Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! 16:27 - Nov 6 with 5080 viewsnodge_blue

I cant recall it all exactly but i think they are 90mil in debt as well. And average wage still about 25k a week.

But then he also said most championship clubs losing that. Think he said average loss is about 20 mil a year.

They havent got the saleable players in depth like they used to either.

Funny how things go in cycles and they are pretty much where we were in the McCarthy last season.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:38 - Nov 6 with 3947 viewsIllinoisblue

Still can’t escape the nagging feeling that they could be revived by a new manager bounce, get Barnes and others back from injury, put a few wins together and sneak in 6th to the playoffs, such is the congested championship table. And we all know what would happen next. Dear football gods, do not let this happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:40 - Nov 6 with 3915 viewsJ2BLUE

I really hope that is true!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:48 - Nov 6 with 3828 views_clive_baker_

They only losing that amount when factoring in amortisation of player contracts though, which while relevant for FFP is more of an accounting treatment than anything else. Operationally they broadly broke even last season, which on the face of it they can probably live with.

Where it's particularly interesting is a) their level of debt, which presumably needs to be serviced at some stage, and b) the fact circa 2/3 of their 75m annual revenue last season was from parachute payments, which have now reduced by about 10m and drop off completely at the end of this season. They'll need to make wholesale changes to plug that gap, it's the equivalent of 1 million quid a week.

If they don't go up this season they'll presumably have to sell the last remaining 'big tickets' they have like Sargent, Sara and Rowe, but won't be selling from a position of strength and you wonder what will they be left with, other than a crock of sh1t aging plodders. If they don't go up then next season will be the first time in ages they'll have to cut their cloth with very average Championship earnings, and be left with a stonking pile of debt.
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:58 - Nov 6 with 3715 viewsnodge_blue

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:48 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

They only losing that amount when factoring in amortisation of player contracts though, which while relevant for FFP is more of an accounting treatment than anything else. Operationally they broadly broke even last season, which on the face of it they can probably live with.

Where it's particularly interesting is a) their level of debt, which presumably needs to be serviced at some stage, and b) the fact circa 2/3 of their 75m annual revenue last season was from parachute payments, which have now reduced by about 10m and drop off completely at the end of this season. They'll need to make wholesale changes to plug that gap, it's the equivalent of 1 million quid a week.

If they don't go up this season they'll presumably have to sell the last remaining 'big tickets' they have like Sargent, Sara and Rowe, but won't be selling from a position of strength and you wonder what will they be left with, other than a crock of sh1t aging plodders. If they don't go up then next season will be the first time in ages they'll have to cut their cloth with very average Championship earnings, and be left with a stonking pile of debt.

They were talking about interest repayments in region of 100k a week.

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:59 - Nov 6 with 3692 viewshoppy

Oh well, never mind, eh?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:05 - Nov 6 with 3658 views_clive_baker_

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:58 - Nov 6 by nodge_blue

They were talking about interest repayments in region of 100k a week.

Not sure of the terms of the debt but that wouldn't surprise me, that's 6% on 90m which is pretty much a market rate.

Even aside from that, rarely has a club been as reliant on promotion as they are this season. TBH, unless they luck out and achieve that I just don't see how they can even cut enough cost to meet FFP. They're properly in the sh1t if they don't go up.
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:14 - Nov 6 with 3589 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:48 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

Their fans won't like it but realistically the only sensible approach for the new DoF s to start planning for this as soon as he comes in. It would be reckless from the position they are in to plan to turn it around and go for promotion this year.

The pragmatic approach would be to bring in a fresh young manager to rebuild, cash in on Sara and/or others in January to fund the debt and rebuild ready for next season.

It will be interesting to see what they do though.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:18 - Nov 6 with 3555 viewsJakeITFC

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:05 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

Not sure of the terms of the debt but that wouldn't surprise me, that's 6% on 90m which is pretty much a market rate.

Even aside from that, rarely has a club been as reliant on promotion as they are this season. TBH, unless they luck out and achieve that I just don't see how they can even cut enough cost to meet FFP. They're properly in the sh1t if they don't go up.

