Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester in the cup 14:45 - Jun 23 with 1002 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Probably the best draw for interest we’ve had in this comp in years. I might even bother coming

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Colchester in the cup on 14:50 - Jun 23 with 952 viewsStenvict

We play Colchester every season, whether it's a friendly or the Papa Johns. This is such a boring fixture now. They'll bring a few hundred teenagers thinking it's a massive rivalry looking to start fights, we won't care.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Colchester in the cup on 15:26 - Jun 23 with 846 viewsHARRY10

I wouldn't get that exited, chap

maybe just go to the game instead
Colchester in the cup on 15:48 - Jun 23 with 798 viewsSTYG

Colchester in the cup on 14:50 - Jun 23 by Stenvict

We play Colchester every season, whether it's a friendly or the Papa Johns. This is such a boring fixture now. They'll bring a few hundred teenagers thinking it's a massive rivalry looking to start fights, we won't care.

If such records were available, I'd argue that Colchester's away contingent, in the Pizza Cup last season, was the highest ratio of young teenage boys that there has ever been in any away following.

Counted a few women, a few middle aged men and everyone else was a 15 year old giving the big un, offering 20st Town fans outside and chanting about a YouTuber.
Colchester in the cup on 15:52 - Jun 23 with 786 viewsOldsmoker

Colchester in the cup on 15:48 - Jun 23 by STYG

If such records were available, I'd argue that Colchester's away contingent, in the Pizza Cup last season, was the highest ratio of young teenage boys that there has ever been in any away following.

Counted a few women, a few middle aged men and everyone else was a 15 year old giving the big un, offering 20st Town fans outside and chanting about a YouTuber.

Down with this sort of thing, Careful now, they'll be 16 this season.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Colchester in the cup on 15:54 - Jun 23 with 780 viewsclive_baker

Ipswich v Ipswich Vets

Sounds like a charity game or something. Scouts selling hotdogs in the car park, all takings to St Johns Ambulance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Colchester in the cup on 15:57 - Jun 23 with 773 viewsSTYG

Colchester in the cup on 15:52 - Jun 23 by Oldsmoker

Down with this sort of thing, Careful now, they'll be 16 this season.

They were all in McDonalds on Cardinal Park at the same time beforehand as well, politely asking for nuggets and fries.

Took the edge of the faux threats they then made during the match. Didn't quite believe it was a tear up they'd come for.
Colchester in the cup on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 763 viewsclive_baker

Colchester in the cup on 15:57 - Jun 23 by STYG

They were all in McDonalds on Cardinal Park at the same time beforehand as well, politely asking for nuggets and fries.

Took the edge of the faux threats they then made during the match. Didn't quite believe it was a tear up they'd come for.

Nobody goes to Mcdonalds for beef

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Colchester in the cup on 15:59 - Jun 23 with 756 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, prob the best tie we could get as at home, should win, and should get a decent crowd.

When you see teams like Cardiff, Exeter, etc in out half of the draw avoiding a long midweek trip is the only thing fans should be worried about for this tie - we've got enough travelling to do this season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Colchester in the cup on 16:05 - Jun 23 with 704 viewsSharkey

Colchester in the cup on 15:48 - Jun 23 by STYG

Some would say just as well, because in that stand there’s not the legroom for anyone taller than five foot.

But you’re right, Colchester’s away support is disproportionately full of lads, mid-teens up to about 22. The away support is generally very good. ( For example, 450 at Bristol Rovers on a Tuesday in March.)

And while crowds at Colchester are horribly low at the moment, at least the demographic is reasonably young. I’d be more worried if it was 2500 people my age and older .
Colchester in the cup on 16:07 - Jun 23 with 687 viewsSTYG

Colchester in the cup on 16:05 - Jun 23 by Sharkey

Some would say just as well, because in that stand there’s not the legroom for anyone taller than five foot.

But you’re right, Colchester’s away support is disproportionately full of lads, mid-teens up to about 22. The away support is generally very good. ( For example, 450 at Bristol Rovers on a Tuesday in March.)

And while crowds at Colchester are horribly low at the moment, at least the demographic is reasonably young. I’d be more worried if it was 2500 people my age and older .

Absolutely.

In some ways it was nice to see. Short trip on the train or in a mates car. They sang throughout and created an atmosphere well above a meaningless cup tie.

Clearly they hate us and it was all good fun, but still quite funny when a 8st child is giving it the big one to a bloke three times his size, bless them.
Colchester in the cup on 16:16 - Jun 23 with 667 viewsSharkey

Colchester in the cup on 16:07 - Jun 23 by STYG

Absolutely.

In some ways it was nice to see. Short trip on the train or in a mates car. They sang throughout and created an atmosphere well above a meaningless cup tie.

Clearly they hate us and it was all good fun, but still quite funny when a 8st child is giving it the big one to a bloke three times his size, bless them.

The flip-side was that it was a bit sad to see Ipswich pubs turning away good old ‘bors from Manningtee or wherever because they made the mistake of wearing a Colchester scarf or whatever. Not saying it’s wrong, ( their pub, not mine) but just a pity they feel it’s necessary.
Colchester in the cup on 16:18 - Jun 23 with 656 viewsSTYG

Colchester in the cup on 16:16 - Jun 23 by Sharkey

The flip-side was that it was a bit sad to see Ipswich pubs turning away good old ‘bors from Manningtee or wherever because they made the mistake of wearing a Colchester scarf or whatever. Not saying it’s wrong, ( their pub, not mine) but just a pity they feel it’s necessary.

Are you sure it wasn't because they were under 18?
Colchester in the cup on 16:25 - Jun 23 with 634 viewsSharkey

Colchester in the cup on 16:18 - Jun 23 by STYG

Are you sure it wasn't because they were under 18?

I'm talking old boys in their 70s , (with better Suffolk accents than people from Suffolk!)
Colchester in the cup on 16:41 - Jun 23 with 579 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Colchester in the cup on 15:58 - Jun 23 by clive_baker

Nobody goes to Mcdonalds for beef

Oh that’s superb 👏🏻

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024