Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence and the 10th booking 18:42 - Feb 17 with 2458 viewstiptreeblue

I know it`s a conspriracy theory but, something was niggling at the back of my mind while listening to the game on Tuesday, did Tom Lawrence get booked on purpose so he didn`t have to play against the team who wanted to buy him in the January window?. i will probably get shot down in flames but, why help stop a team from picking up points to try and get to the premier league when, you may be joining them in the summer?. He was in the ear of the ref from the first minute and MM was berating him but he still carried on until he got it
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 18:44 - Feb 17 with 2402 viewsArnieM

which team wanted to buy him.?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 18:51 - Feb 17 with 2359 viewstiptreeblue

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 18:44 - Feb 17 by ArnieM

which team wanted to buy him.?

Leeds
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:01 - Feb 17 with 2316 viewsPJH

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 18:51 - Feb 17 by tiptreeblue

Leeds

In that case why did he not try harder to get booked at Villa because he would still have missed the Leeds game?

Since he got his 9th booking at Huddersfield it was only a question of when he got the 10th-it was surprising that he got through 4 games without a booking.
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:08 - Feb 17 with 2269 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

I'd imagine he will have far better options than Leeds wanting him in the summer.
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:14 - Feb 17 with 2238 viewstiptreeblue

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:08 - Feb 17 by backwiththeboysagain

I'd imagine he will have far better options than Leeds wanting him in the summer.

possibly not if they are promoted, i know it is a little way out there but, MM had been on at him to stop from the start and he didn`t, but lo and behold, once he had the booking he shut up, that`s all
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:31 - Feb 17 with 2147 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Doesn't seem very realistic to me.

He could just play, not try very hard and score an own goal?
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:54 - Feb 17 with 2042 viewsGuthrum

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:14 - Feb 17 by tiptreeblue

possibly not if they are promoted, i know it is a little way out there but, MM had been on at him to stop from the start and he didn`t, but lo and behold, once he had the booking he shut up, that`s all

Of course he shut up after the booking. Get another and he'd be sent off.

And even if Leeds are promoted (long shot, if they manage to stay in the play-offs), there will be plenty of others ahead of them in the queue. That's without considering that Leicester themselves might want him, in or out of the Prem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 20:20 - Feb 17 with 1938 viewscruncher

Maybe it's agreed the move from Leicester to scum fee agreed etc would make sense I suppose ,it'll be a shame if true.
Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 20:27 - Feb 17 with 1890 viewstiptreeblue

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:54 - Feb 17 by Guthrum

Of course he shut up after the booking. Get another and he'd be sent off.

And even if Leeds are promoted (long shot, if they manage to stay in the play-offs), there will be plenty of others ahead of them in the queue. That's without considering that Leicester themselves might want him, in or out of the Prem.

so he shut up for the ref but not his manager, why? that is the bit i can`t get my head around
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 20:35 - Feb 17 with 1857 viewsWicklowBlue

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:01 - Feb 17 by PJH

In that case why did he not try harder to get booked at Villa because he would still have missed the Leeds game?

Since he got his 9th booking at Huddersfield it was only a question of when he got the 10th-it was surprising that he got through 4 games without a booking.

This..... why look for conspiracy theories he was eventually going to get another yellow.

#blownoutofproportion
Lawrence and the 10th booking on 22:13 - Feb 17 with 1626 viewsCrock

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 19:31 - Feb 17 by BelvedereBrunswick

Doesn't seem very realistic to me.

He could just play, not try very hard and score an own goal?

Or do like he did against Lincoln.

Poll: Favourite number?

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 23:42 - Feb 17 with 1495 viewsGuthrum

Lawrence and the 10th booking on 20:27 - Feb 17 by tiptreeblue

so he shut up for the ref but not his manager, why? that is the bit i can`t get my head around

Because the ref can send him off, possibly losing the game for his team. He might get a b0llocking from McCarthy, even be subbed, but that's not as damaging as a red.

Plus McCarthy is hardly going to exclude our best player because he's been a bit chatty to an overly fussy ref.

Lawrence probably also misjudged how far he could push it. Or simply got carried away with the emotion of the game - until brought up short with the yellow. We know he can be a bit hot-headed, that's how he came to have that many cautions in the first place.

There are plenty of perfectly reasonable explanations for what happened, without delving into the realms of obscure and unlikely conspiracies.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024