Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mildly concerning 17:40 - Apr 16 with 713 viewsjayessess

- Not great to go into the Summer on the back of this sort of run. Another 2 weeks of these results is going to dampen a fair bit of the enthusiasm for next year.

- Don't think you could claim a single one of our forwards is in good form right now, not the strikers, not the attacking midfielders. Let's hope it's temporary rather than systemic.

- Thought after Plymouth we'd boss all 6 of our remaining games, even if we didn't win them. Again, let's hope Cambridge and Rotherham getting on top of us was just circumstantial rather than about teams working us out.

On the bright side, Baggott did well.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Mildly concerning on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 685 viewsIllinoisblue

Might not be a bad thing if expectations are lowered. We haven’t properly troubled the top six for three straight seasons in division 3. We’re not good enough and there’s a lot of work to do this summer.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Mildly concerning on 17:57 - Apr 16 with 647 viewsScuzzer

Mildly concerning on 17:46 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Might not be a bad thing if expectations are lowered. We haven’t properly troubled the top six for three straight seasons in division 3. We’re not good enough and there’s a lot of work to do this summer.

Agreed. Was saying the same to the wife. Probably will turn out to be blessing in disguise.

Established 1968

Mildly concerning on 17:58 - Apr 16 with 637 viewspointofblue

I know I keep repeating the point, but how the heck is this squad weaker than nine others?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mildly concerning on 17:58 - Apr 16 with 637 viewsChurchman

Neither worked us out really. If we had bite up front we’d have been miles down the road v Cambridge and leaving Rotherham with a lot more problems than they got.

Seriously, KM is right. It’s clear where we are falling short. That’s ok now but needs addressing in the summer. Far better than trying to replace a whole team. Please be patient. We weren’t brilliant, but I can see what he’s trying to do and if we get it right, we will be unplayable next season, just as we were at times this.

Baggott? Well played young man! If nothing else, I hoped he would come through showing his potential. He did just fine.

We were never going to challenge this season after Cook’s miserable decision making, but we will next season.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 17:59]
Mildly concerning on 18:01 - Apr 16 with 613 viewspointofblue

Mildly concerning on 17:58 - Apr 16 by Churchman

Neither worked us out really. If we had bite up front we’d have been miles down the road v Cambridge and leaving Rotherham with a lot more problems than they got.

Seriously, KM is right. It’s clear where we are falling short. That’s ok now but needs addressing in the summer. Far better than trying to replace a whole team. Please be patient. We weren’t brilliant, but I can see what he’s trying to do and if we get it right, we will be unplayable next season, just as we were at times this.

Baggott? Well played young man! If nothing else, I hoped he would come through showing his potential. He did just fine.

We were never going to challenge this season after Cook’s miserable decision making, but we will next season.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 17:59]

Our attacking players this season have been Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Celina, Chaplin, Bonne, Jackson, Norwood and Pigott. Players who have proven themselves to be attacking threats at this level or the one above. Especially since McKenna took over, we've got very little out of any of them save for, sporadically, Burns and Jackson. Something isn't right but is it just down to the personnel?

Mildly concerning on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 612 viewsEastTownBlue

Agree. If he didn’t know already, it will make clear to McKenna where we need to strengthen this summer. Also for the supporters as at least three teams will finish on 80+ points and won’t get promoted. We are nowhere near to that.
Mildly concerning on 18:33 - Apr 16 with 545 viewsChurchman

Mildly concerning on 18:01 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Our attacking players this season have been Burns, Edwards, Aluko, Celina, Chaplin, Bonne, Jackson, Norwood and Pigott. Players who have proven themselves to be attacking threats at this level or the one above. Especially since McKenna took over, we've got very little out of any of them save for, sporadically, Burns and Jackson. Something isn't right but is it just down to the personnel?

Well if you want hoofball Wimbledon style, Pigott is your man. But they didn’t make top six if memory serves me right. Norwood? If he had that first half chance another 10 times he still wouldn’t score. He is what he is.

Aluko, Burns, Chaplin, Celina have plenty to offer, but personally I think they need that key dude in the middle. Jackson? Pace to spare but again he needs a person to play off. Another one to retain. Simpson? No idea bar a bit of Swindon footage. Basically watching us, I see a team with plenty of good things in it but we are woefully short up front.

In my opinion, say goodbye to Norwood, Pigott, Bonne and bring in one, possibly two replacements. If that means shipping out one or two others like Burgess (Baggott looks worthy of a first team squad place anyway) so be it. The squad needs adjusting, not wholesale replacement.
Mildly concerning on 18:45 - Apr 16 with 527 viewsRadlett_blue

Mildly concerning on 18:01 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Of the players you mention, Burns has been outstanding.
Bonne started well, but has run dry. I would be interested in signing him, but not for a bog fee.
Aluko I would keep for a year as a squad player.
Chaplin has plenty to offer.
Celina is a luxury player not really suited to this league.
Pigott has looked very ordinary. I think we will get rid if he can be shifted. He did OK for 1 season in a long ball team.
Edwards has ability, but his delivery was dreadfully inconsistent.
Jackson does offer pace & could be kept, but not as a regular starter.
Norwood is a 4th tier striker. Doesn't have the touch to hold up the ball & an erratic finisher. Please no.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Mildly concerning on 18:48 - Apr 16 with 506 viewspointofblue

Mildly concerning on 18:45 - Apr 16 by Radlett_blue

Of the players you mention, Burns has been outstanding.
Bonne started well, but has run dry. I would be interested in signing him, but not for a bog fee.
Aluko I would keep for a year as a squad player.
Chaplin has plenty to offer.
Celina is a luxury player not really suited to this league.
Pigott has looked very ordinary. I think we will get rid if he can be shifted. He did OK for 1 season in a long ball team.
Edwards has ability, but his delivery was dreadfully inconsistent.
Jackson does offer pace & could be kept, but not as a regular starter.
Norwood is a 4th tier striker. Doesn't have the touch to hold up the ball & an erratic finisher. Please no.

But compared to other sides attacking options should we be struggling as much as we are considering the players at our disposal even with their weaknesses. Look at what's happened to Will Keane this season compared to last, for example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024