Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? 14:56 - Apr 3 with 1336 viewskizaitfc

The guy has lost it

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 14:59 - Apr 3 with 1321 viewsSteve_M

Really? All seems fair enough to me:

With fans having called for McCarthy’s sacking and expressed their frustration with owner Evans and next year’s season ticket prices, there appears to be a divide between fans and the club.

“There can’t be,” McCarthy added. “They’re a massive part. I know it’s up to us, we’ve got to set the tone, definitely, I get that, it’s our responsibility and I would never pass it on, but then there is a time when you need a dig out, a leg up and maybe that’s tomorrow.”

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:01 - Apr 3 with 1298 viewstextbackup

When we are sht he comes out and says how good the other team are.

It's no coincidence we have been so sht for so long, he needs to wake up. He should have gone after losing 5-1 to reading because he's never got over that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:04 - Apr 3 with 1274 viewsLankHenners

Mick could give the most positive speech of his career and people would still pick holes in it.

He's talking complete sense and unless you're an over sensitive div you'll take out of it that it is important that the fans don't upset our chance of getting something from the match by being needlessly negative.

How many times have we said words to the effect of "go down there, frustrate the opposition, get their fans on their back"? But in a classic case of 'football fan self-awareness failure', when it's us getting on our own team's back it's all "why is the manager blaming us for that defeat?" (which Mick has never done) etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:05 - Apr 3 with 1263 viewsITFC_Forever

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:01 - Apr 3 by textbackup

When we are sht he comes out and says how good the other team are.

It's no coincidence we have been so sht for so long, he needs to wake up. He should have gone after losing 5-1 to reading because he's never got over that

And he certainly should have gone after the Lincoln defeat.

One win since, we then showed some semblence of decent play in earl;y February, but as soon as certain players are fit, they're back in the side and normal service is resumed.

442, Sears out wide, Skuglas in the middle - all we need was Chambo out of position and we'd have had all the classics from Mick in one afternoon on Saturday.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:09 - Apr 3 with 1238 viewstextbackup

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:04 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

Mick could give the most positive speech of his career and people would still pick holes in it.

He's talking complete sense and unless you're an over sensitive div you'll take out of it that it is important that the fans don't upset our chance of getting something from the match by being needlessly negative.

How many times have we said words to the effect of "go down there, frustrate the opposition, get their fans on their back"? But in a classic case of 'football fan self-awareness failure', when it's us getting on our own team's back it's all "why is the manager blaming us for that defeat?" (which Mick has never done) etc.

Right, let this sink in, the football has been sht for two years... that's 46 home games almost, negative boring tactics, his negative boring tactics, his sht team selection, what the fck does he think we will react like.
He's so far out of touch with football, and seems there's a few on here still with him

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:11 - Apr 3 with 1242 viewsGuthrum

Or he's right and a hostile home atmosphere hampers our team and encourages the opposition. That's pretty much the nub of what he's saying.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nah, 99% of people know that, but..... on 15:14 - Apr 3 with 1206 viewsBloots

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:09 - Apr 3 by textbackup

Right, let this sink in, the football has been sht for two years... that's 46 home games almost, negative boring tactics, his negative boring tactics, his sht team selection, what the fck does he think we will react like.
He's so far out of touch with football, and seems there's a few on here still with him

....equally to get ourselves even more wound up by things that aren't even being said is just a bit silly.

We're crap and have been for a while now.

The owner is more to blame than the the manager, in my opinion, and the majority of players also have to shoulder some of the blame.

Once we have the points on the board to be safe then all power to the revolution, but until then it's not doing much good.

COYBs.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:14 - Apr 3 with 1198 viewsLankHenners

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:09 - Apr 3 by textbackup

The football has largely been pretty poor but my issue is with the immediate assumption that Mick 'blames the fans' for everything.

FWIW I think it's best for both parties if he left at the end of the season but I don't trust Evans to make a good job of picking a replacement, and the manager is far from the biggest problem at the club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:16 - Apr 3 with 1179 viewsBluebell

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:11 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

Or he's right and a hostile home atmosphere hampers our team and encourages the opposition. That's pretty much the nub of what he's saying.

Yes, he is right.

How many other people would like booing and negative comments in their place of work.

As others have said since Saturday....get behind the team while they are playing. Cheer, shout and sing for all you are worth. We need to win tomorrow. We have Fulham, Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday coming up and I can't see us getting anything out of those games.

