Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments 14:11 - Nov 14 with 2488 viewsNo9

This bloke is an MP who has driven Brexit for many years and wants the hardest Brexit possible.
He tells his second employer clients to get out of UKinvestments.
To advise that he must know how bad it might be and should he advise parliament accordingly

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/john-redwood-brexit_uk_5a08cb50e4b0e37d2f3

Absolutely disgraceful or worse

This post has been edited by an administrator
Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:17 - Nov 14 with 2468 viewsJ2BLUE

I think it's common sense that there will be a short term decline. Markets don't move based on what should happen, they move by mass opinion. Markets will probably have a reasonable decline before people see that the doomsday scenarios don't play out and then they'll rebound.

Not sure this proves anything other than he has a better grasp of short term trading positions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:41 - Nov 14 with 2412 viewsgiant_stow

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:17 - Nov 14 by J2BLUE

I think it's common sense that there will be a short term decline. Markets don't move based on what should happen, they move by mass opinion. Markets will probably have a reasonable decline before people see that the doomsday scenarios don't play out and then they'll rebound.

Not sure this proves anything other than he has a better grasp of short term trading positions.

https://www.ft.com/content/2c68763c-bd85-11e7-823b-ed31693349d3

he doesn't mention anything about short term decline.

well spotted No.9 - this is scandalous.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:18 - Nov 14 with 2356 viewschicoazul

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:17 - Nov 14 by J2BLUE

You're so naive.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:22 - Nov 14 with 2343 viewsartsbossbeard

This John Redwood, MP?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+redwood+national+anthem&view=detail&mi

This one, I meant..stupid fingers.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 15:26]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:27 - Nov 14 with 2329 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:18 - Nov 14 by chicoazul

You're so naive.

All i'm saying is people are taking investment advice as 'proof' that the long term economy is going to tank. Is it not a fair point to raise that investment advice isn't the best indicator? Can't find any more recent stats but the average holding in the US was 22 seconds in 2012. Investment advice is not a good indicator for the long term economic outlook.

Truly impaired.

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:31 - Nov 14 with 2312 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:41 - Nov 14 by giant_stow

Can't see the article. Quite happy to admit i'm wrong if he has indeed said the long term outlook is bleak.

Truly impaired.

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:47 - Nov 14 with 2269 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 14:41 - Nov 14 by giant_stow

Nice to know he made some money out of the instability following the Brexit vote though, eh?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:52 - Nov 14 with 2245 viewsBackToRussia

Brexiteer John Redwood advises investors to get out of UK investments on 15:27 - Nov 14 by J2BLUE

All i'm saying is people are taking investment advice as 'proof' that the long term economy is going to tank. Is it not a fair point to raise that investment advice isn't the best indicator? Can't find any more recent stats but the average holding in the US was 22 seconds in 2012. Investment advice is not a good indicator for the long term economic outlook.

You're missing the big picture.

This is cynical self serving people who have engineered political change for short term economic profit.

Its the same capitalist logic that sold hideous mortgages to people knowing they'd default and then betting that those mortgages would fail to gain a profit.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024