Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now, PC 10:44 - Sep 10 with 337 viewschrismakin

Don't get me wrong, I may have shown a slight positivity towards the fella and the future.
But I'm still able to hold a a balanced view. And one thing that really bugs the fk out of me is what's said 24 hours before a game.

Gelling, time, etc time and place for this imo. Not before a game.

We've had similar talk from recent managers before games, not about gelling but one of a slight negative way... What ever happened to looking forward to fixtures. " We've had a good couple of weeks training with the lads, can't wait for tomorrow's game and we hope come 4:45 we've earned our first win of the season"

Nothing major about the above, and you'll prob say that doesn't really show anything, which is true. But it's just a pet hate of mine where we've gone from positive " concentrate on our game and get 3 points to there's a reason we didn' win, before the ball is kicked.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Now, PC on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 303 viewshomer_123

Far too much store is placed on what is said by Managers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Now, PC on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 291 viewspointofblue

My worry is he’s saying it because he is still seeing problems in training which will, in all likelihood, manifest on the pitch itself. Every match so far seems to be an attempt to lower expectations.

With the quality in the squad, we should be able to beat the vast majority of teams in this division even with the gelling issue. The fact we’ve struggled to do is a slight concern.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now, PC on 10:48 - Sep 10 with 271 viewsjayessess

that's how it goes when you aren't winning though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024