Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George North 20:29 - Mar 10 with 995 viewsfactual_blue

You wouldn't want to be in his way, would you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

George North on 20:38 - Mar 10 with 991 viewsTIB

I remember playing a match in Limerick once and the day before, I went to the gym to get massiver...as I'm walking in I brush shoulders with quite a big lad...turned around only to see Mr Jonny Wilkinson ...said hello but that was it...I was in shock as he was bigger than I anticipated. Same goes for Owen Farrell...that lad is over 6ft.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

George North on 20:39 - Mar 10 with 975 viewsfooters

George North on 20:38 - Mar 10 by TIB

I remember playing a match in Limerick once and the day before, I went to the gym to get massiver...as I'm walking in I brush shoulders with quite a big lad...turned around only to see Mr Jonny Wilkinson ...said hello but that was it...I was in shock as he was bigger than I anticipated. Same goes for Owen Farrell...that lad is over 6ft.

Like watching snooker on the telly, isn't it? Easy, I could do that... oh.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

George North on 20:40 - Mar 10 with 968 viewsBackToRussia

'Smaller' players just look small because they're playing with ruddy giants I suppose.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

George North on 20:41 - Mar 10 with 963 viewsTIB

George North on 20:40 - Mar 10 by BackToRussia

'Smaller' players just look small because they're playing with ruddy giants I suppose.

Forwards aka The Orks

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

George North on 20:50 - Mar 10 with 936 viewsfactual_blue

Former England and Lions fullback Bob Hiller taught at my school. When he, who was probably the biggest man most of us had ever seen, ran out for his debut international, he was one if the smallest.

A mate if mine used to play for a smallish RU team in the Midlands about 30 years ago. The England flanker Nick Jeavons played against them once as part of his return from a long injury. Colliding with him was apparently like being hit with a steam train.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 23:39]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

George North on 22:29 - Mar 10 with 844 viewssolemio

George North on 20:50 - Mar 10 by factual_blue

Former England and Lions fullback Bob Hiller taught at my school. When he, who was probably the biggest man most of us had ever seen, ran out for his debut international, he was one if the smallest.

A mate if mine used to play for a smallish RU team in the Midlands about 30 years ago. The England flanker Nick Jeavons played against them once as part of his return from a long injury. Colliding with him was apparently like being hit with a steam train.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2017 23:39]

Very good full back, Bob Hiller. Just a bit short of greatness by the very highest standards of say JPR or Ken Scotland.
George North on 09:49 - Mar 11 with 705 viewsLeoMuff

I once saw Phil Waugh on manly beach, ridiculous chest was huge.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

George North on 10:01 - Mar 11 with 689 viewsyorkshireblue

George North on 20:40 - Mar 10 by BackToRussia

Exactly right, I've been lucky enough to meet some of the squad and when they are stood together they look relatively normal, but by themselves look massive. Billy V was a giant, but Faz was surpringly big. Even the smallest player Danny Care was surprising. He maybe be only 5' 9" in height, but he is about as wide as that as well!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024