Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant 12:38 - Sep 2 with 940 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Afternoon all. Huge long shot, but thought I would post on here as my own research isn't going too well, on the small chance someone can suggest something.

I qualified a couple of weeks ago with a physiotherapy degree, and for some months I have been doing research into job opportunities on the continent for someone with my level/type of qualification, for really any type of healthcare/public health type roles.

I've pretty much drawn a blank so far, having checked out organisations such as WHO, for example.

I would also be willing to use my degree to get a job in another different industry on the continent, if anyone is aware of any jobs/companies for English speakers which require a degree qualification of any description.

A bit vague in places, but basically, does anyone know anywhere I could look at as an English speaker, re working in Europe as a university graduate (even if the specific field is relevant or not)? I do speak intermediate French as well, although I'm a bit rusty at the moment.

Any pointers hugely welcome. Thank you.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:46 - Sep 2 with 902 viewsnoggin

I imagine you'll struggle in most of Europe without speaking the language. Not everyone can understand English.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:53 - Sep 2 with 875 viewsThisIsMyUsername

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:46 - Sep 2 by noggin

I imagine you'll struggle in most of Europe without speaking the language. Not everyone can understand English.

Yes, it will make it more challenging. There must be something out there which ticks my boxes, though. Just a case of finding it.

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:53 - Sep 2 with 869 viewsfactual_blue

Get Behind Your Country, you Remoaner Snowflake.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:58 - Sep 2 with 857 viewsnoggin

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:53 - Sep 2 by ThisIsMyUsername

Yes, it will make it more challenging. There must be something out there which ticks my boxes, though. Just a case of finding it.

Professional sports clubs would probably need English speaking physios. Most football teams have players from all corners of the world.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 13:04 - Sep 2 with 841 viewsElephantintheRoom

You have to face the Brexit bonus - any employer in the £U has to justify not giving the job to an EU citizen. They also have cost implications taking on non-EU citizens

Healthcare in many EU countries is very difficult, FRance especially, to get into as they actually train and educate their own citizens - something the UK has been a tad remiss on for half a century - relying on taking ready educated and trained staff from the EU - and rather shamefully, third world countries.

You might be better off registering as a micro-entrpreneur and working for yourself in the first instance - if possible. Or marry an EU citizen. If you can stand living in France in areas where there are high numbers of UK ex-pats you may be able to build up a private clientell for all those yoga injuries and wine-glass elbow. There are a number of facebook groups where people might be able to share their experiences and knowledge - Brexit has put plenty of people in the same boat.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 13:15 - Sep 2 with 807 viewsThisIsMyUsername

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 13:04 - Sep 2 by ElephantintheRoom

You have to face the Brexit bonus - any employer in the £U has to justify not giving the job to an EU citizen. They also have cost implications taking on non-EU citizens

Healthcare in many EU countries is very difficult, FRance especially, to get into as they actually train and educate their own citizens - something the UK has been a tad remiss on for half a century - relying on taking ready educated and trained staff from the EU - and rather shamefully, third world countries.

You might be better off registering as a micro-entrpreneur and working for yourself in the first instance - if possible. Or marry an EU citizen. If you can stand living in France in areas where there are high numbers of UK ex-pats you may be able to build up a private clientell for all those yoga injuries and wine-glass elbow. There are a number of facebook groups where people might be able to share their experiences and knowledge - Brexit has put plenty of people in the same boat.

Thank you. Just going there and looking for ex-pats to work with is also another viable option, as you say.

I've just found a site called 'graduateland' which lists a lot of jobs all over the world in different industries, including unpaid internships (for example I am looking at one right now for a 'Health Junior Associate' in Copenhagen). So there are things out there.

F**k Brexit.

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 14:46 - Sep 2 with 724 viewsearlsgreenblue

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:58 - Sep 2 by noggin

Professional sports clubs would probably need English speaking physios. Most football teams have players from all corners of the world.

An interesting comment from a South African well badged referee, 1 x badge away from a UEFA level, here in Madeira made to me the other week suggests,
“ To get in to Maritimo here in Funchal, I’d need university level Portuguese”
So to me that suggests a high level of local language skills, at least here in Portugal/Madeira before anything else.
EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 15:53 - Sep 2 with 687 viewsEireannach_gorm

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 12:46 - Sep 2 by noggin

We understand it in Ireland but only if you speak slowly.
Login to get fewer ads

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 15:55 - Sep 2 with 682 viewsSwansea_Blue

You don't need to speak the language to poke people

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 671 viewsEireannach_gorm

EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 15:55 - Sep 2 by Swansea_Blue

You don't need to speak the language to poke people

You do if you don't want to get poked back.
EU-based organisations for UK healthcare-qualified applicant on 17:51 - Sep 2 with 613 viewsArnoldMoorhen

It's not what you asked, but if I were in your position I would give serious consideration to Canada. The immigration process is very straightforward and fair. You would have a clear sense of whether you are likely to have enough points with some research. English speaking with some French and English speaking provinces. Vancouver is the closest to an English climate- some areas are very hot in summer, most of Canada is extremely cold in winter.

Once Covid is over you could also look at Australia or New Zealand. Or Fiji. Or Tonga. Or how about Hawaii?

Or, and this is a bit of a left-field suggestion, have you looked at Gibraltar?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024