Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitman Leaving 10:54 - May 10 with 7191 viewsDublinBlue84

Not really been given a fair crack of the whip in the last few months has he?

No doubt Moore and Samuel will stay though..

Moore should be the first one out the door.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 11:01]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:56 - May 10 with 3724 viewsitfcjoe

Pitman isn't that good, a very limited player and definitely not going to be a big loss.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pitman Told he can leave! on 10:57 - May 10 with 3711 viewsDublinBlue84

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:56 - May 10 by itfcjoe

Pitman isn't that good, a very limited player and definitely not going to be a big loss.

I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire, but he's a darn sight better than Kiefer Moore and Samuel who it appears MM rated far higher!
[Post edited 10 May 2017 10:57]

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:57 - May 10 with 3703 viewstheipswichman

Why is it a disgrace that a players been left out of the team? He's a footballer and has to deal with it, Pitman isn't that good. We need better.

My worry is the continuous link with Dominic Samuel who didn't look that great on loan.
Pitman Told he can leave on 10:58 - May 10 with 3688 viewsDublinBlue84

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:57 - May 10 by theipswichman

Why is it a disgrace that a players been left out of the team? He's a footballer and has to deal with it, Pitman isn't that good. We need better.

My worry is the continuous link with Dominic Samuel who didn't look that great on loan.

My point isn't so much Pitman is going - more the fact that it appears Moore and Samuel who are far inferior have a strong chance of staying.

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:58 - May 10 with 3682 viewsstickymockwell

Why?
It's part of football. If he finds another club which will play him and give him a three year contract then surely it's best for him and the club. If not he gets another years salary from town but will not feature as much as he likes. Mick did the same thing to Tabby, but he stayed and by all accounts was fantastic.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:59 - May 10 with 3671 viewsKieran_Knows

Would you say he was one of our better earners here as well? If so, getting him off the wage bill can only be a good thing as well, and hopefully gives Mick some leeway in terms of improving the squad.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:59 - May 10 with 3663 viewsDublinBlue84

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:58 - May 10 by stickymockwell

Why?
It's part of football. If he finds another club which will play him and give him a three year contract then surely it's best for him and the club. If not he gets another years salary from town but will not feature as much as he likes. Mick did the same thing to Tabby, but he stayed and by all accounts was fantastic.

Do you really think that Moore and Samuel are better?

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:00 - May 10 with 3642 viewstheipswichman

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:59 - May 10 by DublinBlue84

Moore won't be earning anywhere near the amount Pitman is.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:00 - May 10 with 3641 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Never really found a place in the system(s) we have played.

A very gifted finisher but his overall game wasn't suited to us and he seemed to go missing for large spells.

I suppose he would be worth keeping hold of, but if he isn't happy and we are having to be thrifty then spending his (probably not insignificant) wages on a benchwarmer doesn't make any sense.

I expect he'll stay in the championship and bag 10 goals next season for someone like Brizzle or QPR
Pitman Told he can leave on 11:01 - May 10 with 3634 viewsstickymockwell

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:58 - May 10 by DublinBlue84

My point isn't so much Pitman is going - more the fact that it appears Moore and Samuel who are far inferior have a strong chance of staying.

Who are on a helluva less Wonga. I doubt very much that Samuel will stay anyway as he was just a loan. KM will be given a season to prove himself and then probably get released next summer. I don't see what the big deal is.

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:01 - May 10 with 3628 viewsSmithy

Done little here to be honest, looked better in his first season coming off the bench and whenever he has started has been disappointing.

Good finisher but doesn't work hard enough outside the box for me, has little pace and poor in the air, certainly can't play the target man role.

Not surprised hes being let go, best for both parties but Samuel shouldn't be signed as his replacement as I don't think he is an improvement on Pitman.

Definitely need to be looking to sign a couple of strikers now, with only Sears and McGoldrick first team options, with the latter likely to play 20 games at the most!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Pitman Leaving on 11:01 - May 10 with 3620 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Disappointed about Pitman as he can be lethal coming off the bench.

Not surprised though and expect there will be a few clubs that will take him.

