Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? 15:05 - Mar 20 with 2652 viewsLord_Lucan

I reckon 49. A win and a draw will do it.

I'm quite optimistic about that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:07 - Mar 20 with 1788 viewsHerbivore

I also think 49 will do it. I see us getting more than that though so hopefully we'll have a bit to spare.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 1786 viewsSomethingBlue

Think that's about right. We're not going to go down; I know we're not safe yet but I can't wait for us to get those points because then hopefully the club can make some decisions — and preferably announcements — about the broader picture.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 1779 viewsJ2BLUE

To guarantee it, I think 53 (8 more) is about right. Burton would need 1.5 points per game to match us. If we get 53 I think we'll be safe with a couple of games to go but it's the minimum i'd accept if offered it now just to be sure.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:11 - Mar 20 with 1763 viewsThePitBoss

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:07 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I also think 49 will do it. I see us getting more than that though so hopefully we'll have a bit to spare.

Just need to maintain the 'good football', and we'll be fine?
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 1753 viewsthebooks

That sounds about right. I know we're crap, but I just cannot see us going down. We're too far ahead of some equally dire teams.
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 1744 viewsITFC_Forever

I don't honestly think we will go down, but the possibility is rather too close for comfort.

What'll happen is that we'll probably gain another 8 points somewhere along the line this season (couple of wins and a couple of draws), and we'll be at yet another crossroads in the summer.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 15:25]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:16 - Mar 20 with 1730 viewspointofblue

Using the Legaue Calculator I've got Burton getting to 45 points in the third relegation zone place so, based on that, a point should do it for us. I'd think to think we have some breathing space though.

To be fair I'd be surprised and very disappointed if we get to May without at least one more win.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:16 - Mar 20 with 1736 viewsSteve_M

There were some stats on Twitter at the weekend re: the probability of relegation with a specific points total. I can't find it at the moment bit it was something like: around 80% for
45 points and 20% for 49 points.

Four points from the next two and we are pretty much there, up until the last month we've dragged a win out whenever we've looked to be stalling a bit.n Just need to do that again now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:26 - Mar 20 with 1686 viewsITFC_Forever

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:16 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

Using the Legaue Calculator I've got Burton getting to 45 points in the third relegation zone place so, based on that, a point should do it for us. I'd think to think we have some breathing space though.

To be fair I'd be surprised and very disappointed if we get to May without at least one more win.

If we don't win another game between now and end of the season given who we have left to play, we deserve to go down.

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:35 - Mar 20 with 1656 viewsLord_Lucan

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:09 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

Think that's about right. We're not going to go down; I know we're not safe yet but I can't wait for us to get those points because then hopefully the club can make some decisions — and preferably announcements — about the broader picture.

Decisions need to be made soon rather than later. Someone suggested earlier that Mick will probably decide in June but that's too late. He must know his intentions now and either way he should announce them as soon as we are safe. If he is going then it is imperative that we have as much time as possible to seek a new manager and backroom staff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 1591 viewsITFC_Forever

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:35 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Decisions need to be made soon rather than later. Someone suggested earlier that Mick will probably decide in June but that's too late. He must know his intentions now and either way he should announce them as soon as we are safe. If he is going then it is imperative that we have as much time as possible to seek a new manager and backroom staff.

I think he and the club are waiting for us to be mathematically safe before making an announcement that he is going.

I think they think that any announcement now will create uncertainty and even more worry at a time when we need calm heads to get over the line.

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 15:51 - Mar 20 with 1551 viewsSwansea_Blue

Posted this earlier- final table if form of last 10 games continues:

Pos Team Projected pts
17 Ipswich Town 53
18 Blackburn Rovers 52
19 Birmingham City 51
20 Bristol City 51
21 Burton Albion 51
22 Nottingham Forest 50
23 Wigan Athletic 41
24 Rotherham United 18

Take from it what you will.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:09 - Mar 20 with 1488 viewsGuthrum

I reckon 22nd place will be around 45-48, so that sounds like it should be enough.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:10 - Mar 20 with 1465 viewsKieran_Knows

I think another win and a couple of draws will definitely see us safe.

Win our next 2 home games (Brum and Wigan) and I think that'll definitely see us safe regardless of what happens elsewhere for the rest of the season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1451 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Think we can all pretty much agree that Rotherham & Wigan have gone so its between us & 6 other teams who will go down now.

