Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! 14:08 - Sep 28 with 5540 viewsElderGrizzly

And only 4 forwards.

A bizarre selection and Delph getting a recall after what I assume is 1 goal for a big club.

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:10 - Sep 28 with 5526 viewsJ2BLUE

Makes sense really. Might as well have a look at an extra keeper.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:12 - Sep 28 with 5515 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

You have to say that our midfield looks pretty weak..

Though I prefer Delph to Livermore so not too surprised/unhappy about his recall
England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:13 - Sep 28 with 5512 viewsitfcjoe

It's just depressingly familiar - all the midfielders are not good enough on the ball.

I'd rather see a Jack Wilshere in there, or Loftus-Cheek or someone in that vain that isn't just a holding midfielder uncomfortable in a forward position at expense of Livermore etc

Need to try and implement the style of the underage teams, where players are generally picked on international fit rather than club form playing totally different styles.

Too many players who aren't, and never will be England calibre

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:14 - Sep 28 with 5507 viewsElderGrizzly

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:10 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Makes sense really. Might as well have a look at an extra keeper.

But does he really need 4? All are known to the squad and you know he'll only play Hart anyway!
England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:16 - Sep 28 with 5494 viewsKieran_Knows

Another shambles of a squad. Not that there is really much better that haven’t been picked.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:16 - Sep 28 with 5493 viewsElderGrizzly

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:13 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

It's just depressingly familiar - all the midfielders are not good enough on the ball.

I'd rather see a Jack Wilshere in there, or Loftus-Cheek or someone in that vain that isn't just a holding midfielder uncomfortable in a forward position at expense of Livermore etc

Need to try and implement the style of the underage teams, where players are generally picked on international fit rather than club form playing totally different styles.

I agree with you. No imagination, or risks being taken when we are 99.9% certain of qualification.

I actually had some hope Southgate would give that consistency back to the younger teams given his involvement in all the age groups across the England set-up.

Maybe the younger players will get a chance in the friendlies, but better to play in the second qualifier after we have guaranteed qualification.
England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:30 - Sep 28 with 5445 viewsReuser_is_God

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:16 - Sep 28 by Kieran_Knows

Another shambles of a squad. Not that there is really much better that haven’t been picked.

EDIT: Sorry read your post wrong
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 14:32]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:41 - Sep 28 with 5386 viewsStokieBlue

I don't even care about the keepers, silly yes, but not really important.

That midfield though is probably the weakest I've ever seen in an England squad. It's totally and utterly pants.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:17 - Sep 28 with 5316 viewsITFC_RM

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:16 - Sep 28 by Kieran_Knows

England fans ever thought about actually backing / supporting their team?

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:19 - Sep 28 with 5309 viewsitfcjoe

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:17 - Sep 28 by ITFC_RM

You can still do that and think the squad is bad and manager not up to it? I'll still watch every England game and get behind the boys if I go whilst not holding out much hope

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:30 - Sep 28 with 5283 viewsITFC_RM

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:19 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

You can still do that and think the squad is bad and manager not up to it? I'll still watch every England game and get behind the boys if I go whilst not holding out much hope

Club football yes. It just doesn't work like that internationally.

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:41 - Sep 28 with 5250 viewsitfcjoe

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:30 - Sep 28 by ITFC_RM

Club football yes. It just doesn't work like that internationally.

I think that's unfair - England fans travel well and support the team in bigger numbers than anyone else in the world. The attendances at Wembley still in qualifiers are unbelievable

But things aren't good on the pitch, we aren't evolving our play and you see the midfield in that squad and it is just safe choice after safe choice.

England need to look at the example of smaller nations, where club form isn't as important as national style and treat it as a club side like N.I. and Wales are doing on these isles.

on 15:51 - Sep 28 with 5240 views_

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:59 - Sep 28 with 5222 viewsReuser_is_God

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:17 - Sep 28 by ITFC_RM

Were you sheep shaggers not playing in front of less than 10k a few years back?

Evans out

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 16:07 - Sep 28 with 5210 viewsITFC_RM

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:59 - Sep 28 by Reuser_is_God

Were you sheep shaggers not playing in front of less than 10k a few years back?

Ye. but it's all relative isn't it. England fans rock up in numbers slate the team and cause a load of trouble to further degrade the countries reputation.

We have had non league players in the squad in recent times, you don't hear us whinging. you have to use what you have. back them.

England players play with zero passion, because there is very little from the support.

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 16:13 - Sep 28 with 5199 viewsReuser_is_God

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 16:07 - Sep 28 by ITFC_RM

Ye. but it's all relative isn't it. England fans rock up in numbers slate the team and cause a load of trouble to further degrade the countries reputation.

We have had non league players in the squad in recent times, you don't hear us whinging. you have to use what you have. back them.

England players play with zero passion, because there is very little from the support.

I think the passion has gone from the supporters due to the years of lacklustre performances from the players.

Similar to Town really.

Evans out

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 20:01 - Sep 28 with 5081 viewsbluehook

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 14:13 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

Jack Wilshere spends most of the match on his arse or knees.
England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 01:47 - Sep 29 with 4953 viewsCurrie10

England squad - 4 goalkeepers?! on 15:19 - Sep 28 by itfcjoe

Completely agree with you.

Many a crap player not remotely worthy of the shirt.

Went to Ukraine/Brazil/France and hoping to go to Russia. Just don't think many players are up to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024