Cant see too many takers for Bru though, might be one we have to pay off.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:01 - May 10 with 3617 viewsDublinBlue84

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:00 - May 10 by theipswichman

Moore won't be earning anywhere near the amount Pitman is.

May as well get our wage bill in line for League One so.

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:02 - May 10 with 3616 viewschislehurstblue

No, and I dont think MM feels that way either. He has given both Samuel and Moore time in the team to see how they are. Nothing more nothing less.

Why do some of our deluded fans make stuff up is beyond me. I think MM even said so himself that he wanted to see what these two players were like!
Pitman Told he can leave! on 11:02 - May 10 with 3608 viewsitfcjoe

Pitman Told he can leave! on 10:57 - May 10 by DublinBlue84

I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire, but he's a darn sight better than Kiefer Moore and Samuel who it appears MM rated far higher!

Moore is a cheap punt and Samuel is an up and comer - I haven't seen enough from either to be impressed but Pitman will be earning good money as an established player and isn't cutting it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:06 - May 10 with 3562 viewsArcher4721

Indeed. Same with Bru. It amazes me when fans have been moaning about our players not being good enough all season and when something positive is done and they're let go those same people moan about them being let go.

The club just can't win with our fans it seems.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 11:07]
Pitman Leaving on 11:07 - May 10 with 3548 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He's on decent money so will be interesting to see if he can find a deal somewhere that suits him.
Pitman Told he can leave on 11:07 - May 10 with 3542 viewsstickymockwell

No.
But they won't be the main strikers next season. Pitman is at the stage of his career where he isn't going to develop and will want to be playing 1st team football.
He really hasn't been treated badly. If he hasn't been good enough to be the regular striker in this team then you can see why Mick would want to move him on so his wages are freed up for an establish forward (fingers crossed)

Pitman Leaving on 11:15 - May 10 with 3471 viewsTractorWood

Decent finisher but very little else.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Pitman Leaving on 11:15 - May 10 with 3466 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Just an excuse to put this on another thread

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Pitman Told he can leave on 11:17 - May 10 with 3439 viewsElderGrizzly

Pitman Told he can leave on 10:59 - May 10 by Kieran_Knows

Would you say he was one of our better earners here as well? If so, getting him off the wage bill can only be a good thing as well, and hopefully gives Mick some leeway in terms of improving the squad.

We've removed about £1.5m from the wage bill in just letting Pitman, Douglas and Berra leaving.

That is the only positive, as long as it is given to the right replacements 🙄
Pitman Leaving on 11:19 - May 10 with 3417 viewshype313

Good, plenty of others need to be shown the door too given our performances over the past 18 months.

Skuse next.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pitman Leaving on 11:21 - May 10 with 3384 viewsSteve_M

Pitman Leaving on 11:15 - May 10 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Just an excuse to put this on another thread

Yes, the goals reel will will look very good.

He is an excellent finisher but doesn't have much of an all round game nor the fitness to regularly play full matches. That's not just an indictment of our play over the last two years, it's just the nature of the player.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 11:26]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pitman Leaving on 11:22 - May 10 with 3377 viewsgoat_man

Pitman is an out and out finisher who needs to play infront of a creative midfield and wingers. If we aren't going to bother playing with those types of players then Pitman won't get a look in as he doesn't create chances for himself.

I really hope we don't sign Samuel, he's terrible!
Pitman Told he can leave! on 11:22 - May 10 with 3369 viewsTIB

Pitman Told he can leave! on 10:57 - May 10 by DublinBlue84

Moore has potential and deserves a full pre-season to try and crack on. He's a unit and will happily train and can be called upon when required. For £10k there is no harm in keeping him.

Samuel needs game time and to be played in the right system. Showed glimpses of quality against Forest but looked to lack that match sharpness and understanding of his teammates around him.

Pitman I do think has the ability to get a team at this level 15 goals a season and I'm sure he'll do well somewhere else, he's going though, time to crack on and embrace the squad overhaul a lot of us called for...it certainly looks like we're trying to clear out and bring in early doors which is a positive sign.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024