After Saturdays game I was adamant that we were going down, now I have had a look into it a bit more & looking at everyone's around us fixtures I think we will just about survive, purely down to the fact that we have points on the board over our rivals and that everyone in this group of 7 still has to play each other so will all be taking points off each other etc. If I had to put a bet on I would say that Burton may go down looking at their fixtures & everyone elses:

Blackburn:
Brighton, Reading, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol, Wolves, Villa & Brentford

Burton:
Huddersfield, Newcastle, Villa, Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds, Barnsley & Reading

Forest:
Preston, Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Cardiff, Reading, QPR & Ipswich

Bristol:
Brentford, Preston, Wolves, QPR, Blackburn, Barnsley, Brighton & Birmingham

Birmingham:
Ipswich, Brighton, Derby, Rotherham, Burton, Villa, Huddersfield & Bristol.

Wolves:
Cardiff, Forest, Bristol, Brighton, Leeds, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Derby & Preston

Ipswich:
Birmingham, Wigan, Fulham, Burton, Newcastle, Rotherham, Sheff Wed & Forest.

As for your original question though, I think we need to be aiming for 50 points as I can see a team going down with 48 points. So a win and 2 draws is the bare minimum, if we can get 2 wins in our next home games then I think we will be safe, ITFC can make there announcement about Mick leaving and we can put this miserable season behind us.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:42 - Mar 20 with 1381 viewsIpswichKnight

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:11 - Mar 20 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Think we can all pretty much agree that Rotherham & Wigan have gone so its between us & 6 other teams who will go down now.

After Saturdays game I was adamant that we were going down, now I have had a look into it a bit more & looking at everyone's around us fixtures I think we will just about survive, purely down to the fact that we have points on the board over our rivals and that everyone in this group of 7 still has to play each other so will all be taking points off each other etc. If I had to put a bet on I would say that Burton may go down looking at their fixtures & everyone elses:

Blackburn:
Brighton, Reading, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol, Wolves, Villa & Brentford

Burton:
Huddersfield, Newcastle, Villa, Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds, Barnsley & Reading

Forest:
Preston, Wolves, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Cardiff, Reading, QPR & Ipswich

Bristol:
Brentford, Preston, Wolves, QPR, Blackburn, Barnsley, Brighton & Birmingham

Birmingham:
Ipswich, Brighton, Derby, Rotherham, Burton, Villa, Huddersfield & Bristol.

Wolves:
Cardiff, Forest, Bristol, Brighton, Leeds, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Derby & Preston

Ipswich:
Birmingham, Wigan, Fulham, Burton, Newcastle, Rotherham, Sheff Wed & Forest.

As for your original question though, I think we need to be aiming for 50 points as I can see a team going down with 48 points. So a win and 2 draws is the bare minimum, if we can get 2 wins in our next home games then I think we will be safe, ITFC can make there announcement about Mick leaving and we can put this miserable season behind us.

Bet WM police will love a Birmingham derby if City need to win to stay up!

2 wins should be enough, I can see us doing that against Wigan and Rotherham.
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:46 - Mar 20 with 1361 viewsartsbossbeard

I think 48 will do it, personally.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:48 - Mar 20 with 1346 viewschristiand

Get over that 50 points mark should be enough - Birmingham and Wigan games are massive!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 1332 viewsPJH

I want us safe or as good as safe as soon as possible and I think a couple of wins in the next two games will be enough.
I do not want us going into the last game at Forest still needing something although it could be an interesting day if Forest could still go down.
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:55 - Mar 20 with 1302 viewsjas0999

50. Thought it would be higher. Not now.

We will achieve it easily as well.
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:57 - Mar 20 with 1290 viewsITFC_Forever

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:50 - Mar 20 by PJH

I want us safe or as good as safe as soon as possible and I think a couple of wins in the next two games will be enough.
I do not want us going into the last game at Forest still needing something although it could be an interesting day if Forest could still go down.

No it won't - it's exactly the sort of game we'd lose!

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 1281 viewsPJH

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:57 - Mar 20 by ITFC_Forever

No it won't - it's exactly the sort of game we'd lose!

I meant with us safe and Forest still in danger-bit like the game at Leeds when they went or as good as went.
What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 1264 viewsLord_Lucan

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 16:46 - Mar 20 by artsbossbeard

I think 48 will do it, personally.

Blackburn are on top form

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 1248 viewsartsbossbeard

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:03 - Mar 20 by Lord_Lucan

Blackburn are on top form

We've got a two win head start on them.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:06 - Mar 20 with 1230 viewsLord_Lucan

What are peeps opinion for points needed for safety? on 17:04 - Mar 20 by artsbossbeard

We've got a two win head start on them.

5 points and they have 10 points from the last 6 games

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024