Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mcgoldrick contract situation 15:41 - Oct 24 with 6679 viewsBlue_Armee

Just read a piece on Mcgoldrick's contract situation, seems to be a number of first team contracts running out at the end of the season (including Bart).

Could the lack of contract offers for these players be an indication that Mick's not going to be here?

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 5244 viewsArnieM

Might also explain the team apathy.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McGoldrick going in January..... on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 5235 viewsBloots

....wouldn't be a surprise.

It's already been mentioned on here.

He seems to want a move back closer to his family.

We've got Celina now anyway, he can do stepovers that achieve nothing as well, so we'll be OK for a replacement.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 5236 viewsPhilTWTD

Club have another year's option on Bart as they have on a few others, Skuse among them. McGoldrick has no option but don't think there are many others in that position, Bru will leave, obviously. Nydam will sign a new deal in the next few weeks, I assume, not able to sign for more than two years until his 18th birthday.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:33 - Oct 24 with 5140 viewsWeWereZombies

I, and this is no reflection on the reporter or august organ that carried the report, thought the timing and content of his post-match interview on Sunday was a bit off. Perhaps the club are just softening the blow for when they cash in whilst they can in January?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I'm sure we'll use the..... on 16:39 - Oct 24 with 5125 viewsBloots

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:33 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

I, and this is no reflection on the reporter or august organ that carried the report, thought the timing and content of his post-match interview on Sunday was a bit off. Perhaps the club are just softening the blow for when they cash in whilst they can in January?

....£350K wisely.

I fully expect him to go in January having seen the interview.

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:41 - Oct 24 with 5117 viewsPhilTWTD

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:33 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

It wasn't a post-match interview, was an interview in the programme ahead of the game. The club teased it as him speaking about his future, so I used the quotes on Sunday evening, was subsequently picked up elsewhere.
When do you think..... on 16:42 - Oct 24 with 5106 viewsBloots

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:41 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

It wasn't a post-match interview, was an interview in the programme ahead of the game. The club teased it as him speaking about his future, so I used the quotes on Sunday evening, was subsequently picked up elsewhere.

....he'll go, Phil?

When do you think..... on 16:47 - Oct 24 with 5093 viewsPhilTWTD

When do you think..... on 16:42 - Oct 24 by Bloots

....he'll go, Phil?

In the summer. I assume someone - perhaps a lower Premier League club - will offer him significantly more than Town could afford.
Login to get fewer ads

When do you think..... on 16:47 - Oct 24 with 5087 viewsWickets

....he'll go, Phil?

I fear your right but if the club has not,as he say's, offered him something they should.
I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:48 - Oct 24 with 5076 viewsBloots

When do you think..... on 16:47 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

In the summer. I assume someone - perhaps a lower Premier League club - will offer him significantly more than Town could afford.

...to let a player go for free in the summer, rather than get a fee in January.

When do you think..... on 16:50 - Oct 24 with 5065 viewsPhilTWTD

When do you think..... on 16:47 - Oct 24 by Wickets

I fear your right but if the club has not,as he say's, offered him something they should.

If I was his agent I'd tell him to bide his time and not make any decisions until the summer. I'm sure something will be on the table from Town by then and also from elsewhere.
When do you think..... on 16:51 - Oct 24 with 5048 viewsSpruceMoose

When do you think..... on 16:50 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

If I was his agent I'd tell him to bide his time and not make any decisions until the summer. I'm sure something will be on the table from Town by then and also from elsewhere.

Yet you criticised me for doing the same thing with my pending move to Tractorboys.com. Double standards.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:52 - Oct 24 with 5046 viewsIpswichIrish

McGoldrick is close to Mick who was instrumental in him declaring for Ireland. I think he'll sign soon, hopefully anyway or I'll have to change my staffy's name from Didzy.
Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:53 - Oct 24 with 5037 viewsSpruceMoose

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:52 - Oct 24 by IpswichIrish

McGoldrick is close to Mick who was instrumental in him declaring for Ireland. I think he'll sign soon, hopefully anyway or I'll have to change my staffy's name from Didzy.

I recommend a name change ASAP. Skusey or something like that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:54 - Oct 24 with 5039 viewsPhilTWTD

I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:48 - Oct 24 by Bloots

...to let a player go for free in the summer, rather than get a fee in January.

Doubt there'd be much of a fee in January and selling our best player could ultimately cost more than anything we'd get in terms of a fee depending on where we are in the table in January.
Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 5004 viewsIpswichIrish

Mcgoldrick contract situation on 16:53 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

I recommend a name change ASAP. Skusey or something like that.

