Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? 11:26 - Jul 2 with 8924 viewsgroovyASH

With the 2 quality additions to midfield last week and the apparent interest in adding another as well as a wide player I do not see either Hyam or Bishop being here for much longer. We have an abundance of midfield players now and you get the impression MM prefers Dozzell and even Nydam.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 11:45 - Jul 2 with 7867 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect this season will be make-or-break for both of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:04 - Jul 2 with 7807 viewsCurrie10

Hopefully the end of the road for injury plagued and in my opinion overrated Hyam when fit.Simply not good enough.

Shame the way Teddy went this season however he can certainly get back to it.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:06 - Jul 2 with 7802 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bishop loaned out.

Hyam strikes me as somebody who needs a fresh start.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:24 - Jul 2 with 7740 viewschristiand

Too soon to write off Bishop, as he showed during our play off campaign he is probably the best footballer at the club. Just hope he has a solid pre-season stays healthy and allows his ability to do the talking. Hyam is just another 'two a penny' Championship midfielder - works hard and gives 100% but hasn't got that ability, like Bishop, to be a top midfielder. Wish them both well for this season though!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:36 - Jul 2 with 7698 viewsTractorchef

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:06 - Jul 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bishop loaned out.

Hyam strikes me as somebody who needs a fresh start.

I think that would be the best option, hopefully he can get some game time and regain some form and confidence. Would be really sad to see him fall away completely after such a promising first season.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 7694 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:24 - Jul 2 by christiand

Too soon to write off Bishop, as he showed during our play off campaign he is probably the best footballer at the club. Just hope he has a solid pre-season stays healthy and allows his ability to do the talking. Hyam is just another 'two a penny' Championship midfielder - works hard and gives 100% but hasn't got that ability, like Bishop, to be a top midfielder. Wish them both well for this season though!

Not even close to being the best football at the club. Best dribbler potentially.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:54 - Jul 2 with 7639 viewsjudespiveyg

I feel like Hyam will be kept as defensive midfield cover for Skuse. (Although if fit I'd rather Hyam started) Bishop I imagine will go out on loan.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 13:05 - Jul 2 with 7607 viewsRudyard83

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:38 - Jul 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Not even close to being the best football at the club. Best dribbler potentially.

I agree, he's probably not the best football. However as a footballer he's up there as a better one at the club
Login to get fewer ads

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:06 - Jul 2 with 7433 viewschristiand

Interested to see your best footballer at Ipswich? Lots of good things came through Bishop when we reached the play offs. The boy can dribble, he has a range of passing and is comfortable on the ball, that's a good footballer in my eyes.

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:21 - Jul 2 with 7396 viewsPJH

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:06 - Jul 2 by christiand

Interested to see your best footballer at Ipswich? Lots of good things came through Bishop when we reached the play offs. The boy can dribble, he has a range of passing and is comfortable on the ball, that's a good footballer in my eyes.

In my opinion McGoldrick is far and away the best footballer at Ipswich.
Bishop is probably as good as any when running with the ball but nowhere near McG as an all round footballer in my view.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:32 - Jul 2 with 7362 viewschristiand

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:21 - Jul 2 by PJH

In my opinion McGoldrick is far and away the best footballer at Ipswich.
Bishop is probably as good as any when running with the ball but nowhere near McG as an all round footballer in my view.

Good point,but I still think Bishop would push McGoldrick if he stays fit.

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:37 - Jul 2 with 7354 viewstextbackup

Who would you have above him as a better footballer? On his day not a single player gets close IMHO, that includes Mcgikdrick.
When mates came in that PO season, who play to really decent levels, they were raving about bishop over everyone else

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:38 - Jul 2 with 7349 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:06 - Jul 2 by christiand

Bialkowski, Webster, Huws, McGoldrkick.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 09:48 - Jul 3 with 7006 viewsblueblood66

Quality? Adeyemi is another runner in the middle, thats it. Calm down love.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 09:51 - Jul 3 with 6996 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 09:48 - Jul 3 by blueblood66

Quality? Adeyemi is another runner in the middle, thats it. Calm down love.