Feel like your second paragraph is something we've been clinging onto for ages!
Login to get fewer ads

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:19 - Nov 6 with 3538 viewstextbackup

I’m sure we could help them by giving £1/2m to them for Rowe

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:23 - Nov 6 with 3492 views_clive_baker_

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:14 - Nov 6 by BlueyandCrazy

Their fans won't like it but realistically the only sensible approach for the new DoF s to start planning for this as soon as he comes in. It would be reckless from the position they are in to plan to turn it around and go for promotion this year.

The pragmatic approach would be to bring in a fresh young manager to rebuild, cash in on Sara and/or others in January to fund the debt and rebuild ready for next season.

It will be interesting to see what they do though.

Yeah I think that's all they can do really. Not doing that would be wholly irresponsible, but of course should, in theory, impact their competitiveness on the pitch. As you say they might luck out on a managerial appointment that gets a tune out of them.

They need to get as much as they can for their more valuable players, and work to get all the remaining big earners off the wage bill. They're losing money already, on revenues of 75 million. From the summer that drops by over 50 million overnight, they need to be at least halving their cost base and even that will see them running at a -10 to -20m loss. Plus a huge pile of debt. The next 6 months could define their trajectory for a while.
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! (n/t) on 17:29 - Nov 6 with 3420 viewsnodge_blue

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 16:40 - Nov 6 by J2BLUE

I really hope that is true!

[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 17:31]

I wonder how much Ipswich are losing a week?? on 17:33 - Nov 6 with 3389 viewsunstableblue

Spread over the this FY?

Quite a bit of capital spent on pitch and stadia, more incoming with architect fees and progress on training ground.

Three premier loanees. Axel wages. And championship wage increases across the board. And some higher earners in Hirst, Broadhead.

Plus the very significant increase in non-playing staff, Ashton seems to have got his wish on making a significant increase in these areas.

Town TV will also be a high cost, I wonder if its breaking even with advertising and matchday/monthly subscriptions.

We're bringing in 9k of matchday tickets beyond the season ticket - but that's only what £200k a fortnight? and am sure merchandise continues to be a good revenue source.

Its around £2.5m from Sky with top-ups of £10k for being shown as the away side and £50k-£100k for home games dependent on timeslot.

But a what £300k a week wage bill is quite the debit.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Town wage bill info.. I expect this is way off the mark.. but some further info on 18:00 - Nov 6 with 3254 viewsunstableblue

I wonder how much Ipswich are losing a week?? on 17:33 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Spread over the this FY?

Quite a bit of capital spent on pitch and stadia, more incoming with architect fees and progress on training ground.

Three premier loanees. Axel wages. And championship wage increases across the board. And some higher earners in Hirst, Broadhead.

Plus the very significant increase in non-playing staff, Ashton seems to have got his wish on making a significant increase in these areas.

Town TV will also be a high cost, I wonder if its breaking even with advertising and matchday/monthly subscriptions.

We're bringing in 9k of matchday tickets beyond the season ticket - but that's only what £200k a fortnight? and am sure merchandise continues to be a good revenue source.

Its around £2.5m from Sky with top-ups of £10k for being shown as the away side and £50k-£100k for home games dependent on timeslot.

Take below with a pinch of salt.. but i'd say Hirst's wage bill of £17.5k a week ain't far off. And we're probably paying higher as part of Williams wage contribution.

£220k a week wage bill estimated.. that seems low to me?

What is Ipswich Town's annual wage bill?
Using Capology's data on Ipswich Town for the 2023/24 Championship season, we can see that the club's estimated annual wage bill is £11,378,000.

Based off this figure, it would mean that, on average, an Ipswich Town player for the 2023/24 campaign earns a gross figure £406,357.

The above figure also means that Ipswich Town's estimated wage bill, per week, stands at £218,808.

Based off that figure, on average, an Ipswich Town player for the 2023/24 season earns a gross weekly figure of £7,814.

This is an interesting one, because, according to Capology's data on Ipswich Town, the club's highest earner for this season is a loan player - Brandon Williams.

Brandon Williams is said to earn a gross annual figure of £3,380,000.

Per week, that means Williams' gross earnings are estimated to be £65,000.