Got two, older one named Seamus after Coleman and pup named Didzy, wouldn't need to change it being an Ireland fan too come to think of it :-)
When do you think..... on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 5007 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If Ireland make it to the world cup then he'll stay with us and probably run out his contract and put himself in the shop window in Russia.

Similar to Hal Robson-Kanu did with Wales at the Euros.
I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 5007 viewsWeWereZombies

I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:54 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Doubt there'd be much of a fee in January and selling our best player could ultimately cost more than anything we'd get in terms of a fee depending on where we are in the table in January.

And any interested parties assessment of fitness and impending treatment?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When do you think..... on 16:58 - Oct 24 with 4993 viewsgerard1947

....he'll go, Phil?

I reckon he will too. I don't think it'll be all about money either. I see this one a bit like Berra at the end of last season. He has his family in Nottingham so it's clearly not ideal working so far from home and his young family. He will looking for a club in the midlands in my opinion.

It may be a case of cashing him in in January or letting him go for nothing in the summer.
When do you think..... on 16:58 - Oct 24 with 4985 viewsPhilTWTD

When do you think..... on 16:57 - Oct 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

If Ireland make it to the world cup then he'll stay with us and probably run out his contract and put himself in the shop window in Russia.

Similar to Hal Robson-Kanu did with Wales at the Euros.

Indeed, I wouldn't be in any huge rush if I were in his position.
When do you think..... on 17:01 - Oct 24 with 4960 viewsIpswichIrish

When do you think..... on 16:58 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I wouldn't be in any huge rush if I were in his position.

His attitude has always been spot on, particularly when Leicester put a big bid in for him and he stayed. He's our best player and not old so worrying we haven't tied him down.
I guess it fits our business plan.... on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 4951 viewsPhilTWTD

I guess it fits our business plan.... on 16:57 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

And any interested parties assessment of fitness and impending treatment?

McGoldrick has, for the last couple of years, been worth more to us here than anyone would offer us - up front anyway - given his injury situation. If someone were to offer something fairly significant in January then there would be a decision to make, but I doubt it would be enough to make it worth while as no one's Championship season is done and dusted in January*.

*Rotherham last season aside.
When do you think..... on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 4934 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Will be interesting to see where he goes in the Summer. I’d be surprised to see a Premier League side take him unless he gets 15 goals this year and stays fit. He didn’t look fit on Sunday and his performance was very disappointing (as was that interview actually).

For our best player, I thought he was very poor and having watched the game back last night I didn’t change my mind. The miss goes without saying but his general decision making on a few occasions was uncharacteristically bad. They played him very well second half.
When do you think..... on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 4879 viewsPhilTWTD

When do you think..... on 17:04 - Oct 24 by PrideOfTheEast

Will be interesting to see where he goes in the Summer. I’d be surprised to see a Premier League side take him unless he gets 15 goals this year and stays fit. He didn’t look fit on Sunday and his performance was very disappointing (as was that interview actually).

For our best player, I thought he was very poor and having watched the game back last night I didn’t change my mind. The miss goes without saying but his general decision making on a few occasions was uncharacteristically bad. They played him very well second half.

I think he's a talented enough player for Premier League clubs to take a chance on him. From their perspective he'd be available for free on a comparatively low wage by their standards.

Would depend on his early-season form continuing, obviously. Otherwise, I know a number of Championship clubs, including Sheffield Wednesday, have been keen in the recent past. Newcastle were interested before they signed Murphy but wanted to do a deal which was a low fee up front and more as milestones were reached. Not really worth it from Town's perspective.

Sunday was one of his poorer days unfortunately. Seems to try too hard on some occasions, try to do too much. I've thought the same when we've played Forest in previous seasons.

When do you think..... on 17:18 - Oct 24 with 4847 viewsSomethingBlue

When do you think..... on 17:13 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

I think he's a talented enough player for Premier League clubs to take a chance on him. From their perspective he'd be available for free on a comparatively low wage by their standards.

Would depend on his early-season form continuing, obviously. Otherwise, I know a number of Championship clubs, including Sheffield Wednesday, have been keen in the recent past. Newcastle were interested before they signed Murphy but wanted to do a deal which was a low fee up front and more as milestones were reached. Not really worth it from Town's perspective.

Sunday was one of his poorer days unfortunately. Seems to try too hard on some occasions, try to do too much. I've thought the same when we've played Forest in previous seasons.

I thought he put in a similar performance against Bristol City and there is the danger of him getting *too* involved in our buildup play. I can see why, both on a personal and collective level, he might want or need to have a big influence but would rather he conserved it for more threatening areas.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024