Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Results - how TWTD works 22:30 - Oct 30 with 7968 viewsCurrie10

We lose = McCarthy dino rar rar style of play numerous posts Mick out... Volume crazy. Style of play... rar rar.

We win = rar rar may push on play offs. ' Told you Mick's good ' BELIEVEEEE etc.

We don't do draws.........

It's the absolute overreaction I love. Utter meltdown should we lose, ' where's the next win coming from ' rar rar rar. Love a forum.

I look forward to reading, probably the lose comments after Cardiff. Especially those who didn't watch the game/ listen to the game. Oh they'll post and know everything that happened in detail.

Point is - it's going to happen all season this. All season people are going to argue they know best, we'll either go on a winning / bad run at some point and people are going to bite at one another. Just utter gold some of the ' analysis ' I'm treated to.

Also, it's quite apparent McCarthy IS finally going to bite left right and centre and people aren't going to like what he's going to say the rest of the season. I don't see that changing! Now I'm not saying he's right to do so, however I cannot for the life in me see him being sacked unless we go on a shocking run from now until January at the earliest. Probably part end of the season.

In closing - We love ITFC however need to not abuse one another!!! We all have a range of views, however just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I'm wrong or your wrong. Just because you hate Mick doesn't mean I won't listen to what you have to say..... or if you love him the same! Just find it sad some of the abuse fellow fans hurl at one another. It's the team we love not Tory v Labour for heavens sake! I use Not606 and I've met up with 2 or 3 people over there over time at games. Some on the forum we get on fine with same views, others not however in person we're all chums :)
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 22:36]
Results - how TWTD works on 22:44 - Oct 30 with 7917 viewsNewcyBlue

I believe the only acceptable response to this on TWTD is.....

SUQ

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Results - how TWTD works on 07:59 - Oct 31 with 7819 viewsVaughan8

Absolutely right. Too many people sitting behind their computers abusing people for having a different opinion.

The "it's busy on here" threads or "we are going to win the playoffs" extreme threads after every game is a bit boring.

Some perspective is really needed. Sometimes we win but play badly and vice versa.

We all have different opinions!

BELIEVE #absolutescenes
Results - how TWTD works on 08:01 - Oct 31 with 7815 viewsBluebell

Don't we have to call McCarthy 'Muck' when we lose?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 8:24]
Results - how TWTD works on 08:23 - Oct 31 with 7795 viewssolemio

Results - how TWTD works on 08:01 - Oct 31 by Bluebell

Of course. If we don't the thought police will be round for us.
Results - how TWTD works on 09:13 - Oct 31 with 7746 viewsSuperfrans

Athough Saturday was an exception...

We won - but still it was "McCarthy dino rar rar" etc...

This place (and Twitter) is going to be horrible right through to the end of the season.

It is coming to something when you're less concerned about the result, more worried about the vitriolic reaction to the game (win or lose).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Results - how TWTD works on 09:15 - Oct 31 with 7750 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Results - how TWTD works on 07:59 - Oct 31 by Vaughan8

Absolutely right. Too many people sitting behind their computers abusing people for having a different opinion.

The "it's busy on here" threads or "we are going to win the playoffs" extreme threads after every game is a bit boring.

Some perspective is really needed. Sometimes we win but play badly and vice versa.

We all have different opinions!

BELIEVE #absolutescenes

You can quite easily stick me on ignore if my positivity is annoying you

BELIEVE!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Results - how TWTD works on 10:00 - Oct 31 with 7728 viewsmonty_radio

Results - how TWTD works on 09:15 - Oct 31 by The_Romford_Blue

BELIEVE!

I wonder why Rommy has not contributed to this thread?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

DinoMuck. (n/t) on 10:05 - Oct 31 with 7714 viewsBloots

Results - how TWTD works on 08:01 - Oct 31 by Bluebell

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Results - how TWTD works on 15:29 - Oct 31 with 7632 viewsbraveblue

Over reactive post!!
Results - how TWTD works on 15:38 - Oct 31 with 7612 viewsStokieBlue

Results - how TWTD works on 09:13 - Oct 31 by Superfrans

Athough Saturday was an exception...