Coming from a big Premier League club like Manchester United, it is understandable that Williams' salary is far in excess of the other Ipswich Town players.

It is unclear just how much of that salary Ipswich Town are paying as part of Williams' loan agreement, too.

With that said, the club's highest earner on the books permanently, according to Capology, is George Hirst.

Capology estimate that Hirst earns a gross annual sum of £890,000.

This means that Hirst earns a gross weekly figure of £17,115.

Further deets on 18:09 - Nov 6 with 3217 viewsunstableblue

Town wage bill info.. I expect this is way off the mark.. but some further info on 18:00 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Take below with a pinch of salt.. but i'd say Hirst's wage bill of £17.5k a week ain't far off. And we're probably paying higher as part of Williams wage contribution.

£220k a week wage bill estimated.. that seems low to me?

What is Ipswich Town's annual wage bill?
Using Capology's data on Ipswich Town for the 2023/24 Championship season, we can see that the club's estimated annual wage bill is £11,378,000.

Based off this figure, it would mean that, on average, an Ipswich Town player for the 2023/24 campaign earns a gross figure £406,357.

The above figure also means that Ipswich Town's estimated wage bill, per week, stands at £218,808.

Based off that figure, on average, an Ipswich Town player for the 2023/24 season earns a gross weekly figure of £7,814.

This is an interesting one, because, according to Capology's data on Ipswich Town, the club's highest earner for this season is a loan player - Brandon Williams.

Brandon Williams is said to earn a gross annual figure of £3,380,000.

Per week, that means Williams' gross earnings are estimated to be £65,000.

Coming from a big Premier League club like Manchester United, it is understandable that Williams' salary is far in excess of the other Ipswich Town players.

It is unclear just how much of that salary Ipswich Town are paying as part of Williams' loan agreement, too.

With that said, the club's highest earner on the books permanently, according to Capology, is George Hirst.

Capology estimate that Hirst earns a gross annual sum of £890,000.

This means that Hirst earns a gross weekly figure of £17,115.

Town Announce £12.6m Loss 3rd Apr 2023 15:07
Town's accounts for the year to June 2022 show total loss of £12.6 million in the year to June 30th 2022, the first season following the Gamechanger 20 Ltd. 39

From Phil's article above, rather otimistic from Capology that our wage bill for 23/24 is £11,378,000 when in 20/21 was £16.4m!

We made a £14.4m loss, although seems Covid affected that.

I wonder how much Ipswich are losing a week?? on 18:17 - Nov 6 with 3148 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder how much Ipswich are losing a week?? on 17:33 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Spread over the this FY?

Ours will be high. But we are going forwards with it.

Absolutely if we fail to go up within 3 years.. we might see gamechanger turning unti Evans. But for now we get to enjoy it.

Nodge tho have got that point we found ourselves in when the TV deal collapsed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Further deets on 18:44 - Nov 6 with 3052 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Further deets on 18:09 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Town Announce £12.6m Loss 3rd Apr 2023 15:07
Town's accounts for the year to June 2022 show total loss of £12.6 million in the year to June 30th 2022, the first season following the Gamechanger 20 Ltd. 39

From Phil's article above, rather otimistic from Capology that our wage bill for 23/24 is £11,378,000 when in 20/21 was £16.4m!

We made a £14.4m loss, although seems Covid affected that.

How much more is the Sky EFL tv rights for next season. They signed a 900m deal but I don’t know what that equates to per Championship club per year?
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:06 - Nov 6 with 2938 viewsNthQldITFC

Anybody else think that Sargent might be one we might be interested in?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:09 - Nov 6 with 2922 viewsDanTheMan

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:19 - Nov 6 by textbackup

I’m sure we could help them by giving £1/2m to them for Rowe

A couple more for Sara as well.

Love thy neighbours and all that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Found this on 19:19 - Nov 6 with 2860 viewsunstableblue

Further deets on 18:44 - Nov 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

How much more is the Sky EFL tv rights for next season. They signed a 900m deal but I don’t know what that equates to per Championship club per year?

