Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The boy Downes 18:01 - Jul 19 with 2335 viewsblueblood66

sounds like a typical Mick player, kicks em up in the air in training, sticks a boot in. Luke Hyam mark 2 then?
The boy Downes on 19:02 - Jul 19 with 2253 viewsBlueBadger

His billing in the EADT suggest Hyam 2.5. As apparently he always look to make a pass and show for the ball and drive up the pitch.

I like the sound of his attitude with reports of him regularly putting first teamers on the arse in training.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The boy Downes on 19:17 - Jul 19 with 2221 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

You clearly have never seen him play, there's much more to his game than you're suggesting. Interesting how you can make such blind judgements on the basis of what, exactly?
The boy Downes on 19:22 - Jul 19 with 2210 viewsPhilTWTD

The boy Downes on 19:17 - Jul 19 by PortmanRoadLibrary

You clearly have never seen him play, there's much more to his game than you're suggesting. Interesting how you can make such blind judgements on the basis of what, exactly?

To be fair, it was Mick who made those comments at the end of last season and I added them to my story earlier.

Downes Signs Another New Deal 19th Jul 2017 17:03
Midfielder Flynn Downes has signed a new contract with the Blues which runs to the summer of 2020. 61

The boy Downes on 19:31 - Jul 19 with 2163 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

The boy Downes on 19:22 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, it was Mick who made those comments at the end of last season and I added them to my story earlier.

Downes Signs Another New Deal 19th Jul 2017 17:03
Midfielder Flynn Downes has signed a new contract with the Blues which runs to the summer of 2020. 61

That's one aspect of his game, but having seen him play several times , he can also pass , move and get himself into the box, as evidenced by a comment I made on here towards the end of last season:

''I've watched the under 23's half a dozen times this season and they are a credit to Gerard Nash, playing lovely passing football from the back. For me the outstanding player last night was Flynn Downes, who scarcely put a foot wrong all night, weighing in with a couple of goals as well. There is a lot of potential in this group of young players, let's hope it comes to fruition at first team level''.
The boy Downes on 19:58 - Jul 19 with 2071 viewsPhilTWTD

The boy Downes on 19:31 - Jul 19 by PortmanRoadLibrary

That's one aspect of his game, but having seen him play several times , he can also pass , move and get himself into the box, as evidenced by a comment I made on here towards the end of last season:

''I've watched the under 23's half a dozen times this season and they are a credit to Gerard Nash, playing lovely passing football from the back. For me the outstanding player last night was Flynn Downes, who scarcely put a foot wrong all night, weighing in with a couple of goals as well. There is a lot of potential in this group of young players, let's hope it comes to fruition at first team level''.

I think I was at that game as well and you're right, there is a good crop of youngsters coming through. Mick did add that he has ability as well as those other attributes.

“All-round, technically he’s a really good footballer, he’s athletic, he puts his foot in, he’ll compete, he’s a real competitor and he’s a winner on the pitch," McCarthy said after the Forest match.

“He comes over and he shows no respect for the first team, he comes and dumps them on their backsides if they need dumping on their backsides. I love that about him."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024