We won - but still it was "McCarthy dino rar rar" etc...

This place (and Twitter) is going to be horrible right through to the end of the season.

It is coming to something when you're less concerned about the result, more worried about the vitriolic reaction to the game (win or lose).

Both sides are guilty though, not just the MM out brigade. Arguments are dismissed, regardless of validity as long as the result is positive.

Poor performances and tactics are ignored and the response to their issues is "we won, that's all that matters".

For some though, that isn't all that matters and their voicing their concerns is just as valid as voicing unwavering positivity.

It's become very polarised on here now unfortunately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Results - how TWTD works on 15:41 - Oct 31 with 7609 viewsSomethingBlue

Results - how TWTD works on 15:38 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

Both sides are guilty though, not just the MM out brigade. Arguments are dismissed, regardless of validity as long as the result is positive.

Poor performances and tactics are ignored and the response to their issues is "we won, that's all that matters".

For some though, that isn't all that matters and their voicing their concerns is just as valid as voicing unwavering positivity.

SB

You don't really see a lot of unwavering positivity. All it needs is for someone to say along the lines of "Well hold on, it wasn't quite that bad and in my opinion you're not taking into account X, Y and Z", and then they're greeted with "THEN U R A MICK LUVVER". It's pathetic but that's the way it generally goes — no nuance permitted, totally binary, and the shoutier elements dominate in the only way they have ever been able to.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Results - how TWTD works on 15:42 - Oct 31 with 7610 viewsNewcyBlue

BELIEVE!

SUQ

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Results - how TWTD works on 22:17 - Oct 31 with 7517 viewsCurrie10

Results - how TWTD works on 15:29 - Oct 31 by braveblue

Over reactive post!!

Not really, check how TWTD is being used tonight. Apt post. Meltdown tonight.
Results - how TWTD works on 22:56 - Oct 31 with 7456 viewsBlue_Moses

If it's any consolation i want him out even when we win.
Results - how TWTD works on 23:52 - Oct 31 with 7411 viewsSuperfrans

Results - how TWTD works on 15:38 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

SB

Fair enough.

Although I do think the Mick out fans do tend to be more extreme and are generally unwilling to accept that anything he does has any merit.

As someone else has said, there are very few on here who would argue that everything is rosy. On the whole, those who are trying to remain supportive are doing so in a more moderate fashion and acknowledge that we need to improve in certain areas - but are trying to balance this against some of the positives, our goal scoring record, position in the table, these performances despite a number of missing key players. Where they get more extreme in their views is in defending the manager and players against some of the vitriol we are currently seeing.

Of course, you might well say I am saying this because I’m more aligned with the latter. But it’s worth looking through some of the posts for the more considered responses to our results - I think it would quickly become self evident.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Results - how TWTD works on 00:08 - Nov 1 with 7402 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can't beat a good flounce about other people having a good flounce .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Results - how TWTD works on 00:29 - Nov 1 with 7384 viewsCurrie10

Results - how TWTD works on 23:52 - Oct 31 by Superfrans

Fair enough.

Although I do think the Mick out fans do tend to be more extreme and are generally unwilling to accept that anything he does has any merit.

As someone else has said, there are very few on here who would argue that everything is rosy. On the whole, those who are trying to remain supportive are doing so in a more moderate fashion and acknowledge that we need to improve in certain areas - but are trying to balance this against some of the positives, our goal scoring record, position in the table, these performances despite a number of missing key players. Where they get more extreme in their views is in defending the manager and players against some of the vitriol we are currently seeing.

Of course, you might well say I am saying this because I’m more aligned with the latter. But it’s worth looking through some of the posts for the more considered responses to our results - I think it would quickly become self evident.

I share this viewpoint.

