Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? 19:53 - Sep 4 with 5341 viewsIllinoisblue

He's been 6/10 the last three years

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 19:59 - Sep 4 with 5325 viewsRudyard83

Exactly how I feel. Butland is our best keeper by a fair distance IMO
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:04 - Sep 4 with 5318 viewschristiand

I was reading an article today by Peter Shilton in the Daily Mail, he said England have two outstanding goalkeepers in his opinion and Joe Hart isn't one of them! He much prefers Butland and Pickford. He certainly seems like he has gone backwards JH, he is not the same keeper he was when he was first choice at City the first few seasons - that's my opinion not Shilton's.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:07 - Sep 4 with 5297 viewsjas0999

Complacency. The new manager is too inexperienced to see what's right. Easy option.
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:12 - Sep 4 with 5275 viewsolimar

I dont understand why Fraser Forster is suddenly completely out of it though.
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:14 - Sep 4 with 5263 viewsBasuco

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:04 - Sep 4 by christiand

I was reading an article today by Peter Shilton in the Daily Mail, he said England have two outstanding goalkeepers in his opinion and Joe Hart isn't one of them! He much prefers Butland and Pickford. He certainly seems like he has gone backwards JH, he is not the same keeper he was when he was first choice at City the first few seasons - that's my opinion not Shilton's.

David James has said the same thing recently.
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:34 - Sep 4 with 5215 viewsGogs

6/10 is generous in my opinion. He's crap. He's more interested in his head and shoulders adverts
How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:39 - Sep 4 with 5203 viewschristiand

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:12 - Sep 4 by olimar

I dont understand why Fraser Forster is suddenly completely out of it though.

Fraser Forster is behind Tom Heaton in my eyes. Yes he makes saves, but parries a lot of them and for a guy his size - 6'6'' not convincing on crosses either.

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:59 - Sep 4 with 5158 viewsRamRob

Getting to be the same as when David James was considered first choice when his club (Portsmouth?) were bottom of the league and at least 2 other clubs with English keepers were in top 10, Hart being one of them surely the best keeper plays for the highest club in the league.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Login to get fewer ads

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:06 - Sep 4 with 5146 viewschristiand

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:59 - Sep 4 by RamRob

Getting to be the same as when David James was considered first choice when his club (Portsmouth?) were bottom of the league and at least 2 other clubs with English keepers were in top 10, Hart being one of them surely the best keeper plays for the highest club in the league.

Not always. Pickford is a far superior keeper to either Forster or Heaton, but Sunderland got relegated. You know that the keepers playing behind the worst defences will get plenty of work! The decent sides have good defences, will their keepers get much work to show their worth?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:07 - Sep 4 with 5142 viewsVic

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 20:07 - Sep 4 by jas0999

Complacency. The new manager is too inexperienced to see what's right. Easy option.

Disagree. Think he wants to be fair to him, but one costly howler and he'll be history. Nothing to do with inexperience.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:25 - Sep 4 with 5115 viewsRamRob

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:06 - Sep 4 by christiand

Not always. Pickford is a far superior keeper to either Forster or Heaton, but Sunderland got relegated. You know that the keepers playing behind the worst defences will get plenty of work! The decent sides have good defences, will their keepers get much work to show their worth?

Yeah I get that but I would rather an england keeper be high on confidence from a fair number of clean sheets.

A well worked keeper could come in overcooked and may lose concentration if they have little to do
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 21:26]

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:46 - Sep 4 with 5072 viewsReuser_is_God

He should never have played again after the Iceland debacle.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 22:43 - Sep 4 with 4995 viewschristiand

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 21:25 - Sep 4 by RamRob

Yeah I get that but I would rather an england keeper be high on confidence from a fair number of clean sheets.

A well worked keeper could come in overcooked and may lose concentration if they have little to do
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 21:26]

You look at us currently. Would you select Bart for Poland's squad even though he has a heavy workload playing behind our defence, but playing well generally? For me, it makes no difference if they are busy or not it is the ability that they show in the games. Concentration is something a goalkeeper has or not it won't just come and go it is part of their armoury to perform.

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 06:21 - Sep 5 with 4910 viewstextbackup

We've had 5/10's weekly but they start every week. Managers are weird

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 08:22 - Sep 5 with 4842 viewsitfcjoe

He's conceded something silly like 50 goals in last 20 games.

Butland and Pickford should be fighting it out, I like Hart but his time has gone - also evidenced by fact Man City can't get shot of him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 08:56 - Sep 5 with 4816 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 08:22 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

He's conceded something silly like 50 goals in last 20 games.

Butland and Pickford should be fighting it out, I like Hart but his time has gone - also evidenced by fact Man City can't get shot of him

I get the feeling we're waiting for him to either make a howler, or the run of friendlies prior to the World Cup to ease him out. Either way his time is surely coming to an end

Think he almost certainly would have gone after the Iceland game had Butland not been injured and I think the next best option for the first game after was Heaton

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 09:00 - Sep 5 with 4805 viewsReuser_is_God

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 08:56 - Sep 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I get the feeling we're waiting for him to either make a howler, or the run of friendlies prior to the World Cup to ease him out. Either way his time is surely coming to an end

Think he almost certainly would have gone after the Iceland game had Butland not been injured and I think the next best option for the first game after was Heaton

I don't, I get the feeling that Southgate genuinely thinks he's our best keeper.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 09:03 - Sep 5 with 4800 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 09:00 - Sep 5 by Reuser_is_God

I don't, I get the feeling that Southgate genuinely thinks he's our best keeper.

Nah, it's the old in possession of the shirt until he's not logic, same as Mick

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 10:14 - Sep 5 with 4755 viewsrickw

I can understand why Southgate has stuck with him for the moment.
Butland has only played a handful of games since missing a year with injury and needs to prove himself again.
Pickford made some great saves but also some mistakes whilst being very busy at Sunderland last season, how will he cope when he's not as involved?

Give it another month before the next games when they've all played more games and I think we'll then have a clearer idea of how good they all currently are. Don't forget it was less than a year ago when everyone was raving about Hart's great double save for England

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 10:22 - Sep 5 with 4739 viewschicoazul

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 19:59 - Sep 4 by Rudyard83

Exactly how I feel. Butland is our best keeper by a fair distance IMO

I'm sure Butland would be number 1 now if it wasnt for his injuries. Hart always has problems saving to his left.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 10:57 - Sep 5 with 4705 viewschristiand

How is Joe Hart seemingly an automatic pick for England? on 10:14 - Sep 5 by rickw

I can understand why Southgate has stuck with him for the moment.
Butland has only played a handful of games since missing a year with injury and needs to prove himself again.
Pickford made some great saves but also some mistakes whilst being very busy at Sunderland last season, how will he cope when he's not as involved?

Give it another month before the next games when they've all played more games and I think we'll then have a clearer idea of how good they all currently are. Don't forget it was less than a year ago when everyone was raving about Hart's great double save for England

Pickford did great for the England U21s in the summer. You have to remember he was a young lad behind a poor Sunderland defence last season, that's a tall ask not to expect a goalkeeper of any age not to make a mistake as he is being worked so regularly. At the moment he is a youngster, in goalkeeping terms, he will make mistakes and we have to accept that. Shilton said in his article yesterday - 'All keepers make mistakes, but the good ones make the fewest!' and that is so true. When keepers aren't involved in games, that's when their talking/communication skills helps to maintain their levels of concentration.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024