Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 11:08 - Jul 3 with 8381 views12th_Man

Birmingham City have enquired about signing Leicester City winger Tom Lawrence on loan #BCFC #KRO #Birmingham https://t.co/VIETjkDHnP

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:16 - Jul 3 with 7290 viewsGodBlue

As much as I'm sure that Twitter account is nonesense, another long term loan would seem an odd move for him at 23. I'd expect him to want to find a club to settle at if Leicester can't offer him game time.

Surely someone will make a more permanent move for him... and, as unlikely as it is, I'd still bloody love for it to be us!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Harry's there..... on 11:20 - Jul 3 with 7231 viewsBloots

....they are going to "enquire" about everyone.

It's his thing.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Harry's there..... on 11:24 - Jul 3 with 7166 viewsFixed_It

Harry's there..... on 11:20 - Jul 3 by Bloots

It's his thing.

I doubt he's ever known the bones to be so bare.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:25 - Jul 3 with 7174 viewsJimmy86

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:16 - Jul 3 by GodBlue

As much as I'm sure that Twitter account is nonesense, another long term loan would seem an odd move for him at 23. I'd expect him to want to find a club to settle at if Leicester can't offer him game time.

Surely someone will make a more permanent move for him... and, as unlikely as it is, I'd still bloody love for it to be us!

I still have an inkling that we could well be in for Lawrence if he was available. It's just the way Mick talks about not signing players, until they sell some first.

Evans seems to have loosened the purse strings slightly and Lawrence clearly proved he made a difference. Wonder what sort of fee Lawrence would fetch.
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:28 - Jul 3 with 7093 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:25 - Jul 3 by Jimmy86

I still have an inkling that we could well be in for Lawrence if he was available. It's just the way Mick talks about not signing players, until they sell some first.

Evans seems to have loosened the purse strings slightly and Lawrence clearly proved he made a difference. Wonder what sort of fee Lawrence would fetch.

I read somewhere it was as low as £1.8 million.

But surely it would more likely be £4-5 million.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:30 - Jul 3 with 7071 viewsRudyard83

I got that feeling too, but when Mick was going through the list of the people we've lost. He said something like "Berra's gone, Dougie's gone..." And then said "Lawrence isn't here" which at a stretch could be i getting that he may be coming back. It is a stretch though
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:32 - Jul 3 with 7039 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If/when Derby sell Tom Ince to Huddersfield I expect Lawrence to be one of their top targets as a replacement and would be a good fit there as well.

As others have said he'd probably fetch upwards of £3m which would put us out of the running.
I think the speed at which.... on 11:33 - Jul 3 with 7022 viewsBloots

...we got Celina in confirmed that Lawrence isn't on his way back.

Plus I don't think his on field attitude would have done him any favours with our manager (rightly or wrongly) , particularly towards the end of the season.

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:36 - Jul 3 with 6969 viewsPhilTWTD

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:30 - Jul 3 by Rudyard83

I got that feeling too, but when Mick was going through the list of the people we've lost. He said something like "Berra's gone, Dougie's gone..." And then said "Lawrence isn't here" which at a stretch could be i getting that he may be coming back. It is a stretch though

He actually mentioned Lawrence twice when listing those who had left but I left one of them out when I wrote it up!
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:38 - Jul 3 with 6919 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:32 - Jul 3 by King_of_Portman_Rd

If/when Derby sell Tom Ince to Huddersfield I expect Lawrence to be one of their top targets as a replacement and would be a good fit there as well.

As others have said he'd probably fetch upwards of £3m which would put us out of the running.

I'd expect at least £3m to £5m seeing some of the fees mentioned for others of similar ability.

I think Derby were talking of £8m for Ince

He must have a chance of breaking through at Leicester this season, so any loan would surely be a very late decision nearer the end of the window?
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:40 - Jul 3 with 6877 viewsSteve_M

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:32 - Jul 3 by King_of_Portman_Rd

They'll probably pay £6m for him as they seem incapable of paying any less.

Has anyone done a sweepstake on when Rowett will get sacked?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:43 - Jul 3 with 6817 viewsKieran_Knows

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:38 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

I'd expect at least £3m to £5m seeing some of the fees mentioned for others of similar ability.

I think Derby were talking of £8m for Ince

He must have a chance of breaking through at Leicester this season, so any loan would surely be a very late decision nearer the end of the window?

'He must have a chance of breaking through at Leicester this season' ... i'll bet you a pint of whatever your tipple is he won't be playing for Leicester/top division football next season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I think the speed at which.... on 11:45 - Jul 3 with 6775 viewshomer_123

I think the speed at which.... on 11:33 - Jul 3 by Bloots

Plus I don't think his on field attitude would have done him any favours with our manager (rightly or wrongly) , particularly towards the end of the season.

Not sure I fully agree there Bloots. Yes, he's got a streak in him, hasn't he? But his work ethic and team play etc. can't really be questioned.

There are times when he's petulant and certainly picked up the odd yellow card too many but some of that make up works towards his ability as a footballer as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 6760 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:43 - Jul 3 by Kieran_Knows

'He must have a chance of breaking through at Leicester this season' ... i'll bet you a pint of whatever your tipple is he won't be playing for Leicester/top division football next season.

Once Mahrez leaves they'll be splashing cash on some high profile signings which unfortunately means the likes of Lawrence get further from the Manager's thoughts.