Adeyemi > Hyam

Agree that some are perhaps waxing lyrical and getting ahead of themselves slighly, but he is (on the face of it at least) an upgrade on what we already have and should be considered as a very positive signing in an area that we have under performed in for a couple of years
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 10:22 - Jul 3 with 6948 viewsitfcjoe

Hyam has always seemed to be one of Mick's favourites, so wouldn't be surprised if he does get back in here. I personally prefer him to Skuse in many respects and think his energy gives us something no-one else in squad brings - but he's missed so much time with injury who knows where he will be. Could easily leave and drop down a league and no one would be surprised.

Bishop had a great pre season last year on that role on the right hand side of midfield, hopefully he does again and can start the season with a bang and go from there, and stay fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if both play a lot of games this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if neither do - very up in the air

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 10:25 - Jul 3 with 6940 views_

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 15:32 - Jul 2 by christiand

Good point,but I still think Bishop would push McGoldrick if he stays fit.

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 10:45 - Jul 3 with 6892 viewsIpswichTownNL

I'd let Hyam go and tell Bishop to stop tweeting like a 15 year old girl and start playing football like a man. I'd give him till Januari to make an impact and loan him to the first club that has al ook in if he doesn't.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 10:47]

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 11:01 - Jul 3 with 6859 viewsNo9

Does anyone have an explanation as to why Luke Hyam's injuryproblem seems to have taken so long to resolve?
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:29 - Jul 3 with 6803 viewsparkinshair

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 10:45 - Jul 3 by IpswichTownNL

I'd let Hyam go and tell Bishop to stop tweeting like a 15 year old girl and start playing football like a man. I'd give him till Januari to make an impact and loan him to the first club that has al ook in if he doesn't.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 10:47]

I think you're being unfair on 15 year old girls. Bishop's tweets are far worse. He appears to enjoy watching Love Island. Do we need that in a player?

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 12:32 - Jul 3 with 6786 viewsPhilTWTD

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 11:01 - Jul 3 by No9

Does anyone have an explanation as to why Luke Hyam's injuryproblem seems to have taken so long to resolve?

Wasn't one problem, was two. He got over the nerve injury in his knee but turned his ankle in training before he'd made it back into the team. Mick spoke about it in his press conference last week.

McCarthy: Summer Has Flown By 26th Jun 2017 16:29
Town boss Mick McCarthy and his squad were back at Playford Road for the start of pre-season training this morning. 13

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 13:03 - Jul 3 with 6710 viewsblueblood66

McCarthy ruins creative midfielder shocker
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 13:09 - Jul 3 with 6688 viewsLankHenners

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 13:03 - Jul 3 by blueblood66

McCarthy ruins creative midfielder shocker

The same McCarthy who gave him his debut and started him multiple times in midfield in the season we finished 6th, where Bishop was getting multiple plaudits from commentators and opposite managers alike? That McCarthy?

Still, I suppose it's Mick's fault that Bishop got injured and has struggled to regain full form or fitness since.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 00:37 - Jul 9 with 6453 viewsCurrie10

Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 10:22 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Hyam has always seemed to be one of Mick's favourites, so wouldn't be surprised if he does get back in here. I personally prefer him to Skuse in many respects and think his energy gives us something no-one else in squad brings - but he's missed so much time with injury who knows where he will be. Could easily leave and drop down a league and no one would be surprised.

Bishop had a great pre season last year on that role on the right hand side of midfield, hopefully he does again and can start the season with a bang and go from there, and stay fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if both play a lot of games this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if neither do - very up in the air

Hyam may h ave the energy levels - however like a certain Kevin Bru it's all well and good wasting your fitness levels by constantly having zero positional awareness.

A trier sure and good squad filler - good enough starter for 40+ games to come top 6? not for me.
Hyam and Bishop future elsewhere? on 01:35 - Jul 9 with 6412 viewsWeirdFishes

I think Hyam has had his day here, it would be best for his career to move on, Bishop if fit is a quality player and a 6 month loan would do well for him. (I appreciate people may have said the same but I'm too drink to be bothard to check if they have.)

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024