Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is going wrong for Cresswell? 12:16 - Aug 15 with 1649 viewswkj

I admire the player a lot and certainly am not one of the sour grapes type of people who wishes his career ill because he left, but you have to admit his form has gone through the floor board since his England debut in November. Statistically only completing 0.8 tackles a game on average.

Given how much of an impact he made to west ham when he signed it is a bit of a shame to see him languishing in poor form now.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 12:18]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What's going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:19 - Aug 15 with 1589 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

It's all since Payet left
What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:25 - Aug 15 with 1527 viewsSW6Tractor

Can see Bilic being one of the first out the door this season. Hopefully it will give Cresswell a relatively fresh start.
What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 1512 viewstheblueginger

Cue someone suggest we make a cheeky loan bid....
What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 1451 viewsReuser_is_God

Perhaps we could get him back on loan?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 1450 viewsolimar

Hasnt he been injured? Im sure they said he was working his way back into the first team when he came on as a sub on Sunday.
Personally, I dont think hes ever been particularly excellent at the defensive side of his game, its his attacking instincts and strong left foot that are his assets.
What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:34 - Aug 15 with 1407 viewsbournemouthblue

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:30 - Aug 15 by olimar

Hasnt he been injured? Im sure they said he was working his way back into the first team when he came on as a sub on Sunday.
Personally, I dont think hes ever been particularly excellent at the defensive side of his game, its his attacking instincts and strong left foot that are his assets.

he's basically a black market Leighton Baines, he is defensively adequate but probably lacks the athleticism or agility to be a top defender defensively?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:46 - Aug 15 with 1311 viewsTheBlueBarca

I wouldn't say he's having it that bad, to go from Tranmere Rovers to England international in 6 years without playing for a big club is some achievement.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 1274 viewsolimar

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:34 - Aug 15 by bournemouthblue

he's basically a black market Leighton Baines, he is defensively adequate but probably lacks the athleticism or agility to be a top defender defensively?

I have to be honest, when we sold him, I expected that his defensive limitations might see him found out. He thrived however, which maybe indicates the strengths of the PL of course.

I thought he was occasionally caught out of position and needed late tackles to rescue that.
Login to get fewer ads

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 13:09 - Aug 15 with 1157 viewsWallingford_Boy

A defender that doesn't even do one tackle a game?!?!

Is that right??

RIP Sir Bobby

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 13:12 - Aug 15 with 1125 viewshype313

Just taking time to adjust after injury, if they sign Carvalho he will help them defensively as they look very leaky.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 1049 viewsNo9

What is going wrong for Cresswell? on 12:30 - Aug 15 by olimar

I agree with your second para; at Town there were times when he looked a bit weal and in that period Town did concede an awful lot of goals down their left flank
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024