Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Nottingham Forest 08:00 - Apr 27 with 2686 viewschicoazul

I always think of them as a club very much like us - a once big club fallen on hard times trying to make it back to the big time who have taken plenty of punches.
Just goes to show that it is *possible* to have a huge turnaround in form early in the season if you get the right Manager in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 08:35 - Apr 27 with 2328 viewsSteve_M

Chico we had a turnaround in form with a change of manager, still things to improve but do you really want to join the idiots circle trying to blame this season on McKenna?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Apr 27 with 2252 viewstractorboy1978

Cooper has done a phenomenal job but his 2.05 points per game would still leave us circa 6 points away from the play-offs if replicated over McKenna's 23 games.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:42]
Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:10 - Apr 27 with 2192 viewsHighgateBlue

Well done Nottingham Forest on 08:35 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

Chico we had a turnaround in form with a change of manager, still things to improve but do you really want to join the idiots circle trying to blame this season on McKenna?

McKenna's PPG appears to me to be not quite good enough for top six, but there's no doubt he made a huge difference and achieved remarkable things with what he inherited. He deserves the benefit of the doubt as to why we've stopped scoring. Bonne dried up before he arrived of course, and the others have never been consistent. I don't think there are many who are genuinely blaming McKenna. Mind you, given how positive so many were about Cook right up until he left, nothing would surprise me...
Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:16 - Apr 27 with 2151 viewsBlueBadger

No take is too hot for Chico.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:16 - Apr 27 with 2160 viewsElephantintheRoom

At the risk of upsetting the delusional once again Forest overachieved to an astonishing degree in the Clough era - winning the league, 2x European Cups and more than a few league cups. That’s a bit better than Town managed - but I get your drift. Luton, who won the same number of domestic trophies as Town in the Robson era are recovering rather nicely too. It’s not that long ago that Town were patronising them as somewhere for Flynn Downes to go on loan.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:18 - Apr 27 with 2131 viewsBiGDonnie

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:16 - Apr 27 by ElephantintheRoom

At the risk of upsetting the delusional once again Forest overachieved to an astonishing degree in the Clough era - winning the league, 2x European Cups and more than a few league cups. That’s a bit better than Town managed - but I get your drift. Luton, who won the same number of domestic trophies as Town in the Robson era are recovering rather nicely too. It’s not that long ago that Town were patronising them as somewhere for Flynn Downes to go on loan.

Compare that to what your team have ever won....

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 2121 viewsBlueBadger

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:10 - Apr 27 by HighgateBlue

McKenna's PPG appears to me to be not quite good enough for top six, but there's no doubt he made a huge difference and achieved remarkable things with what he inherited. He deserves the benefit of the doubt as to why we've stopped scoring. Bonne dried up before he arrived of course, and the others have never been consistent. I don't think there are many who are genuinely blaming McKenna. Mind you, given how positive so many were about Cook right up until he left, nothing would surprise me...

There's a certain kind of Town fan who LOVE a crap manager. Of all our crap, banter era managers the only one who doesn't get anyone at all defending him is Hurst. And even then, there's the odd fool who'll say things like 'he'd have done well with these players'.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:27 - Apr 27 with 2092 viewsBluedandy

InbredintheBedroom ... you really need to try harder ...

Appreciate webbed fingers make counting tricky but the only major trophy Luton have won is the League Cup ....

Bless that's your only major trophy too ...
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 2033 viewsBeckets

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:27 - Apr 27 by Bluedandy

Appreciate webbed fingers make counting tricky but the only major trophy Luton have won is the League Cup ....

Luton won the League Cup in 1988. Robson left Ipswich 6 years earlier so their win wasn’t in the Robson era at all. I
Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:40 - Apr 27 with 2000 viewsBluedandy

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:36 - Apr 27 by Beckets

Luton won the League Cup in 1988. Robson left Ipswich 6 years earlier so their win wasn’t in the Robson era at all. I

Bloody hell .... you're right ... it was the John Duncan era ....

In fairness I was delighted Luton beat Arsenal ... Ashley Grimes crossing for Kingsley Black to net the winner if memory serves me correctly.

[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 9:45]
Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 1989 viewscressi

I don't believe Town fans do like a crap manager as has been said. Partly because of finances No Town manager since Joe Royale had done anything except McCarthy for one season and Evans never gave him any money in the January when we needed a couple of players.
As for McKenna comes across well should have decent connections Will have finances and will start getting judged by Xmas next season how football works.
Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:43 - Apr 27 with 1982 viewschicoazul

Not at all, I’m very excited about next season and I think we have legitimate reasons to be excited for the first time in ages.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 1613 viewsstrikalite

Forest were bottom when he took over...