Let's get behind the team tomorrow and see if what Mick is saying is right! Three points will make all the difference at the moment.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:17 - Apr 3 with 1157 viewsPJH

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:11 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

Common sense you mean?
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:22 - Apr 3 with 1113 viewsstonojnr

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:04 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

Needlessly negative !!! It's not like we are 6th in the Premier league with an Fa cup semi final, we've won 1 game in the last 12 matches,that's quarter of a season, it's only 5 wins out of 23, the only reason Town might not get relegated is because it looks like there are even worse teams below us, and I'd still assume it will be a draw against Wigan, and that's the fans fault ???
Nah, 99% of people know that, but..... on 15:24 - Apr 3 with 1100 viewstextbackup

Nah, 99% of people know that, but..... on 15:14 - Apr 3 by Bloots

....equally to get ourselves even more wound up by things that aren't even being said is just a bit silly.

We're crap and have been for a while now.

The owner is more to blame than the the manager, in my opinion, and the majority of players also have to shoulder some of the blame.

Once we have the points on the board to be safe then all power to the revolution, but until then it's not doing much good.

COYBs.

To clarify I don't boo, or won't moan over misplaced passes, I just observe.
But I just haven't got the enthusiasm to sing in support, it's been sucked out of me over the last two years.

Norwich away I had it in me, but only because it was them

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:34 - Apr 3 with 1065 viewskizaitfc

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:14 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

The football has largely been pretty poor but my issue is with the immediate assumption that Mick 'blames the fans' for everything.

FWIW I think it's best for both parties if he left at the end of the season but I don't trust Evans to make a good job of picking a replacement, and the manager is far from the biggest problem at the club.

He continuously has a dig at the fans, yet praises the life out or Marcus, I think its about time he grew a pair and told the media what he really thinks the issue is.

Because in fairness to Mick he hasn't been backed, yet he sits there happily and simply uses that as an excuse but doing nothing about it.

If fans don't show their discontent nothing changes IMO.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:37 - Apr 3 with 1054 viewsSteve_M

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:34 - Apr 3 by kizaitfc

He continuously has a dig at the fans, yet praises the life out or Marcus, I think its about time he grew a pair and told the media what he really thinks the issue is.

Because in fairness to Mick he hasn't been backed, yet he sits there happily and simply uses that as an excuse but doing nothing about it.

If fans don't show their discontent nothing changes IMO.

Man in not publicly criticising his boss shock.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 17:07 - Apr 3 with 977 viewspatrickswell

He has brought it on himself with sone of the selections recently. To effectively play a back 7 at home to a Wolves side that had lost 6 in a row was ludicrous. And it nearly rebounded on us because Wolves were the better team in the second half, whereas Mick did nothing to change things except to throw on Keiffer Moore with 8 minutes to go.

Then we get Saturday. If both teams regard it as "don't lose", how much more anxiety might we have engendered in Birmingham if we had gone out to attack them? Unfortunately with Lawrence and Huws both injured, the lack of pace in the side rules it out, I suppose- but start with Bru, or a genuine wideman like Rowe if we're going 4-4-2.

He can blame the fans, but it is ultimately his fault unless Brazil's Most Wanted in the boardroom gives him funds to get players who will make the 7-3-0 work successfully.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 17:38 - Apr 3 with 922 viewsblueswayedviews

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:16 - Apr 3 by Bluebell

Yes, he is right.

How many other people would like booing and negative comments in their place of work.

As others have said since Saturday....get behind the team while they are playing. Cheer, shout and sing for all you are worth. We need to win tomorrow. We have Fulham, Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday coming up and I can't see us getting anything out of those games.

Let's get behind the team tomorrow and see if what Mick is saying is right! Three points will make all the difference at the moment.

Perhaps if one performed as badly at their job as MM has in the last 18-20 months they would not be in that position.

His time has been and gone, he is a wage taker, a tenant, this is our club we will always be supporters and feel for the club, he feels nothing, no shame no embarrassment.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 17:52 - Apr 3 with 895 viewsClausThomsen

He thought playing Douglas on Saturday would help - he's in full-on unconscious sabotage mode.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 17:57 - Apr 3 with 882 viewsClausThomsen

Of course it does.

So why play a player that you KNOW will increase the negativity among the supporters? It's poor management. Again.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 18:11 - Apr 3 with 846 viewsClausThomsen

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 15:14 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

No-one's saying Mick blames the fans for everything. That's ridiculous.

He never blames himself, that's for sure. He's blamed everything else though - including the fans.

The biggest problem at the club is the owner - because he won't sack managers when they've completely lost their sh*t.
Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 18:34 - Apr 3 with 799 viewsGuthrum

Does Mick really think those words are going to help? on 17:57 - Apr 3 by ClausThomsen

Of course it does.

So why play a player that you KNOW will increase the negativity among the supporters? It's poor management. Again.

Probably because he thought that player was the best one in that position for that game, from those he had available.

Would you rather have a manager who picks players based on whether the fans like them or not?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024