I'm going to have to remain rosy, should we beat PNE, get more players 100% fit, be interesting after the international break what we can achieve.

Yes, the fixtures look grim. Yes, we've beaten no one ahead of us. However, a fully fit Huws would help massively I feel and if we could finally get a settled back 4...

Of course we could implode!
Results - how TWTD works on 00:54 - Nov 5 with 7265 viewsCurrie10

Results - how TWTD works on 00:29 - Nov 1 by Currie10

I share this viewpoint.

I'm going to have to remain rosy, should we beat PNE, get more players 100% fit, be interesting after the international break what we can achieve.

Yes, the fixtures look grim. Yes, we've beaten no one ahead of us. However, a fully fit Huws would help massively I feel and if we could finally get a settled back 4...

Of course we could implode!

A win vs PNE, and yep, exactly how the forum works! LOVE IT.
Results - how TWTD works on 05:11 - Nov 5 with 7187 viewspeterleeblue

BELIEVE!

Posts about people behind keyboards having a go and then has a dig at you!
You couldn't make it up.

I'm with you Rommy. I think this season we aren't going away. We have players to return from injury and maybe ME might back the team in January.

To give me a better feeling I would like to see us win a game against teams above us though.

I do think there are fine lines in games. Norwich for example had we took the first half chances they would not have looked so assured in beating us in the second half.
Results - how TWTD works on 22:10 - Nov 5 with 7038 viewsCurrie10

Results - how TWTD works on 05:11 - Nov 5 by peterleeblue

You couldn't make it up.

I'm with you Rommy. I think this season we aren't going away. We have players to return from injury and maybe ME might back the team in January.

To give me a better feeling I would like to see us win a game against teams above us though.

I do think there are fine lines in games. Norwich for example had we took the first half chances they would not have looked so assured in beating us in the second half.

Well we've held up quite well, however fixture wise we're yet to play -

Boro / Wendy / Wolves and perhaps a few other very decent sides in the league yet.

We're nowhere near as bad as many would like to make out, however I guess in a nutshell time will tell......

Just the overreaction anything we do is absolute gold. It'll happen again vs Hull, either way.
Results - how TWTD works on 23:34 - Nov 5 with 6998 viewsVaughan8

Results - how TWTD works on 05:11 - Nov 5 by peterleeblue

You couldn't make it up.

First of all you are calling me out when the opening post mentions the BELIEVE!!

I wasn't having a dig despite Romford being sensitive ( to certain people). Other people say these things and it's Ok, other say it and it's having a dig. Haha

The fact you say ME might back the team in January just shows you are living in a fantasy world. He didn't back us when we were top in January!! we would all love this but I can't see it happening.

We are doing well with what we have got, but I just think we have some tough games coming up which may drop us down a fair few places despite having a game in hand on some teams!
Results - how TWTD works on 23:56 - Nov 5 with 6975 viewsCurrie10

Results - how TWTD works on 23:34 - Nov 5 by Vaughan8

First of all you are calling me out when the opening post mentions the BELIEVE!!

I wasn't having a dig despite Romford being sensitive ( to certain people). Other people say these things and it's Ok, other say it and it's having a dig. Haha

The fact you say ME might back the team in January just shows you are living in a fantasy world. He didn't back us when we were top in January!! we would all love this but I can't see it happening.

We are doing well with what we have got, but I just think we have some tough games coming up which may drop us down a fair few places despite having a game in hand on some teams!

Can't really argue too much with this - got some lovely fixtures on the horizon. That said, should have Huws back and others are now fully match fit. Lets hope we can get a full season out of Dids, will make a massive difference.

You'd like to think Evans would back us more than he appeared to that season.

I will never forgive Anthony Knochaert turning down his loan deal which was all set to go! Think he'd have made a massive difference for us in the play offs in 2015!
Results - how TWTD works on 00:03 - Nov 6 with 6969 viewsBackToRussia

Should be remembered that this is how football fans have always been. It's just now there's a way for them to all be heard...big mistake.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024