He proved last season he can do the business in the championship, but Leicester have aspirations a lot higher and want someone to do it now. Like I said, I think Derby will be who he ends up playing for next season
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:48 - Jul 3 with 6722 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:36 - Jul 3 by PhilTWTD

He actually mentioned Lawrence twice when listing those who had left but I left one of them out when I wrote it up!

You don't think there's a small chance we will sign him on a permanent basis then?

Poll: Best Football Song

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:52 - Jul 3 with 6655 viewsElderGrizzly

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:43 - Jul 3 by Kieran_Knows

Just think he'll get more chance with Shakespeare in charge than Ranieri, when he decided to loan him out all season.

You may well be right if they spend a load on new signings, but he did enough here to at least be in their squad in my opinion. Their aspirations are probably avoiding relegation now, with no European football etc.

Maybe one of the newly promoted clubs? Brighton?
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:57 - Jul 3 with 6557 viewsJimmyJazz

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:46 - Jul 3 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Once Mahrez leaves they'll be splashing cash on some high profile signings which unfortunately means the likes of Lawrence get further from the Manager's thoughts.

He proved last season he can do the business in the championship, but Leicester have aspirations a lot higher and want someone to do it now. Like I said, I think Derby will be who he ends up playing for next season

Derby / Leicester rivalry? It would be like Norwich not wanting Maddison and selling him to us

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Yeah, I'm probably being over critical.... on 11:58 - Jul 3 with 6546 viewsBloots

I think the speed at which.... on 11:45 - Jul 3 by homer_123

Not sure I fully agree there Bloots. Yes, he's got a streak in him, hasn't he? But his work ethic and team play etc. can't really be questioned.

There are times when he's petulant and certainly picked up the odd yellow card too many but some of that make up works towards his ability as a footballer as well.

....it was just that pointless booking at Brighton that led to his suspension that annoyed me.

You could see he was going to get booked as soon as the match started that day.

Annoying.

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 12:01 - Jul 3 with 6513 viewsKieran_Knows

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:52 - Jul 3 by ElderGrizzly

Just think he'll get more chance with Shakespeare in charge than Ranieri, when he decided to loan him out all season.

You may well be right if they spend a load on new signings, but he did enough here to at least be in their squad in my opinion. Their aspirations are probably avoiding relegation now, with no European football etc.

Maybe one of the newly promoted clubs? Brighton?

I'm not so sure. I just think they'll look to spend big again (already have on Maguire from Hull), and should they get the reported £35m for Mahrez, they'll reinvest that again.

I can only really see him going to one of the bigger spending sides in this division, so someone like Derby, or maybe even Sunderland now Grayson is there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Harry's there..... on 12:07 - Jul 3 with 6414 viewsBlueBadger

Harry's there..... on 11:20 - Jul 3 by Bloots

It's his thing.

What with 'ones 'arry at Brum and Yer Man at Wolves, I wonder of the stationers of the Black Country are able to keep up with the upsurge in demand for brown envelopes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 12:08 - Jul 3 with 6399 viewsblueblood66

'Bigger and better things' - MM
HAHAHAHAHA
I think the speed at which.... on 12:10 - Jul 3 with 6377 viewsJimmy86

I think the speed at which.... on 11:33 - Jul 3 by Bloots

Garner has a worse attitude than Lawrence though and likes jumping with a flailing arm. He also likes getting in the refs air. Hope he does well, but he's a nasty sh1t.

I've just got a feeling that after signing a couple of players for sensible fees we might see 1 bigger fee paid, hence the clearing of the decks
Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 12:14 - Jul 3 with 6321 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Looks like he could be back in Ipswich soon 😩 on 11:57 - Jul 3 by JimmyJazz

Derby / Leicester rivalry? It would be like Norwich not wanting Maddison and selling him to us

It's not really a proper rivalry. Working in Loughborough I work with plenty of local football fans and it's clear that Derby and Forest hate each other, but Leicester are pretty much third wheel to that relationship and for some reason Leicester have more rivalry with Coventry.

Think any Leicester / East Midland rivalries are only apparent when they play each other which hasn't been that often in past few years
There's nothing wrong with..... on 12:18 - Jul 3 with 6252 viewsBloots

I think the speed at which.... on 12:10 - Jul 3 by Jimmy86

Garner has a worse attitude than Lawrence though and likes jumping with a flailing arm. He also likes getting in the refs air. Hope he does well, but he's a nasty sh1t.

I've just got a feeling that after signing a couple of players for sensible fees we might see 1 bigger fee paid, hence the clearing of the decks

...."getting in the ref's ear" at the right times.

Equally nothing wrong with being nasty, at the right time.

It's something we've been missing for a while now.

Lawrence's problem was not doing it, but knowing when to not do it.

But as I said, I'm probably being harsh, given his level of experience.

There's nothing wrong with..... on 12:23 - Jul 3 with 6192 viewsJimmy86

There's nothing wrong with..... on 12:18 - Jul 3 by Bloots

...."getting in the ref's ear" at the right times.

Equally nothing wrong with being nasty, at the right time.

It's something we've been missing for a while now.

Lawrence's problem was not doing it, but knowing when to not do it.

But as I said, I'm probably being harsh, given his level of experience.

Like I say I hope Garner does well and having seen him play he's the kind of player I'd rather have on my team than play against him, just think he's a red card waiting to happen. I remember he caught Berra with an elbow at PR and then had a pop at the ref for it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024