“It is understood that based on the EFL’s distribution formula, Championship clubs will earn 46 per cent more in guaranteed broadcast income”

“ The EFL will receive guaranteed payments of £895million and a further £40m in marketing benefits.
For context, the existing deal, signed in 2018, was worth £595million, so it is brilliant news for clubs.”

But will we be in the Championship???

Win the next two and I’ll be dreaming of automatic

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:46 - Nov 6 with 2732 viewsDouble_Dutch

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:06 - Nov 6 by NthQldITFC

Yes, I agree. I have watched some of thier pre-season friendlies and, games that did not coincide with Town games. Prior to this season, I thought, that Sargent as an out and out striker, looked terrible, however, he appears to have been given a new role within the team this season, sitting deeper and licence to roam across the pitch. In my opinion, he looks far more dangerous in this role, being physically strong, quick and not too shabby in skill set. He is the one player they are missing the most and, I believe, not due to return until the new year. I would take him over Rowe and Sara at the moment, as someone who could cover for Hirst, not the most prolific but can hold the ball up and link the play and, also play behind Hirst in the three.
Found this on 19:46 - Nov 6 with 2730 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Found this on 19:19 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

“It is understood that based on the EFL’s distribution formula, Championship clubs will earn 46 per cent more in guaranteed broadcast income”

“ The EFL will receive guaranteed payments of £895million and a further £40m in marketing benefits.
For context, the existing deal, signed in 2018, was worth £595million, so it is brilliant news for clubs.”

But will we be in the Championship???

Win the next two and I’ll be dreaming of automatic

So in the ballpark of ~£7m rising to ~£11m. I bet some clubs have already hedged against that increase. Given the losses most clubs in the football league are making, it’s still a drop in the ocean.

Mad that even with gates of 29k, player sales are the only way to break even. Football is broken.
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:47 - Nov 6 with 2709 viewsFrimleyBlue

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:06 - Nov 6 by NthQldITFC

It's why he's still injured. Not helping nodge to points and taking £ off his price tag.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:54 - Nov 6 with 2688 viewsNthQldITFC

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:46 - Nov 6 by Double_Dutch

Yes, I agree. I have watched some of thier pre-season friendlies and, games that did not coincide with Town games. Prior to this season, I thought, that Sargent as an out and out striker, looked terrible, however, he appears to have been given a new role within the team this season, sitting deeper and licence to roam across the pitch. In my opinion, he looks far more dangerous in this role, being physically strong, quick and not too shabby in skill set. He is the one player they are missing the most and, I believe, not due to return until the new year. I would take him over Rowe and Sara at the moment, as someone who could cover for Hirst, not the most prolific but can hold the ball up and link the play and, also play behind Hirst in the three.

Interesting. I see him in the Hirst role, as an athlete with pace and stamina who can occupy a couple of centre backs and bring the likes of Chappers and Broady in. I haven't seen a massive amount of him, bit I see him as more of a disruptor than a ball player.

Rowe runs with the ball really well, but is a bit limited in his skill set from what I've seen, not for me, and Sara has some great skills but I don't think he's mobile or switched on enough for us.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:59 - Nov 6 with 2655 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 17:05 - Nov 6 by _clive_baker_

Since the last time they went up I guess! They’ve been somewhat lucky to avoid financial distress in the recent past and can’t see them being so lucky this time, and that will force Delia’s hand I reckon.
Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 20:01 - Nov 6 with 2636 viewsDouble_Dutch

Maguire says budgies losing about 450k a week! on 19:54 - Nov 6 by NthQldITFC

Interesting. I see him in the Hirst role, as an athlete with pace and stamina who can occupy a couple of centre backs and bring the likes of Chappers and Broady in. I haven't seen a massive amount of him, bit I see him as more of a disruptor than a ball player.

Rowe runs with the ball really well, but is a bit limited in his skill set from what I've seen, not for me, and Sara has some great skills but I don't think he's mobile or switched on enough for us.

Sara is very talented, but lacks the work ethic, would never fit into our team. Rowe is a very good prospect, but take away the long range goals that he scored, when he announced himnself on the scene at the beginning of the season, has he really done anything to impact their games when needed during this bad run of form?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024