Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS 09:04 - Nov 8 with 3275 viewsGlasgowBlue

This needs reporting more widely. In Darfur, nearly 800 black Africans have been murdered by Jihadists in the last few days, in what is being called “a genocide and ethnic cleansing of Africans at the hands of terrorists."

[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 9:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 09:18 - Nov 8 with 3176 viewsBuhrer

The UN human rights office (OHCHR) expressed alarm on Friday over reports that in Sudan, women and girls are being abducted, chained and held in “inhuman, degrading slave-like conditions” in areas controlled by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in Darfur.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/11/1143177
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 9:18]
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 09:23 - Nov 8 with 3154 viewsGlasgowBlue

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 09:18 - Nov 8 by Buhrer

The UN human rights office (OHCHR) expressed alarm on Friday over reports that in Sudan, women and girls are being abducted, chained and held in “inhuman, degrading slave-like conditions” in areas controlled by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in Darfur.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/11/1143177
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 9:18]

“Twenty-three of the incidents involved rape, 26 were of gang rape and three were of attempted rape.”

Awful.

Iron Lion Zion

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:01 - Nov 8 with 2971 viewsBlueschev

I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Horrific. I do question us as a species sometimes.
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:17 - Nov 8 with 2940 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That is horrific, I saw it on BBC news but perhaps didn’t realise the scale of it.

Surely these are the kinds of situations the UN was developed for, but they do seem rather toothless rather than a few strong words.
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:21 - Nov 8 with 2905 viewsBlueschev

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:17 - Nov 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That is horrific, I saw it on BBC news but perhaps didn’t realise the scale of it.

Surely these are the kinds of situations the UN was developed for, but they do seem rather toothless rather than a few strong words.

The trouble is those with a veto have all committed atrocities with impunity, thus making a mockery of the entire institution.
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:58 - Nov 8 with 2841 viewsthatbdude

No matter what side on the conflict you are on this is just downright vulgar and wasn't done because of Palestine it was done purely for genocidal thoughts

Poll: Who going down?

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 15:40 - Nov 8 with 2752 viewsGlasgowBlue

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:01 - Nov 8 by Blueschev

I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Horrific. I do question us as a species sometimes.

Yeah. Humankind’s ability to inflict horrific atrocities on each other never ceases to amaze me.

Some of this stuff should have been left behind in the Middle Ages.

Iron Lion Zion

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 20:58 - Nov 8 with 2470 viewsDJR

This appears to be a consequence of the war in Sudan between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the Rapid Support Force (which incorporated the notorious Janjaweed militia).

The war did get a lot of coverage earlier in the year, when there were foreigners trapped there, but as with many such conflicts in far off places interest rapidly disappears, no matter how horrific.
Login to get fewer ads

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 11:19 - Nov 9 with 2204 viewsmatteoblue

Thanks for highlighting this, it is truly shocking. But I suspect there won't be any demonstrations in London this weekend about it.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 11:33 - Nov 9 with 2172 viewsbaxterbasics

All a sad reminder that:

1) Terrible things are going on most of the time in one or more corners of the globe

2) To be alive in a time and place that has had such an extended period of peace and prosperity like we are (or most of us I would assume) is actually extremely fortunate, historically an exception, and should not be taken for granted.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 16:53 - Nov 9 with 1992 viewshype313

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 15:40 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. Humankind’s ability to inflict horrific atrocities on each other never ceases to amaze me.

Some of this stuff should have been left behind in the Middle Ages.

Like every religion.

Just put them all on a desert island and let them argue about it themselves and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives without the need of killing each other over who has the correct God.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 16:58 - Nov 9 with 1970 viewsBuhrer

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 16:53 - Nov 9 by hype313

Like every religion.

Just put them all on a desert island and let them argue about it themselves and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives without the need of killing each other over who has the correct God.

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 17:14 - Nov 9 with 1933 viewsbaxterbasics

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 16:53 - Nov 9 by hype313

Like every religion.

That's a bit of a fallacy/cliche though - most of humanities worst atrocities were committed by godless regimes.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 08:32 - Nov 11 with 1752 viewsBuhrer

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 09:51 - Dec 19 with 1130 viewsGlasgowBlue

“Sudan tops the IRC’s 2024 Watchlist, a list of countries most likely to experience a deteriorating humanitarian crisis”.

“The conflict has only exacerbated these conditions, leaving almost 25 million people — more than half of Sudan’s population — in need”.

“ In Darfur, mass killings and displacement have led to reports of ethnic cleansing”

https://www.rescue.org/uk/article/fighting-sudan-what-you-need-know-about-crisis
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 11:52]

Iron Lion Zion

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 17:40 - Dec 19 with 896 viewsNthQldITFC

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 14:21 - Nov 8 by Blueschev

The trouble is those with a veto have all committed atrocities with impunity, thus making a mockery of the entire institution.

The whole idea of a veto for a few select countries is obscene really isn't it? We constantly see how one or other of those veto holders stops, in its own self-interest or that of its chums, something which 95% of the world thinks is the right thing to do.

The UN is toothless because it's anti-democratic, Security Council, IPCC whatever - if they've got any balls they should reform themselves, sans vetos, and actually try to do some good for a change using something like an 80% majority requirement in any votes.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 10:03 - Dec 20 with 712 viewsDJR

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ GRAPHIC IMAGES IN LINKS on 09:51 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

“Sudan tops the IRC’s 2024 Watchlist, a list of countries most likely to experience a deteriorating humanitarian crisis”.

“The conflict has only exacerbated these conditions, leaving almost 25 million people — more than half of Sudan’s population — in need”.

“ In Darfur, mass killings and displacement have led to reports of ethnic cleansing”

https://www.rescue.org/uk/article/fighting-sudan-what-you-need-know-about-crisis
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 11:52]

Many people in Sudan, and particularly Darfur, have suffered over the last twenty years or so but, save with the rescue of foreign nationals earlier in the year, what goes on there gets very little publicity.

The Darfur genocide, from 2003 to 2005, in which 200,000 people were killed was particularly gruesome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_genocide
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 10:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024