Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Butcher straight to the point 06:31 - Jun 7 with 7277 viewsBenters

Reckons he is concerned at the lack of transfer activity at PR, and town must finally sign a replacement for Murph this summer, and that should be the top priority this summer.

He also says Joe Garner isnt the man .

In other news Didz has hurt his knee again.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 07:10 - Jun 7 with 6361 viewschristiand

Terry Butcher hasn't read Milne's recent comments that the club are going to spark into life from the middle of June onwards? I'm with Terry on this. Hasn't stopped other clubs from starting their business early, we on the other hand sit back and watch.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 07:20 - Jun 7 with 6318 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Great manager was Terry.
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 07:43 - Jun 7 with 6226 viewsHerbivore

We've made a signing this summer, which is more than most sides have done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 08:16 - Jun 7 with 6115 viewsmaccyd9

I wouldn't listen to Butcher too much, he's far from credible in the managerial stakes.

The biggest issue was Milne's recent statement and in particular the use of the word "decent" when he describes our level of targeted signings.

It smacks of a club with either very little ambition, no real plan or a guy who literally has no idea on how to talk on a football level. All 3 are worrying.
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 08:20 - Jun 7 with 6100 viewsJakeITFC

The transfer window isn't even open.
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 08:25 - Jun 7 with 6069 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He's made of string.....make that 2 strikers needed Terry !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 08:56 - Jun 7 with 5969 viewstcblue

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 08:20 - Jun 7 by JakeITFC

This.

Really guys, at least give the club a chance to fail
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:07 - Jun 7 with 5923 viewschristiand

Hasn't stopped other clubs already making loan signings for next season. Do we only spring into life come 15th June 2017?

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:07 - Jun 7 with 5925 viewsSwailsey

Terry Butcher comes across as a massive tool in his book and everything I've read about him backs that up, so I take no notice of what he says.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:11 - Jun 7 with 5902 viewschristiand

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:07 - Jun 7 by Swailsey

Terry Butcher comes across as a massive tool in his book and everything I've read about him backs that up, so I take no notice of what he says.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you can't argue that the man has Ipswich in his heart and knows a bit about football - more than any of us on this forum. Just feel he is calling it as he sees it, nothing to do with his managerial qualities.

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:15 - Jun 7 with 5881 viewstcblue

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:07 - Jun 7 by christiand

Hasn't stopped other clubs already making loan signings for next season. Do we only spring into life come 15th June 2017?

Wait, I thought we'd all had enough of the loans and wanted permanent signings? This place is so confusing
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:15 - Jun 7 with 5877 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll start worrying if we've gone 1 or 2 of the early preseason games and there's still no movement on new and significant replacements. Probably with a no. 9 a priority, but let's face it we could do with strengthening in a number of areas.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:21 - Jun 7 with 5853 viewschristiand

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:15 - Jun 7 by tcblue

Wait, I thought we'd all had enough of the loans and wanted permanent signings? This place is so confusing

Some might, but we can't go a full season without at least a couple of loan signings added to our squad and credit to MM he has picked up a couple of excellent loans in Fraser and Lawrence over the last few seasons. Huddersfield had 4 in their ranks, I think? Can't see why we can't act early to get them signed up, instead of waiting until a supposed magical date when the club rises from the ashes like a Phoenix!! 😂

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:44 - Jun 7 with 5795 viewschristiand

Interesting, Curtis Davies signed for Derby County for an disclosed fee from Hull City. Transfer window open or just not to us?

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:02 - Jun 7 with 5748 viewsArnieM

Butcher may not have had the best managerial record - nor has Mick Mills. But he is right to be concerned about the last if transfer activity at our Club.

Other Clubs are actively signing players. Whilst Town can inly offer a current player a 2 yr deal. Two striker targets have either signed for other Clubs or are about too.

Milne drones on the usual PR spin and we currently have just 19 players in the squad.

Just WTF is going on at this Club.

We are IMO unlikely to be signing any permanent deals of note. Town have become
" damaged goods" in terms of ownership, playing style , footballers career development, promotion prospects and likely relegation credentials. What decent player in their right mind is going to want to join us now !

The Rotten apple in all of this is Marcus Evans. He has clearly list interest in his "toy" and is trying to re-coup his costs but can't get the price he wants. So the Club deteriorates further still under his ownership.

MM's football style may not be ideal ( it's awful), but to give him some credit he has been given virtually no funds when compared to the likes of Magilton, Keane, Jewell who were each given £M's

Fans have left in their thousands - to the point that thr Club simply dare not reveal the true extent. But I personally doubt we have sold even 8k for the coming season as fans wait to see what action Evans takes.......and so the downward spiral continues.

I honestly FEAR for our Club's very existence.

I'm a very concerned die hard Town fan.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 10:04]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:16 - Jun 7 with 5699 viewsStenvict

I thought we were all fed up of people outside the club commenting on our predicament?

