Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky/new keeper 09:58 - Apr 30 with 930 viewsStu_boy

If or when hladky moved on would you back hayes to be a regular number 2 given walton will be number 1 or would you go and get an experienced number 2 in the same mould as a paddy kenny, perhaps someone like frank fielding?
Hladky/new keeper on 10:01 - Apr 30 with 908 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Experienced solid pro happy to play back up for me

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Hladky/new keeper on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 868 viewsjas0999

We will bring in experienced back in case Walton is out.
[Redacted] on 10:25 - Apr 30 with 848 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Hladky/new keeper on 10:26 - Apr 30 with 840 viewsChrisd

Hladky/new keeper on 10:01 - Apr 30 by BlueandTruesince82

Experienced solid pro happy to play back up for me

Why? We’ve just resigned Hayes, he’s 23 not a complete novice. Stick him on the bench. We get an experienced keeper in, I’d then ask where’s the pathway?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 10:29]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

[Redacted] on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 813 viewsvictorywilhappen

Hladky/new keeper on 10:26 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

Why? We’ve just resigned Hayes, he’s 23 not a complete novice. Stick him on the bench. We get an experienced keeper in, I’d then ask where’s the pathway?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 10:29]

[Redacted]
Hladky/new keeper on 10:34 - Apr 30 with 797 viewsJ2BLUE

We're desperate for promotion and people want to skimp on adequate keeper cover? It makes no sense. Bring in a decent number 2 and have Hayes as third choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hladky/new keeper on 10:52 - Apr 30 with 747 viewsTomTheWriter

Wouldn’t be surprised if we signed an Adam Przybek type goalkeeper if Hladky leaves. Handful of goalkeepers get released from Premier League clubs in the summer, and we know that they are trained to be comfortable on the ball first, and then focus on the intricacies of goalkeeping after that.

Easier to train someone to dive than it is to get them to ping it 50 yards to a winger.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised if we did go senior, you just don’t want it to be a decent chunk of wage. Very strong mix in League One of - 2 senior goalkeepers, 1 senior and 1 loan, 1 senior and 1 youth.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Hladky/new keeper on 11:20 - Apr 30 with 707 viewsBlueandTruesince82

[Redacted] on 10:31 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yeah this hence my happy play back up comment.

Still need to keep Walton in his toes a little bit.

If Walton was out for a spell would anyone want Hayes coming in?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky/new keeper on 13:19 - Apr 30 with 581 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hladky/new keeper on 11:20 - Apr 30 by BlueandTruesince82

Yeah this hence my happy play back up comment.

Still need to keep Walton in his toes a little bit.

If Walton was out for a spell would anyone want Hayes coming in?

The answer to this really depends on how good Hayes is. I think we would want 3 keepers on our books so the question is who comes in for Hladky (we need better) and whether (next season) they are ahead of Hayes in the ranking. I would say an experienced head happy to be second choice is the way to go. If they end up behind Hayes in the pecking order it would be because Hayes is doing well rather than simply because we have made an easier pathway. Players have to be good enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hladky/new keeper on 14:44 - Apr 30 with 514 viewsChrisd

Hladky/new keeper on 13:19 - Apr 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

The answer to this really depends on how good Hayes is. I think we would want 3 keepers on our books so the question is who comes in for Hladky (we need better) and whether (next season) they are ahead of Hayes in the ranking. I would say an experienced head happy to be second choice is the way to go. If they end up behind Hayes in the pecking order it would be because Hayes is doing well rather than simply because we have made an easier pathway. Players have to be good enough.

I’d be questioning why they’ve resigned a 23 year old keeper if they didn’t think he was good enough? Luton Town have got a lad currently playing in goal for their first team (due to injuries) - Harry Isted, whose background is mainly non league - Chesham, Oxford City and Wealdstone. Seems to be doing alright with a side looking like they will make the Championship play offs.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 15:29]

[Redacted] on 15:36 - Apr 30 with 451 viewsvictorywilhappen

Hladky/new keeper on 14:44 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

I’d be questioning why they’ve resigned a 23 year old keeper if they didn’t think he was good enough? Luton Town have got a lad currently playing in goal for their first team (due to injuries) - Harry Isted, whose background is mainly non league - Chesham, Oxford City and Wealdstone. Seems to be doing alright with a side looking like they will make the Championship play offs.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 15:29]

[Redacted]
Hladky/new keeper on 15:48 - Apr 30 with 423 viewsChrisd

[Redacted] on 15:36 - Apr 30 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

We might, but the fact Hayes has been here before and the club have gone out and resigned him tells me they see something in him. He's 23, not 18 and lets not forget we play in L1, not the EPL or even the Championship. Sometimes we need to be brave and give those players a chance. If the club think Hayes is good enough then make him the No.2.

[Redacted] on 15:54 - Apr 30 with 402 viewsvictorywilhappen

Hladky/new keeper on 15:48 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

We might, but the fact Hayes has been here before and the club have gone out and resigned him tells me they see something in him. He's 23, not 18 and lets not forget we play in L1, not the EPL or even the Championship. Sometimes we need to be brave and give those players a chance. If the club think Hayes is good enough then make him the No.2.

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024