Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice 14:14 - Nov 17 with 12737 viewsLord_Lucan

Normally I would go somewhere and get hammered but the future ex wife and I thought we would like to go somewhere where we can actually do or see something rather than just go from bar to bar.

Unfortunately this isn't my area of expertise and all suggestions are welcome.

Berlin would be the sort of place but I've been there a couple of times already.

Cheers chaps.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:15 - Nov 17 with 7231 viewsSpruceMoose

Lisbon?

Bruges?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:16 - Nov 17 with 7224 viewsStokieBlue

Go back to Amsterdam and spend the time in the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum.

The Van Gogh museum is stunning if you like his paintings - more than 270 in one place.

Otherwise Granada is a good one and the Alhambra shouldn't be as busy as this time of yea - plenty to do around that area - could even ski one day up in the Sierra Nevadas.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:17 - Nov 17 with 7212 viewsusm

Budapest

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:19 - Nov 17 with 7198 viewsSteve_M

Seville, Valencia? Decently warm even at this time of year, not too long a flight, plenty of cultural stuff but also good bars and restaurants (in Valencia anyway, fewer in Seville).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:20 - Nov 17 with 7135 viewsBlueStreak

Prague was excellent and I would definitely recommend it for a short break with the other half.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:24 - Nov 17 with 7121 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ghent
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:25 - Nov 17 with 7116 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:17 - Nov 17 by usm

Budapest

Seconded.

Beautiful city which wouldn't get boring over 4 or 5 days.. I happened to stumble onto the 'lively' area one evening (if you still fancy going out on the lash( and would suggest that Budapest would have enough to occupy pretty much everyone, all within a relatively compact area
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:26 - Nov 17 with 7113 viewsJakeITFC

Rome.
Login to get fewer ads

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:28 - Nov 17 with 7109 viewsSpruceMoose

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:26 - Nov 17 by JakeITFC

Rome.

How was your NY trip?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:34 - Nov 17 with 7098 viewsLord_Lucan

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:16 - Nov 17 by StokieBlue

Go back to Amsterdam and spend the time in the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum.

The Van Gogh museum is stunning if you like his paintings - more than 270 in one place.

Otherwise Granada is a good one and the Alhambra shouldn't be as busy as this time of yea - plenty to do around that area - could even ski one day up in the Sierra Nevadas.

SB

Thanks to all.

I think this is the first year since the 1981 final that I haven't been to Amsterdam but there is absolutely no way I could go there and not get on it. It's a complete no no. I was toying with going to Harlem but I know I would stay on the train. I have tried to go to Harlem before.

Seville and Valencia - been to both and wasn't that impressed with Seville, I thought I was central but maybe I wasn't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 7084 viewsJakeITFC

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:28 - Nov 17 by SpruceMoose

How was your NY trip?

Absolutely incredible (apologies, I meant to message you when I got back).

Can't wait to go back tbh, feel like I left so much behind to do.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:40 - Nov 17 with 7074 viewsimsureazzure

Belfast, giants causeway, Bushmills distillery, Portrush, you have probably been previously, has the wife? Also gives plenty of scope for sampling the 'hospitality'.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:04 - Nov 17 with 7038 viewsclive_baker

Stowmarket is worth a look. Christmas lights are nice this time of year and easy to get to by rail or road from Ipswich. I recommend the Museum of East Anglian life, set within 75 acres of Suffolk countryside, just a short walk from the town centre.

As for eateries you could do worse than Trudy's sandwich bar, The Royal Oak public house or the River Bistro. A few nice pubs and should you wish to carry on your night into the early house you could go nightclubbing at Carbon. Other attractions include The Regal Theatre and well equipped Leisure Centre.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:11 - Nov 17 with 7018 viewsGlasgowBlue

My Mrs has booked a weekend away next month to a town in the south of France called Carcassonne. Don't know much about it other than it isn't far from Toulouse and the flights were £10 return through Ryanair.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:15 - Nov 17 with 7003 viewsstickymockwell

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:11 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

My Mrs has booked a weekend away next month to a town in the south of France called Carcassonne. Don't know much about it other than it isn't far from Toulouse and the flights were £10 return through Ryanair.

Carcassonne is amazing. Beautiful town/castle and surrounding countryside.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 6980 viewsLord_Lucan

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:40 - Nov 17 by imsureazzure

Belfast, giants causeway, Bushmills distillery, Portrush, you have probably been previously, has the wife? Also gives plenty of scope for sampling the 'hospitality'.

I'd like to take the Mrs to Giants Causeway actually and also visit Ballycastle again but alas I think a NI trip spells possible disaster.

After the sound advice on here I'm considering Budapest - although I still might give Harlem another attempt.

Anyone been to West Berlin? I've been to The East a couple of times but avoided The West as I thought it might be too "Plain Jane"

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:24 - Nov 17 with 6975 viewsunbelievablue

Athens was good.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:43 - Nov 17 with 6950 viewsbrogansnose

Istanbul or Jerusalem. Good food at both destinations, plenty to do. Getting lashed in Istanbul probably not that great.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:46 - Nov 17 with 6940 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Two days including flying in and out, or two days excluding travel days.

If you are flying out one day and back the next, not worth the hassle.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 6924 viewshype313

Carcassonne is a lovely spot, you will enjoy it there.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:58 - Nov 17 with 6911 viewsgerard1947

Great call, incredible place.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:58 - Nov 17 with 6912 viewsLord_Lucan

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:46 - Nov 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Two days including flying in and out, or two days excluding travel days.

If you are flying out one day and back the next, not worth the hassle.

I think you are pretty much stating the obvious there to be honest.

I don't work in January so I reckon I can stretch to two nights.

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 17:24 - Nov 17 with 6867 viewsfloridablue

Copenhagen, only been once just before xmas in the early 80s. The tivoli gardens area with the markets were superb, would love to visit again myself.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 17:24 - Nov 17 with 6866 viewsjas0999

Prague.
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 17:25 - Nov 17 with 6866 viewsPinewoodblue

Weekend in Norwich, late Feb, would be a treat.

Seriously someone mentioned Carcassone can recommend it. Ryan air used to fly there direct from Stansted not sure they still do.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024