:57 - Aug 21 with 1665 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:57 - Aug 21 by Keno

Do you have any evidence for that?

Bully.

Truly impaired.

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:58 - Aug 21 with 1659 viewsDigger77

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:54 - Aug 21 by Vic

Yep, you’re right. He was very grateful and humble about the fundraiser. It was just a bit sad that he bit the dust on here so soon afterwards, but as far as I was concerned he and Sprucey were getting fairly argumentative and dismissive of almost anyone who differed from their opinion. This place has generally been a better place the last few weeks, IMHO.

Much better here since 'that weekend'.
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:58 - Aug 21 with 1655 viewsHerbivore

Tell him he's a prick from me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 13:08 - Aug 21 with 1598 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:30 - Aug 21 by Vic

Crumbs, don’t bring Sparks into it as well!

Still a fab song after all these years...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 13:13 - Aug 21 with 1574 viewsOldboy

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 11:54 - Aug 21 by Vic

Him and Spucemoose were the same person though, right? Always on here together covering each others backs. Shame they have gone, but like you say, probably for the best for the forum.
Is this when we guess his new username?
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 13:16 - Aug 21 with 1551 viewsOldboy

Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 12:39 - Aug 21 by leitrimblue

Jeera gone as well? That was some weekend I missed.
Anyone heard from that Footers chap? on 13:37 - Aug 21 with 1474 viewschrismakin

nope, thankfully.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024