Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal 16:45 - Aug 11 with 3172 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32048/qpr-say-no-to-towns-away-ticket-pr

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 16:56 - Aug 11 with 3118 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Posh stuck up c***s.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 16:57 - Aug 11 with 3119 viewsnoggin

Complete boycott of QPR away.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 17:26 - Aug 11 with 3061 viewsITFC_Forever

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 16:56 - Aug 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Posh stuck up c***s.

Not sure you can ever call QPR posh.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 3040 viewsnoggin

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 17:26 - Aug 11 by ITFC_Forever

Maybe he just doesn't like Peterborough and missed out a comma.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 17:57 - Aug 11 with 2999 viewsnshearman1

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 16:57 - Aug 11 by noggin

Totally agree. Liverpool fans proved something like this can work.
QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 21:46 - Aug 11 with 2835 viewsJohnhoz

Not sure we can take any high ground in this issue. Whilst this initiative is to be welcomed by supporters..............let's have it right................

We've been ripping fans off for a while now (home fans and visitors) and have consistenly been one of the dearer clubs for ticket prices

This whole inititative came about because last season was terrible, fans were leaving the club in large numbers and something had to be done. It's damage limitation.
If we had finished in the top 6 last year and were averaging 25,000+ this would never have happened.

It was the right thing to do in the current climate but it's got nothing to do with the club listening to fans and helping us out.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 23:25 - Aug 11 with 2710 viewsmonty_radio

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 21:46 - Aug 11 by Johnhoz

Not sure we can take any high ground in this issue. Whilst this initiative is to be welcomed by supporters..............let's have it right................

We've been ripping fans off for a while now (home fans and visitors) and have consistenly been one of the dearer clubs for ticket prices

This whole inititative came about because last season was terrible, fans were leaving the club in large numbers and something had to be done. It's damage limitation.
If we had finished in the top 6 last year and were averaging 25,000+ this would never have happened.

It was the right thing to do in the current climate but it's got nothing to do with the club listening to fans and helping us out.

Agree that we can't take the moral high ground on behalf of a club like ours that, till recently, seemed to have scant regard for the average fan.

Not sure you can say they haven't listened though. O.K. they responded to sounds of mutiny in the air, but at least they heard, even if listening attentively may not quite be the phrase that captures their stance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 23:59 - Aug 11 with 2682 viewsCurrie10

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 21:46 - Aug 11 by Johnhoz

Of course we can.

Many of fans have rightly boycotted Portman Road for a number of years with our laughable away priced tickets. Numbers have been far lower than they would have with several.

No chance Brum would have brought 2000 first day or not would it be £32.50/£35.

Loads of fans on forums slate us and state they won't travel to Portman Road at that price.

The power is with the fans. Without us going, the games dead. Depends if people are happy with the way things are, or want change.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 00:18 - Aug 12 with 2654 viewsnshearman1

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 23:59 - Aug 11 by Currie10

Of course we can.

Many of fans have rightly boycotted Portman Road for a number of years with our laughable away priced tickets. Numbers have been far lower than they would have with several.

No chance Brum would have brought 2000 first day or not would it be £32.50/£35.

Loads of fans on forums slate us and state they won't travel to Portman Road at that price.

The power is with the fans. Without us going, the games dead. Depends if people are happy with the way things are, or want change.

Totally agree. The club - and Mick - is doing all it can to win back fans because the ST holders have walked away. It's one of the few powers we fans still hold.
QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:03 - Aug 12 with 2561 viewsReuser_is_God

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 17:26 - Aug 11 by ITFC_Forever

South Africa road is Kensington when compared with Romford.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:03 - Aug 12 with 2560 viewsSuperfrans

Nonsense. Of course the club should take credit.

A. They've listened to the fans and attempted to do something to boost away attendances, to improve the atmosphere.

B. The previous prices weren't a rip off. They weee the equivalent prices for the same section as charged to home fans. That's perfectly legitimate. We are usually charged less because most other clubs site away fans behind the goal, which is where the cheapest tickets usually are. We're lucky as a club that we have two home ends behind the goal, which maximises the cheaper tickets for home fans.

C. Because of the above (away fans sites where they are and the rule about equivalent home prices), the previous prices were a hangover from a previous regime.

God knows the club makes enough mistakes. They should be held accountable for them. But equally they should be given credit if they do things right. And in his instance, they have not only done things right, but they have taken a lead in the division. Good on them. Whoever has the idea deserves a big pat on the back.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:25 - Aug 12 with 2533 viewsJohnhoz

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:03 - Aug 12 by Superfrans

Nonsense. Of course the club should take credit.

A. They've listened to the fans and attempted to do something to boost away attendances, to improve the atmosphere.

B. The previous prices weren't a rip off. They weee the equivalent prices for the same section as charged to home fans. That's perfectly legitimate. We are usually charged less because most other clubs site away fans behind the goal, which is where the cheapest tickets usually are. We're lucky as a club that we have two home ends behind the goal, which maximises the cheaper tickets for home fans.

C. Because of the above (away fans sites where they are and the rule about equivalent home prices), the previous prices were a hangover from a previous regime.

God knows the club makes enough mistakes. They should be held accountable for them. But equally they should be given credit if they do things right. And in his instance, they have not only done things right, but they have taken a lead in the division. Good on them. Whoever has the idea deserves a big pat on the back.

Fair enough Frans. I don't want a lengthy argument and you make some good points. Just to respond to you..........

A. They've only done it because season ticket sales were falling so dramatically. If season ticket sales had remained the same or improved I don't think this would have happened. However I did say that it is to be welcomed as an initiative.

B. The problem is that home fans now have to pay more for an equivalent seat

C. Fair enough

Have a good day squire. Are you off to Barnsley today. It's a very short journey for me, living in Leeds. And my ticket was only £25

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 09:56 - Aug 12 with 2421 viewsBlueCardigan

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 16:57 - Aug 11 by noggin

I doubt that

BlueFlops

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 06:50 - Aug 13 with 2299 viewsSuperfrans

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:25 - Aug 12 by Johnhoz

Fair enough Frans. I don't want a lengthy argument and you make some good points. Just to respond to you..........

A. They've only done it because season ticket sales were falling so dramatically. If season ticket sales had remained the same or improved I don't think this would have happened. However I did say that it is to be welcomed as an initiative.

B. The problem is that home fans now have to pay more for an equivalent seat

C. Fair enough

Have a good day squire. Are you off to Barnsley today. It's a very short journey for me, living in Leeds. And my ticket was only £25

Fair enough. Cheers.

Apologies if my original post was a bit aggressive. Didn't mean it to be.

Didn't go to the match yesterday - but I was celebrating like a loon while watching a DJ set at Boardmasters when our second went in. Great start to the season. Really looking forward to the Palace match now.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

QPR Say No to Town's Away Ticket Price Cap Proposal on 07:54 - Aug 13 with 2258 viewsRimmersBrace

The real reason for this initiative is because we can't actually charge visiting fans in the lower tier more than £25 either. I'm not sure where the £35 comes from in Phil's article , because I'm fairly sure they can't charge more than £30 for the top tier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024