Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Always enjoy Flower of Scotland 16:58 - Oct 9 with 450 viewsRyorry

Rousing stuff

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 17:08 - Oct 9 with 424 viewsSwansea_Blue

England's got the short straw for anthems. We need our own rather than the dirge of GSTQ. N. Ireland struggles a bit too with Danny Boy for some events but GSTQ for others.

Flower of Scotland and Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau are absolutely immense. Possibly 2 of the best anthems globally when the crowd joins in at sporting events, but then I'm biased after 24 yrs in Wales. Up the Celts!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 17:31 - Oct 9 with 400 viewsGuthrum

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 17:08 - Oct 9 by Swansea_Blue

England's got the short straw for anthems. We need our own rather than the dirge of GSTQ. N. Ireland struggles a bit too with Danny Boy for some events but GSTQ for others.

Flower of Scotland and Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau are absolutely immense. Possibly 2 of the best anthems globally when the crowd joins in at sporting events, but then I'm biased after 24 yrs in Wales. Up the Celts!

Tho Ireland tend to use this for their combined teams in other sports:

England's problem is that GSTQ is a very old and early anthem compared with most. Put together in 1745, it has more the cadence of a hymn than the rousing military-type marches which came in with the Marseillaise at the end of the 18th century and were stylistically copied by the younger European, American and post-colonial regimes in the following two centuries.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 21:29 - Oct 9 with 340 viewsChurchman

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 17:08 - Oct 9 by Swansea_Blue

The Welsh one is awesome. The Scottish one, a dirge. England’s? The worst. We need an anthem of our own.

My favourite? The Italian one. Just when you think it’s over, it kicks on! Brilliant.
Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 21:48 - Oct 9 with 315 viewsfactual_blue

Always enjoy Flower of Scotland on 21:29 - Oct 9 by Churchman

The Welsh one is awesome. The Scottish one, a dirge. England’s? The worst. We need an anthem of our own.

My favourite? The Italian one. Just when you think it’s over, it kicks on! Brilliant.

The Russian anthem is a great tune.

We should use this

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024