Went to see them against P'Boro last Sat, fighting broke out in the family stand when a few lads brought out a Ukraine flag with Forest written across it, which got a chorus from 4000 Forest fans of "we'll sit where we want, we'll sit where we want, we're Nottingham Forest, we'll sit where we want"...
Well done Nottingham Forest on 18:46 - Apr 27 with 1535 viewsjaykay

so lutons domestic trophies of the league cup and papa johns trophy = the f.a. cup
that's like saying winning the europa conference league is on par with winning the champions league

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Well done Nottingham Forest on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 1473 viewsRadlett_blue

Luton Town's only domestic trophy was the League Cup in 1987-88. Town under Robson won the Fa Cup & UEFA Cup.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 20:44 - Apr 27 with 1418 viewsNthQldITFC

Major trophy, my arse.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Well done Nottingham Forest on 21:30 - Apr 27 with 1363 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Agree with the first part - proper football club, history, good fans (and a decent away day).

Second part is just trolling surely - I thought this was a Frimley post at first.
Well done Nottingham Forest on 21:32 - Apr 27 with 1356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Apr 27 by tractorboy1978

Cooper has done a phenomenal job but his 2.05 points per game would still leave us circa 6 points away from the play-offs if replicated over McKenna's 23 games.

Indeed, the lesson (if Forest gives us a lesson) is that Cook was left in post too long.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well done Nottingham Forest on 21:46 - Apr 27 with 1327 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This is spectacularly poor, even for you.

Why do you only specify domestic trophies? Ipswich won the UEFA Cup during this period.

And, for the record, Ipswich's FA Cup is a higher-ranking trophy than Luton's League Cup.

Interesting that you didn't point out that in the same period Norwich City won less than that, unless the Division Two trophy counts, a trophy that Robson's Ipswich were ineligible for, because they only played in the top Division.
Well done Nottingham Forest on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 1302 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well done Nottingham Forest on 21:46 - Apr 27 by ArnoldMoorhen

This is spectacularly poor, even for you.

Why do you only specify domestic trophies? Ipswich won the UEFA Cup during this period.

And, for the record, Ipswich's FA Cup is a higher-ranking trophy than Luton's League Cup.

Interesting that you didn't point out that in the same period Norwich City won less than that, unless the Division Two trophy counts, a trophy that Robson's Ipswich were ineligible for, because they only played in the top Division.

For someone who is certified as a Town fan he works very hard at being incredibly negative.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well done Nottingham Forest on 10:38 - Apr 28 with 1127 viewsMattinLondon

Well done Nottingham Forest on 22:05 - Apr 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

For someone who is certified as a Town fan he works very hard at being incredibly negative.

He may well be certified but it’s not as a Town fan.
Well done Nottingham Forest on 10:51 - Apr 28 with 1111 viewsChrisd

Well done Nottingham Forest on 09:01 - Apr 27 by tractorboy1978

I love these comparisons, especially when Forest play in a higher standard of football than we currently do. Can I have a comparison on Howe's record at Newcastle United compared to McKenna's 23 games with us please?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Well done Nottingham Forest on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 1102 viewsChrisd

1 point from their first 7 league games under Chris Hughton. 72 points from the next 35 under Steve Cooper, he's done a wonderful job, but what I will say he's got some very good, young talent in that team a sprinkling of homegrown players and ones loaned in like Spence, Davis and Garner. I find them a very exciting side to watch and the way they went toe to toe with Liverpool and Arsenal in the FA Cup was terrific to see. You just sense with them that the momentum is very much on their side, Cooper certainly has something brewing at the City Ground and the excitement is building amongst the fans. However, can he successfully get them through the Championship play offs which he was unable to do with Swansea City twice?! If he gets them promoted, it would be some achievement that's for sure.

Well done Nottingham Forest on 11:07 - Apr 28 with 1096 viewstractorboy1978

Well done Nottingham Forest on 10:51 - Apr 28 by Chrisd

I love these comparisons, especially when Forest play in a higher standard of football than we currently do. Can I have a comparison on Howe's record at Newcastle United compared to McKenna's 23 games with us please?!

I don't really understand your point. It's all relative isn't it, 2.05 ppg is a great return at any level - Wigan are going to win the league with a lower return than that. The fact that even if McKenna achieved that rate we would be 6 points short shows how much work he had to do in his 23 games in charge.
Well done Nottingham Forest on 11:10 - Apr 28 with 1089 viewsChrisd

Well done Nottingham Forest on 11:07 - Apr 28 by tractorboy1978

I don't really understand your point. It's all relative isn't it, 2.05 ppg is a great return at any level - Wigan are going to win the league with a lower return than that. The fact that even if McKenna achieved that rate we would be 6 points short shows how much work he had to do in his 23 games in charge.

Of course it isn't, we play in L1 in a lower standard of football. If we are going to draw comparisons compare it with another club in the same league, not a side that plays in a better standard of football who'll face tougher opposition week in, week out.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024