At least that's the case whenever someone defends MM.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:26 - Jun 7 with 5665 viewsWestSussexBlue

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:11 - Jun 7 by christiand

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you can't argue that the man has Ipswich in his heart and knows a bit about football - more than any of us on this forum. Just feel he is calling it as he sees it, nothing to do with his managerial qualities.

Spot on.
After the debacle at Lincoln it was Butch that said it as it was live on BBC, truly embarrassing.
It's true his managerial record is questionable but at least he says what most of us Town fans are thinking.
A True Blue.
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:37 - Jun 7 with 5636 viewstcblue

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 09:21 - Jun 7 by christiand

Some might, but we can't go a full season without at least a couple of loan signings added to our squad and credit to MM he has picked up a couple of excellent loans in Fraser and Lawrence over the last few seasons. Huddersfield had 4 in their ranks, I think? Can't see why we can't act early to get them signed up, instead of waiting until a supposed magical date when the club rises from the ashes like a Phoenix!! 😂

I would be very wary of loan signings this early, parent clubs are still working out their first teams, likely departures and arrivals, the only loanees available now would be those with zero chance for the new season, don't we want PL fringe?
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:38 - Jun 7 with 5635 viewsWickets

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:26 - Jun 7 by WestSussexBlue

Spot on.
After the debacle at Lincoln it was Butch that said it as it was live on BBC, truly embarrassing.
It's true his managerial record is questionable but at least he says what most of us Town fans are thinking.
A True Blue.

Yes i agree with what you say but at the same time i dont feel we need to panic YET.
Terry Butcher straight to the point on 04:51 - Jun 8 with 5343 viewsBenters

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:26 - Jun 7 by WestSussexBlue

Spot on.
A True Blue.

He was of course right!

Gentlybentley

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 04:56 - Jun 8 with 5338 viewsBenters

Erm yes it is,why say it isnt ?

Curtis Davies signed for Derby from Hull Yesterday.

'The clubs first signing of the close-season'

Oh sorry you just meant it isnt open for sleepy old towen!

Gentlybentley

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 05:00 - Jun 8 with 5337 viewsBenters

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:02 - Jun 7 by ArnieM

Butcher may not have had the best managerial record - nor has Mick Mills. But he is right to be concerned about the last if transfer activity at our Club.

Other Clubs are actively signing players. Whilst Town can inly offer a current player a 2 yr deal. Two striker targets have either signed for other Clubs or are about too.

Milne drones on the usual PR spin and we currently have just 19 players in the squad.

" damaged goods" in terms of ownership, playing style , footballers career development, promotion prospects and likely relegation credentials. What decent player in their right mind is going to want to join us now !

The Rotten apple in all of this is Marcus Evans. He has clearly list interest in his "toy" and is trying to re-coup his costs but can't get the price he wants. So the Club deteriorates further still under his ownership.

MM's football style may not be ideal ( it's awful), but to give him some credit he has been given virtually no funds when compared to the likes of Magilton, Keane, Jewell who were each given £M's

Fans have left in their thousands - to the point that thr Club simply dare not reveal the true extent. But I personally doubt we have sold even 8k for the coming season as fans wait to see what action Evans takes.......and so the downward spiral continues.

Bang on Sir.

Gentlybentley

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 05:04 - Jun 8 with 5333 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 10:02 - Jun 7 by ArnieM

I echo these comments.

We are 5/2 to be relegated next season, and predicted to be either 3rd-5th favourites for relegation depending upon which bookies you look at.

Extremely concerned for our future in the Championship.

It's ok for people to say "oh, but hardly any clubs done any deals yet". Ok. But 4 of our potential targets (Watkins, Ward, Patterson and Maguire) all seem to be signed up by opposition clubs.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 05:12 - Jun 8 with 5325 viewsBenters

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 05:04 - Jun 8 by BrettenhamBlue

I echo these comments.

We are 5/2 to be relegated next season, and predicted to be either 3rd-5th favourites for relegation depending upon which bookies you look at.

Extremely concerned for our future in the Championship.

It's ok for people to say "oh, but hardly any clubs done any deals yet". Ok. But 4 of our potential targets (Watkins, Ward, Patterson and Maguire) all seem to be signed up by opposition clubs.

Yeah but the window isnt open yet!

You can see how this is going to go cant you,link after link town showing a 'interest' in players all summer.

You would have thought after last seasons nightmare,the club would be working flat out to put it right,and to win some of those fans back who have walked away?

Is that too much to ask?

Gentlybentley

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 07:01 - Jun 8 with 5241 viewsBlue_badge

Terry Butcher straight to the point on 07:43 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

We've made a signing this summer, which is more than most sides have done.

By which you mean we've extended/renewed the contract of someone who was here last season. That can't strengthen us from when we ended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024